Kirbyville vs Waco LaVega broadcast/KVILLE WINS 43-34!!

rykerx144

Congrats to the Wildcats on your win over LaVega. We need you to win one more next week and then get ready for the rematch. SE Texas is waiting for this one. Stangs are focused and will take it one game at a time. Just the anticipation of a Kirbyville--WOS rematch is exciting. I know a lot of fans have this one on their mind. No disrespect to the upcoming opponents of Kirbyville and WOS, I'm just a dedicated fan who believes the Mustangs have what it takes.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Lowrider" post="912804" timestamp="1290150872"]
Congrats to the Wildcats on your win over LaVega. We need you to win one more next week and then get ready for the rematch. SE Texas is waiting for this one. Stangs are focused and will take it one game at a time. Just the anticipation of a Kirbyville--WOS rematch is exciting. I know a lot of fans have this one on their mind. No disrespect to the upcoming opponents of Kirbyville and WOS, I'm just a dedicated fan who believes the Mustangs have what it takes.
[/quote]if they have to meet WOS i will try to make it. Only if Abilene doesnt have Cooper to play here at Shotwell.

Kirbyville fans shouldn't need to worry about people like scooter. If ya'll are die hard fans like I am, it doesn't matter if there are bandwagon jumpers out there..We know who we'll be rootin for and we'll keep supporting those cats till the end. I want the cats to get that ring more than ever because I have two empty fingers that could have been filled with title rings. Go get em cats. Take care of business and we'll see if scooter wants back on the bandwagon by the end of the season. And if so, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. I'll be pullin' for them cats till the day I die and I know there are plenty more like me. Good luck next week.

i dont know HOW many times there SHOULD of been a loss of 10 or more
yards and tackles were missed turning in big gains... kirbyville played horrible tonight on many occasions.
offensively in the second half, i can live with that. and holding to seven in the first half.. i can live with that as well.

Waco LaVega just CRUSHED a 9-1 team 42-0 last week!!! they ARE a good team.
Kirbyville, unfortunately, played in a soft district. this game was a wake up call
not something to worry about .. they will be back and in gear to go. LaVega gained the most
yards after contact that I think I will ever see.

as for the bandwagon jumpers.. go right ahead. as for the rematch... kville wants it just as bad as wos. and setx.

After 4 hrs of sleep I wake up to this thread and for those who weren't at the game let me tell you something.  I myself did underestimate LV.  They played a good hard game and came up short.  Their passing game was non existent.  Kirbyville [b]dominated[/b] their passing game and made them 1 dimensional.  Normally that would be a good thing but let me tell you their QB was the best football player that Kirbyville faced and when HE ran the ball he was tough to stop.  Wheather it was zone read or scrambling to the back side he made Kirbyville pay for over pursuing.  LV could score 34 on B-wood or WOS IMO.  He was their offense in a sense and if you tell yourself they would've stopped him I will disagree.  LV's defense was sound, fast, big and did a good job at times but were simply overmatched against Kirbyville's offense.  In saying that, Kirbyville's offense never got a good feel of what they needed to do.  As we said their was no flow to the game it just felt wierd.  And for an offense to struggle at times to get things going and still manage to score enough points shows what this team is made of.  Some may say that isn't much but they are entitled to their opinion and we all know what opinions are like. ;)   It doesn't matter how bad you beat a team in the end as long as you have 1 more point on the board than they do.  IMO, this game is exactly what Kirbyville needed to prepare (wake them up) them for next week.  Not 2 weeks from now, next week!  That is the only thing that matters and rest assured that the coaches will have them ready for Columbus or Coldspring.  My parting shot is that their next opponent or opponents better look out because when this team has their back against the wall one game they come out swinging and get hot very fast.  You know the old saying about having an animal cornered?  Always use caution because they are very dangerous.  Good win Cats!  1 game at a time is all we can ask.  As for those who doubt the team let them doubt, they will soon find out what this team is made of.

Good win Kville.We all can't have easy wins in the playoffs and a good team finds a way to win.
I don't know what the big deal is here about Kville not playing well.Didn't sound like they were in trouble at any point of the game.They jumped out in front early and stayed there.This is the playoffs and after the first round it gets a little tougher.

People can say what they want about the game last night but the QB from LV was a heck of an athlete and determined to get a win for his team. You have to respect how he played and anyone that says their team could have handled him easily is kidding themselves. If you break it down I dont think the Cats played horrible. They never really got into rythm on Offense but it did not look like they were not executing it looked like the play calling was a bit predictable. May be Jack was just playing his cards close to his chest. Other than the QB running all over the feild the the D looked Ok.  If they could have stopped him no one would be complaining. I want to say Cucancic comes through everytime we need him to. So thanks Caleb. People are saying that this is worst game Kville has played all year. I think it can be the game we learn the most from. They are the same team they were at 7:30 yesterday.... they just have a hard fought win under their belt.

I went to the game last night. First time to see Kirbyville play. # 8 for you guys had a great game. Very good athlete. Plays efective on both sides of the ball. I had heard a bunch of talk about how great #1 was. While he did have a couple of big runs he did not play 100% on every play in my opinion. Not taking anything away, he is good, just not what I expected I guess. That LaVega quarterback was impressive. Good win.....

[[/quote]um, you been away for a while, I been saying Brownwood was the team to beat, get that correct. Its ok rykerx. I expected this type of response from a kville fan.  :D

That's so right scooter, kville fans are very sensitive about their team, maybe even insecure? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tackling was a major issue. While LV found ways to make plays.. It happened from missed tackles a large majority of the time. But that's ok. They got the win and surely fired
Up for these next two rematches should they happen. We find out one tonight. Any word on stadium and time if coldspring wins. ? I heard Beaumont for sure but not day or time or which venue

[quote name="chs11" post="912954" timestamp="1290182071"]
[[/quote]um, you been away for a while, I been saying Brownwood was the team to beat, get that correct. Its ok rykerx. I expected this type of response from a kville fan.  :D

That's so right scooter, kville fans are very sensitive about their team, maybe even insecure? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]seems to be the case.  :D

[quote name="chs11" post="912954" timestamp="1290182071"]

[/quote]

Why is it that any thread you are on there seems to be an issue? Must just be a coinciedence that everytime things get stupid you are some how caught up in it no matter what team is being discussed. You get your hackles up pretty quick defending CS and its obvious you take pride in your home team so why would you be suprised when others do the same for theirs. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin