CROS / MONTGOMERY PREDICTIONS

BRONX ROX

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montgomery-42 Crosby-28 Lots of offense-probably not a whole lot of defense-turnovers and defensive stops will be keys to the game. Montgomery should be motivated after getting eliminated by Crosby last year. But this is the playoffs and we have all seen anything and everthing can happen. You have to be focused and not beat yourself (turnovers/penalty), the teams keep getting better each round and will make you pay for your mistakes.

Montgomery has a major issue, we saw it this year in the first half game 1. they don't have the size to matchup against Merka. I'll say this. IF Jackacy has a good game, Montgomery might be in BIG trouble.

Also With Dobbin been hurt this year... has he lost any of that maddening speed? if so they might be in trouble. The cougs stuck with this team for a half, and then Dobbins got some good blocks in the second half, we were more injured then than now and our front line was depleted, thats not true, its going to be much harder for the Bears to wear down our defense.

BUT Jackacy and the Cougar pass game have really been clicking lately if we can be a 3 faceted team we can win this game, make the fear the RB, make them fear the pass, make the fear Merka's running ability. The triple threat should mean the cougs score a bunch and the defense really played with heart against, Nederland which i hope spills over to this game, if so maybe it'll be the cougs trying to get revenge next week. Hope so as i'll miss this game.

-Cougtalk. 

Defense....this is what will determine this game.  Not sure what Nederland did last week...but Dobbins will dominate this game.  Crosby's front will not hold up to the size of Da'Bears........ 
Looking at the stats from your games....all the teams in your district ran the ball on you guys with much success.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="909217" timestamp="1289782913"]
Montgomery has a major issue, we saw it this year in the first half game 1. they don't have the size to matchup against Merka. I'll say this. IF Jackacy has a good game, Montgomery might be in BIG trouble.

Also With Dobbin been hurt this year... has he lost any of that maddening speed? if so they might be in trouble. The cougs stuck with this team for a half, and then Dobbins got some good blocks in the second half, we were more injured then than now and our front line was depleted, thats not true, its going to be much harder for the Bears to wear down our defense.

BUT Jackacy and the Cougar pass game have really been clicking lately if we can be a 3 faceted team we can win this game, make the fear the RB, make them fear the pass, make the fear Merka's running ability. The triple threat should mean the cougs score a bunch and the defense really played with heart against, Nederland which i hope spills over to this game, if so maybe it'll be the cougs trying to get revenge next week. Hope so as i'll miss this game.

[color=black[b]]-Cougtalk[/b][/color]. 
[/quote]

If the CROS recievers can hold on to the ball and the swiss cheese D fills some holes then CROS will have a chance. MONT has a stout D and an efficient O to match. CROS has got to force some turnovers and turn them into points. Whats up with signing the post. I guess you wanted to make sure we knew somebody did not steal your user ID ???

-Cougtalk. 
[/quote]

::) How did that size matchup against merka work in the second half this year? Even Montgomery's smallest player NG Tyler Anderson was stuffing Merka behind the line of scrimmage. The defense came in ready to shut down Merka and they will do it again. As for Dobbins, he hasnt lost a step, ask Brenham. Montgomery owned the line of scrimmage in week 0, they will do it again. Think of the second half from that game, except for 4 quarters on Saturday.

[quote name="texasaggie" post="909230" timestamp="1289784461"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=76097.msg909217#msg909217 date=1289782913]

-Cougtalk. 
[/quote]

::) How did that size matchup against merka work in the second half this year? Even Montgomery's smallest player NG Tyler Anderson was stuffing Merka behind the line of scrimmage. The defense came in ready to shut down Merka and they will do it again. As for Dobbins, he hasnt lost a step, ask Brenham. Montgomery owned the line of scrimmage in week 0, they will do it again. Think of the second half from that game, except for 4 quarters on Saturday.
[/quote]

Keep it coming... I remember last week talk about OUR BAD DEFENSE. and then they consistently stopped a "good" Nederland offense.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="909231" timestamp="1289784693"]
[quote author=texasaggie link=topic=76097.msg909230#msg909230 date=1289784461]

-Cougtalk. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

Keep it coming... I remember last week talk about OUR BAD DEFENSE. and then they consistently stopped a "good" Nederland offense.
[/quote]
A "good" Nederland Offense that didnt even have its starting qb is nothing in comparison to the machine that is the Montgomery Offense, must they put up 56 on y'all again for you to understand?

-Cougtalk. 
[/quote]Okay. Cougtalk seems to be our lone representative for Crosby. Would you please at least get the names correct? Jackacy was from last years team. It's Jacoby Scott or maybe I'm missing Jackacy. Now to my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised with the way Crosby came out this week. I would not have predicted how we came to play this week. This team has some talent, but from what I have heard (rumor) they are hard to coach (discipline). I did not think they had a chance with Nederland, but they proved me wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out and gave Montgomery a good game, but I would have to give Montgomery the edge. Now I can't wait for all the Dayton perspectives. Even though this has nothing to do with them, I'm sure we'll get their opinions. And Friogirl....KMA. What...do you have an ex husband in Crosby? Man, I'm sick of the Crosby bashing from D-Town. And last but not least, props to Merka. I've really enjoyed watching this kid play ball.

Sorry Tater your right... Its because its the first time Jacoby has ran like Jackacy all year long!

Jacoby had a great game, and to be fair the idea that Montgomery is going to dominate Crosby end to end seems silly. They didn't do it game 1 this year, and their not going to do it now.

56 pts... thats nice question? what was the score at half? question again... How many points did that D give to Crosby prior to the establishment of a back (JACOBY) and a good set of receivers... so MERKA scored 30 on you guys... now what happens when the rest of the team shows up?

Records say Montgomery should win this one... to be fair your Marque game is a loss to Brenham and to be honest they aren't as good as we thought they were (apparently GO KP).

Squishy district over their minus Brenham. I'd argue Crosby/Dayton/PNG/Nederland/BH/maybe even GP could have gone 1 loss in that district. Central and maybe Dayton would have had a shot at winning it.

Listen the cougs gave up 2 big passes against Montgomery that sealed it and opened things up for Montgomery in week 1 the secondary is MUCH improved and the run defense has had trouble with option teams in district, except for Dayton. but tbh Dayton scored most their points on a Wide reciever/rb triple option thing they like to run. Lining up in a singleback with 3 down TE's is a very different offense. MUCH closer than last time and maybe the cougs pull it out. Hoping that Defense shows up again. Its good to see Chuck with a smile on his face he works really hard and i was happy to see him fired up on the sideline this week.

Haven't seen Montgomery this year, but I have seen Crosby. Crosby has the size and speed that most coaches would kill to have. Not to mention one of the best QB's in the state. I'm not gonna speculate as to why they seem to have under-achieved a little this year. But hey, they are playing in the second round.

Just based off what I've seen of Crosby and the scores/stats of the Bears....I have to believe Montgomery will win this one by 14 or so. But as we've seen, anything can happen.

And yes Tater, I'm from Dayton and that's my opinion posted on a public sports forum. Sorry if it bothers you.

okay first of all, one half doesnt mean a thing. you can say all you want about Crosby being close to us at the half, but the truth is: it doesnt matter!!! Wins and losses are not determined by who won the first half or who won the second half. They're about who won the whole game. and who was that again? o yeah, Montgomery. Pretty convincingly I might add. Merka is the type of quarterback who can change a game, but at the same time one person is not going to beat our defense. Our defense has proven once this year that they can shut down Merka, do we have to do it again? We've proven that we can shut out teams and that we can stop a duel threat QB more than once. To add to that, our offense is at it's peak right now. Our passing game is working the best that it's ever worked and we still have Leroy. I think this one goes to Montgomery.... again!

[quote name="montgomery45" post="909381" timestamp="1289791979"]
okay first of all, one half doesnt mean a thing. you can say all you want about Crosby being close to us at the half, but the truth is: it doesnt matter!!! Wins and losses are not determined by who won the first half or who won the second half. They're about who won the whole game. and who was that again? o yeah, Montgomery. Pretty convincingly I might add. Merka is the type of quarterback who can change a game, but at the same time one person is not going to beat our defense. Our defense has proven once this year that they can shut down Merka, [b]do we have to do it again?[/b] We've proven that we can shut out teams and that we can stop a duel threat QB more than once. To add to that, our offense is at it's peak right now. Our passing game is working the best that it's ever worked and we still have Leroy. I think this one goes to Montgomery.... again!
[/quote]

yes to the bolded part. You know you guys are playing this week right???  ;D ;D ;D

Good luck to both teams. I hope the Crosby team that fulfills their potential shows up!!

[quote name="COUCH TATER" post="909268" timestamp="1289787097"]

-Cougtalk. 
[/quote]Okay. Cougtalk seems to be our lone representative for Crosby. Would you please at least get the names correct? Jackacy was from last years team. It's Jacoby Scott or maybe I'm missing Jackacy. Now to my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised with the way Crosby came out this week. I would not have predicted how we came to play this week. This team has some talent, but from what I have heard (rumor) they are hard to coach (discipline). I did not think they had a chance with Nederland, but they proved me wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out and gave Montgomery a good game, but I would have to give Montgomery the edge. Now I can't wait for all the Dayton perspectives. Even though this has nothing to do with them, I'm sure we'll get their opinions. And Friogirl....KMA. What...do you have an ex husband in Crosby? Man, I'm sick of the Crosby bashing from D-Town. And last but not least, props to Merka. I've really enjoyed watching this kid play ball.
[/quote][b]And Friogirl....KMA. What...do you have an ex husband in Crosby? Man, I'm sick of the Crosby bashing from D-Town. [/b] I don't think Frio has been bashing Crosby  ... It's no secret that Dayton doesn't like Crosby and Crosby doesn't like Dayton. It's called rivalry. Smack talk is what it is... from BOTH Crosby and Dayton. Now to the topic... I hope Crosby can pull it off and win...

Cougtalk--please keep talking. I love how you think PNG is "squishy", whatever you mean by that.  Keep telling everyone how weak we are--hope they believe you. I especially liked your comment about Dayton and Central. Do you know who scored 49 points on Central and pulled out the starters in the 3rd quarter? Must've been Dayton by your estimation. So, everyone, don't worry about PN-G; they are just pushovers.  ;D FYI, I'm talking tongue-in-cheek and ROFLMAO.

[quote name="Squaw1" post="909435" timestamp="1289795304"]
Cougtalk--please keep talking. I love how you think PNG is "squishy", whatever you mean by that.  Keep telling everyone how weak we are--hope they believe you. I especially liked your comment about Dayton and Central. Do you know who scored 49 points on Central and pulled out the starters in the 3rd quarter? Must've been Dayton by your estimation. So, everyone, don't worry about PN-G; they are just pushovers.  ;D FYI, I'm talking tongue-in-cheek and ROFLMAO.
[/quote]

Read the post again Squaw1.... you misunderstood

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298