Kirbyville vs Waco LaVega broadcast/KVILLE WINS 43-34!!

rykerx144

After having a while to think about the game, I think there are a couple of things to consider about that game last night....

#1- You can talk about the 'Cats defense struggling, but I'd hate to see the time of possession..... Our D was on the field a lot last night and fatigue may have set in.... It's tough to tackle a GREAT player (McGowan) when you are winded.... No knocking the defense, they kept the other team's score lower than ours and that's what it is about.... And we did have 3 picks and a TD on defense....

#2- As I mentioned in the broadcast, EVERY state title winning team has a test at some point.... There are the rare occasions when teams steam roll everyone, but those occasions are VERY rare.... Kirbyville will learn from this.... Their coaching staff is one of the best in southeast Texas.... You don't make two straight state championship games and start a third season 12-0 without having a great staff....

#3- The players will have a new level of focus next week no matter who it is.... Reading Facebook posts from Cucancic and Ford after the game, they both acknowledged that it was a close game and they will have to be better prepared next week.... To me, that makes them dangerous next week....

Don't forget, as AAW said, in the playoffs, I don't care if I win every game by 1 point, I just want to win....

P.S. --- Those of you who took the Reggie Bush comments WAY out of proportion.... I understand completely that Bush is an NFL athlete and Ford is in high school.... It was a joke, and I'm sorry that it could not be enjoyed that way...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HubTx" post="913034" timestamp="1290189767"]
After having a while to think about the game, I think there are a couple of things to consider about that game last night....

#1- You can talk about the 'Cats defense struggling, but I'd hate to see the time of possession..... Our D was on the field a lot last night and fatigue may have set in.... It's tough to tackle a GREAT player (McGowan) when you are winded.... No knocking the defense, they kept the other team's score lower than ours and that's what it is about.... And we did have 3 picks and a TD on defense....

#2- As I mentioned in the broadcast, EVERY state title winning team has a test at some point.... There are the rare occasions when teams steam roll everyone, but those occasions are VERY rare.... Kirbyville will learn from this.... Their coaching staff is one of the best in southeast Texas.... You don't make two straight state championship games and start a third season 12-0 without having a great staff....

#3- The players will have a new level of focus next week no matter who it is.... Reading Facebook posts from Cucancic and Ford after the game, they both acknowledged that it was a close game and they will have to be better prepared next week.... To me, that makes them dangerous next week....

Don't forget, as AAW said, in the playoffs, I don't care if I win every game by 1 point, I just want to win....

P.S. --- Those of you who took the Reggie Bush comments WAY out of proportion.... I understand completely that Bush is an NFL athlete and Ford is in high school.... It was a joke, and I'm sorry that it could not be enjoyed that way...
[/quote]
Great post.  They were tested and came up with a win they can learn from.

[quote name="HubTx" post="913034" timestamp="1290189767"]

[/quote]

To the house!!!!!!!  ;)

When your'e used to seeing a team put up big numbers every game and they stumble in a game,Like all teams do...I don't care if it's Brownwood,Bluewood or Greenwood,it happens you hit the Wall somewhere along the way...Waco La Vega is the best 7/4 team in the state..IMO...They are no push-over...Kirbyville will pull it together I believe,And if they don't they will take their positions along with all the others that have fell along the way...The sign of a good team is knowing it's not going right and reaching down and get what's needed to stay for another day..Hopefully Kirbyville will find it...Win or Lose I'm still proud of the kids,They have already exceeded what the great minds of football said they would do...Good Luck Kats..!!!!!  Kirbyville is behind you all the way..... ;)

Finally getting a chance to get on and talk about the game last night.  What’s up with all the bashing?  Kville did look a little out of sink on offense but at no time during the game did I think the Kats were in trouble.  Sounds like people making nasty comments but didn’t see the game.  The scary part is Kville wasn’t on top of their game and still won pretty convincingly despite what the final score was.  What’s it going to be like when everything is clicking?  :o  Great turn out for the Kats last night.  One at a time Kats. One at a time.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="913121" timestamp="1290196580"]
Finally getting a chance to get on and talk about the game last night.  What’s up with all the bashing?  Kville did look a little out of sink on offense but at no time during the game did I think the Kats were in trouble.  Sounds like people making nasty comments but didn’t see the game.  The scary part is Kville wasn’t on top of their game and still won pretty convincingly despite what the final score was.  What’s it going to be like when everything is clicking?  :o  Great turn out for the Kats last night.  One at a time Kats. One at a time.
[/quote]

Right..!! ;)

[quote name="kville68" post="912861" timestamp="1290175683"]
People can say what they want about the game last night but the QB from LV was a heck of an athlete and determined to get a win for his team. You have to respect how he played and anyone that says their team could have handled him easily is kidding themselves. If you break it down I dont think the Cats played horrible. They never really got into rythm on Offense but it did not look like they were not executing it looked like the play calling was a bit predictable. May be Jack was just playing his cards close to his chest. Other than the QB running all over the feild the the D looked Ok.  If they could have stopped him no one would be complaining. I want to say Cucancic comes through everytime we need him to. So thanks Caleb. People are saying that this is worst game Kville has played all year. I think it can be the game we learn the most from. They are the same team they were at 7:30 yesterday.... they just have a hard fought win under their belt.
[/quote] Talked to a relative of mine who said he believes this is the same kid that gave state champ gilmer fits when he play against them last year .... good athlete and great player .. good win for k ville

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder