Central vs. Humble Predictions

[quote name="Goldenoldie" post="909648" timestamp="1289838176"]
This will be a very tough matchup.  The Boyette kid (6'4 275) is a beast, but it will take more than one man to slow Central down.  I know that Humble is more than just a one trick pony and I can see this game quite possibly going either way.  But, the jags have got to find a way to neutralize this kid.  My take is that this one will come down to take aways and turnovers.

Jags take this one 24 - 21. ;)
[/quote]

Boyette is a beast, but so is his counter part DT Zorrell Ezell 6'2 250. This kid as a motor on him, and is probably the toughest to block of the two.  Boyette requires a double team, and this really frees up Ezell to wreck havock. Kid is fast as well.   DE Kyndal Hill 6'6 210 has also come along nicely as well, accounted for 5 sacks and 2 INTs.

i think this will be a great game.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="909673" timestamp="1289839224"]
To be honest the PNG game is not a true show of what the Jags are capable of.  We killed a few drives ourselves in that game and we were plain out flat.  To take nothing from PNG our Oline did not show up!  That is a problem in all of our losses!  I have seen them play great and play bad!  If we dont hedge block with a FB or RB on pass plays, we will not be able to stop the D-line of Humble.  Our Oline is not small, but it can be slow out the blocks.  The Sweep will probably be our best bet against Humble, if Heard can make the first tackle miss!

Dont take this team for light because they can surprise you.  The deep ball by the Sophmore is a thing of beuty!  I do agree that the defensive scheme is not best fit for our talent.  You can't run that without a BIG, dominant nose guard, and our nose guard is pretty little!
[/quote]

Their smaller then you'd like to see when going Pro-set.  But not taking anything away from them, smaller is better sometimes.  Espcially in run blocking schemes.

Trust me, i am not taking this team lightly...and neither will our boys or coaches.  In all honesty this will come down to which team is better coached.  Central is athletic, but so is Humble.  The talent on either side of the ball will not be the factor that wins this game.  Execution will.  i realize and respect the level of talent at Central, but it will be nullified by equal talent.

Where is a good place to eat before the game?  I haven't been down to Beaumont for a game since 2007.

[quote name="HUM398" post="909690" timestamp="1289839970"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=76020.msg909673#msg909673 date=1289839224]
To be honest the PNG game is not a true show of what the Jags are capable of.  We killed a few drives ourselves in that game and we were plain out flat.  To take nothing from PNG our Oline did not show up!  That is a problem in all of our losses!  I have seen them play great and play bad!  If we dont hedge block with a FB or RB on pass plays, we will not be able to stop the D-line of Humble.  Our Oline is not small, but it can be slow out the blocks.  The Sweep will probably be our best bet against Humble, if Heard can make the first tackle miss!

Dont take this team for light because they can surprise you.  The deep ball by the Sophmore is a thing of beuty!  I do agree that the defensive scheme is not best fit for our talent.  You can't run that without a BIG, dominant nose guard, and our nose guard is pretty little!
[/quote]

Their smaller then you'd like to see when going Pro-set.  But not taking anything away from them, smaller is better sometimes.  Espcially in run blocking schemes.

Trust me, i am not taking this team lightly...and neither will our boys or coaches.  In all honesty this will come down to which team is better coached.  Central is athletic, but so is Humble.  The talent on either side of the ball will not be the factor that wins this game.  Execution will.  i realize and respect the level of talent at Central, but it will be nullified by equal talent.

Where is a good place to eat before the game?  I haven't been down to Beaumont for a game since 2007.
[/quote]

Floyd's is good and close to the stadium. There are also several other chain style resteraunts very close like Pappadeaux's, Cheddars, Johnny Carrino's, Joe's Crab Shack, Cracker Barrel, etc. All of those are within a mile or two of the stadium. Floyd's or Cheddars would be my choices.

[quote name="akifan94" post="909701" timestamp="1289840486"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76020.msg909690#msg909690 date=1289839970]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Floyd's is good and close to the stadium. There are also several other chain style resteraunts very close like [b]Pappadeaux's, Cheddars, Johnny Carrino's, Joe's Crab Shack, Cracker Barrel[/b], etc. All of those are within a mile or two of the stadium. Floyd's or Cheddars would be my choices.
[/quote]

you're so rich!! :D

[quote name="dayton" post="909705" timestamp="1289840682"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76020.msg909701#msg909701 date=1289840486]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Floyd's is good and close to the stadium. There are also several other chain style resteraunts very close like [b]Pappadeaux's, Cheddars, Johnny Carrino's, Joe's Crab Shack, Cracker Barrel[/b], etc. All of those are within a mile or two of the stadium. Floyd's or Cheddars would be my choices.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You lost me....  ;D. I was just listing the resteraunts near the stadium.... I can throw in the Jack in a Box and Waffle House if it helps anyones pocket book.  ;D

[quote name="akifan94" post="909716" timestamp="1289840936"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76020.msg909705#msg909705 date=1289840682]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You lost me....  ;D. I was just listing the resteraunts near the stadium.... I can throw in the Jack in a Box and Waffle House if it helps anyones pocket book.  ;D
[/quote]

I'm just kidding. I go all out for playoffs, that would be my list too.

[quote name="dayton" post="909719" timestamp="1289841022"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76020.msg909716#msg909716 date=1289840936]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I ate Pappacitos twice this weekend on my way to Austin and back just in case we do not make it to a Houston playoff game.  ;D You got to get it while you can.

Just so I don't hijack this thread any further. Central 21 - Humble 17

[quote name="akifan94" post="909724" timestamp="1289841207"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76020.msg909719#msg909719 date=1289841022]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76020.msg909716#msg909716 date=1289840936]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I ate Pappacitos twice this weekend on my way to Austin and back just in case we do not make it to a Houston playoff game.  ;D You got to get it while you can.

Just so I don't hijack this thread any further. Central 21 - Humble 17
[/quote]

Im gald we are seeing a straying away from the orginal 48-21 predictions in favor of Central.  to me a 21-17 victory for central is more realistic

[quote name="akifan94" post="909701" timestamp="1289840486"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Floyd's is good and close to the stadium. There are also several other chain style resteraunts very close like Pappadeaux's, Cheddars, Johnny Carrino's, Joe's Crab Shack, Cracker Barrel, etc. All of those are within a mile or two of the stadium. Floyd's or Cheddars would be my choices.
[/quote]

NOPE!!! Either Carrabas or Tokyo!!!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="909733" timestamp="1289841492"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

NOPE!!! Either Carrabas or Tokyo!!!
[/quote]

And Dayton thought I was rich?  ;D Those are great date night places but not so great when you are dragging three kids along.

[quote name="HUM398" post="909830" timestamp="1289848810"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76020.msg909828#msg909828 date=1289848583]
Who's got the better kicking game??

Field position will be large in this game.
[/quote]

our punter Has been fantastic.  [b]he is average just at 48 yards a punt. [/b] [/quote]

:o

[quote name="dayton" post="909831" timestamp="1289848858"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76020.msg909830#msg909830 date=1289848810]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76020.msg909828#msg909828 date=1289848583]
Who's got the better kicking game??

Field position will be large in this game.
[/quote]

our punter Has been fantastic.  [b]he is average just at 48 yards a punt. [/b] [/quote]

:o
[/quote]

Wait...i lied.  I got my numbers mixed up  38 yards per punt.  Guess he is human after all.

;)

This game will clear some things up for me. I feel like I have a pretty good idea where Central stands in the pecking order. But with Humble, I'm not quite sure yet. I'm inclined to put them way up there with Brenham, Friendswood if not better. Their only loss being to a tough 5A Dobie team, plus looking at how they handled Stratford, Willis, and KP seems to back up my inclination. Strange how they've flown under the radar this year.

Central is no pushover obviously, so like I said, this game will answer some questions. At least for me anyway.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="910967" timestamp="1289955850"]
The team that comes  close to what Humble has is Memorial.  We were outplayed in every facette of the game. That's been since week 0 though.   Lets see how far we've  came along. I hope our coaches don't decide to play cat and mouse. Way too dangerous at this point of the season!
[/quote]

I think that is a fair assessment of the talent level this season.  i do think we utilize our talent better then they do on the defensive side of the ball.  Javeon Slone (#72 i believe, was 90 or 99 last season) is comparable to Paul Boyette.  Both are built similar, but Boyette is better with his hands and seems to have a better nose for the ball.  Zorrell Ezell to me is the unsung hero of that D-line.  His motor just runs 200% all the time, and is extremely difficult to block.  He is big, yet athletic enough to out power you and out run you.  

I am interested to see how well we match up against Central, because a lot of the SETX folks on here say they are pretty good.  and i am always excited to  see us play the best.

[quote name="bigd92" post="910981" timestamp="1289956933"]
Hum398 whats up man; I remember our debates when PAM played Humble. Humble Always tough to beat.
[/quote]

Yeah...id rather not live the experience of the 07 district game against PAM....heart breaker.

how you been doing?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder