Central vs. Humble Predictions

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HUM398" post="908619" timestamp="1289748748"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=76020.msg908599#msg908599 date=1289748108]
[quote author=BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN link=topic=76020.msg906605#msg906605 date=1289630187]
I found this on Humble
Humble Wildcats

Record: 9-1

Offensive Scheme: Spread

Offensive Notes: Are pretty balanced. Are as close to a 50/50 split between pass and run. The ratio however is slightly towards a more pass oriented offense, but not by much. Weakness, they aren’t a very strong running team contrary to the tradition of the Humble Offensive game. RB is solid, but due to a lack of run blocking makes most of his yards on his own. Offensive line is good, but inconsistent in run blocking.

Offensive Key Players:
QB- Kyle Washington (6’5 180)- Passing Yards: 1410 Comp %: 62 TD: 12 INT: 2 . Rushing Yards: 37-287 TD: 9 - Highlight: http://www.youtube.com/user/247Sport...52/BrXRYKadRGI

WR- Jaylan Zallicoffer (6’0 175)- Receptions: 22-315 yards

WR- Kyle Tucker (6’1 170lbs)- Receptions: 18-286

RB- Darius Lynch (5’8 185)- All Purpose Yards: 667 TD’s: 10

Notes: Humble features 5 WR with over 100 yards, 3 over 200, and 2 over 300.

Defensive Scheme: 4-2-5

Defensive Notes: Very physical defense. Strength is their Defensive line. Very large, and very quick. Secondary is fast, and the unit as a whole seems to swarm to the ball very well. Weakness is that the scheme seems to be high risk high rewards, and blown coverage’s happen.

Defensive Key Players:

DT- Paul Boyette Jr. (6’4 275) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DLnAE3BnDE

DT- Zorell Ezell (6’2 250) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gOMEpAE58

DE- Kyndal Hill (6’5 210) - [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=7fDMAnXYxP0

FS- Brison Burris (5’11 175) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g9-fo7Xg7Y

Note: as a Unit The Humble D has accounted for 20 Sacks, and 12 INT’s.

Highlights:

[/quote]

Wow - nice writeup - where did you find this??
[/quote]

I wrote it.
[/quote]

Very nice, this kind of poster will win friends not upset folks, he come with facts and does not try to upset people with inflammatory comments sterotyping whole communities, hope we get a chance to play them! Thanks for the data!

OK Soulja...here's my strategy for your Jaguars to bring home the "W", for what it's worth.  Just sit them boys down and make 'em watch the replay of their last game of the season...shouldn't be a problem after that!!  ;)

Really though, good luck to the Jags, Indian Nation is behind you 112%!!

well hum398 we want to welcome you to the golden triangle and are ready to see the outcome of the game. You seem to be a very good poster and welcome to the board. If nothing else you will have barbershill89 on your side because that is just how he is. WE all appreceiate good defense and i can only expect that from humble because of what you have said, i havent seen yall play so i am eager to go friday night, one thing you will see this friday is that png will be there supporting the jags, and you will be infront of one heck of a crowd. The new stadium is nice and the scoreboard is huge. I can only pull for the jags because the are out district champs and are representing 20-4A . Dont underestimate  the jags they have a runningback that can get somewheres quick in a hurry. The qb is young but doesnt seem to get rattled and for the most part does throw the ball well and can scramble with the best of them. I think their receivers are all healthy now so it should be a good game. I am intrigued about the three d1 recruits that you are claiming to have, i am all about defense so it will be fun to watch. PNG has no d1 recruits on our defense by no means at all but we did put a very impressive  showing against the jags run game holding heard to -1 yards rushing, lets see if your defense can top that. good luck to both teams and ready to go to the butch again this weekend two nights in a row, man this is messing up my deerhunting lol.

You know, we talk about defensive strengths and offensive strengths, but seldom do we acknowledge our special teams. Well, I'd like to say ours have improved much since our kicker has come back. We are no longer giving teams the short field. it was much the difference friday night. We struggled a lot every since he's been out. Well he's back and he's made sure the opposing team has a whole 80 yards every time he kicks off the ball. It's a big difference when teams are starting from the 20 instead of the 40 or 50.

[quote name="bcjag10" post="909471" timestamp="1289803051"]
[quote author=bcjag10 link=topic=76020.msg909470#msg909470 date=1289802975]
[quote author=1ZANMAN link=topic=76020.msg909468#msg909468 date=1289801815]
Haha nice joke Galveston County... Which includes Friendswood.
[/quote]always stinking up SETX threads,  :-X
[/quote] GO Wheatley
[/quote]

Go Humble, stinking Jags!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="909219" timestamp="1289783003"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76020.msg908619#msg908619 date=1289748748]
[quote author=BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN link=topic=76020.msg906605#msg906605 date=1289630187]
I found this on Humble
Humble Wildcats

Offensive Notes: Are pretty balanced. Are as close to a 50/50 split between pass and run. The ratio however is slightly towards a more pass oriented offense, but not by much. Weakness, they aren’t a very strong running team contrary to the tradition of the Humble Offensive game. RB is solid, but due to a lack of run blocking makes most of his yards on his own. Offensive line is good, but inconsistent in run blocking.

Offensive Key Players:
QB- Kyle Washington (6’5 180)- Passing Yards: 1410 Comp %: 62 TD: 12 INT: 2 . Rushing Yards: 37-287 TD: 9 - Highlight: http://www.youtube.com/user/247Sport...52/BrXRYKadRGI

Defensive Notes: Very physical defense. Strength is their Defensive line. Very large, and very quick. Secondary is fast, and the unit as a whole seems to swarm to the ball very well. Weakness is that the scheme seems to be high risk high rewards, and blown coverage’s happen.

Defensive Key Players:

DE- Kyndal Hill (6’5 210) - [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=7fDMAnXYxP0

Highlights:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wrote it.
[/quote]

Very nice, this kind of poster will win friends not upset folks, he come with facts and does not try to upset people with inflammatory comments sterotyping whole communities, hope we get a chance to play them! Thanks for the data!
[/quote]
I found this on 5a texas football web site. I don't remember the poster. I thought it showed how good the football talant Humble has. Personaly, I think Humble is a very good team and have won 8 games in a row. Humble will be tough to beat and always are very prepared. I'm pretty sure Humble has scouted  Central, so they know what kind of team they are. Should be a low scoring game . Central 16-14    GO JAGUARS !!!

[quote name="BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN" post="909484" timestamp="1289820677"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=76020.msg909219#msg909219 date=1289783003]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76020.msg908619#msg908619 date=1289748748]
I found this on Humble
Humble Wildcats

Offensive Key Players:

Defensive Key Players:

Highlights:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wrote it.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I found this on 5a texas football web site. I don't remember the poster. I thought it showed how good the football talant Humble has. Personaly, I think Humble is a very good team and have won 8 games in a row. Humble will be tough to beat and always are very prepared. I'm pretty sure Humble has scouted  Central, so they know what kind of team they are. Should be a low scoring game . Central 16-14    GO JAGUARS !!!
[/quote]

The poster was FRS90, which happens to be me...hahaha.

Far Right Side is what the FRS stands for.

You will see the same write up here under the Humble-Stratford thread.  I plan on doing a break down of Central as soon as i can watch one more game...I have watched the PNG-Central game, but i believe that won't give me a true idea of their strengths.  However i did learn quite a bit about their schemes, tendencies, and key players.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="909483" timestamp="1289819820"]
[quote author=bcjag10 link=topic=76020.msg909471#msg909471 date=1289803051]
[quote author=bcjag10 link=topic=76020.msg909470#msg909470 date=1289802975]
[quote author=1ZANMAN link=topic=76020.msg909468#msg909468 date=1289801815]
Haha nice joke Galveston County... Which includes Friendswood.
[/quote]always stinking up SETX threads,  :-X
[/quote] GO Wheatley
[/quote]

Go Humble, stinking Jags!!
[/quote] :-X

Well I am going to keep it real! GO JAGS!

Central has not really looked polished all year!  There are moments of briliance but it is not really pretty.  The issue starts and ends with the young QB and O-line struggles.  The fumbles are a new thing and the INT's are not the real issue.  4 of the INts came in the 3 losses when we were in 100% pass.  I went to 6 games this year and saw at least 4 picks taht were deflections off recievers hands.

Our O-line is very vulnerable, especially to speed off the ends. The Young QB can be rattled when the blitz is on, what else can be expected from a Sophmore (he is REALLY good though)!  WB and Memorial being the first two games really hurt Central in the stat catagory so it is hard to guage them by stats.  PNG game did not help those statistics.  PNG straight up out coched the Jags!  They knew every play and how to exploit the defensive coverage. Central actually paced well against PNG but could not finish drives.  They left at least 14 first half points on the field (A pick in the endzone and penalties that put the at 3rd and 20+ on the second)! Once behind they were one dimensional, great game plan Indians!

Humble, you will need to watch out for the running game, we are good blocking down hill.  If the QB gets going early you may be on trouble, we are a big play offense!!!

Defensively we got a kid that could give you fits if he is playing up to it!  We are not a big defense but we are a give not break defense!  

I think it'll be a close game. I don't think either team is going to put up 48. I think Central wins 24-21. If Central has 6 to's in this game, they will be getting out the basketball shoes. They must not turn the ball over. By the way, Humble guy, everybody on the Central defense runs a 4.7 40 or faster, including the linemen. There are 6 guys that run 4.5 or better if you were wondering just how fast their defense is. However, turnovers will decide this game.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="909580" timestamp="1289835195"]
Well I am going to keep it real! GO JAGS!

Central has not really looked polished all year!  There are moments of briliance but it is not really pretty.  The issue starts and ends with the young QB and O-line struggles.  The fumbles are a new thing and the INT's are not the real issue.  4 of the INts came in the 3 losses when we were in 100% pass.  I went to 6 games this year and saw at least 4 picks taht were deflections off recievers hands.

Our O-line is very vulnerable, especially to speed off the ends. The Young QB can be rattled when the blitz is on, what else can be expected from a Sophmore (he is REALLY good though)!  WB and Memorial being the first two games really hurt Central in the stat catagory so it is hard to guage them by stats.  PNG game did not help those statistics.  PNG straight up out coched the Jags!  They knew every play and how to exploit the defensive coverage. Central actually paced well against PNG but could not finish drives.  They left at least 14 first half points on the field (A pick in the endzone and penalties that put the at 3rd and 20+ on the second)! Once behind they were one dimensional, great game plan Indians!

Humble, you will need to watch out for the running game, we are good blocking down hill.  If the QB gets going early you may be on trouble, we are a big play offense!!!

Defensively we got a kid that could give you fits if he is playing up to it!  We are not a big defense but we are a give not break defense!  
[/quote]

I watched the PNG-Central game and it gave me an idea of the type of scheme yall run, as well as the struggles you face.  I saw a ton of talent, as well as some silly mistakes.  I did get that they struggle in pass protection, and that the QB although under pressure still has great down the field vision.  He will be a special kid if he can keep from getting clobbered.

Defensively, yall are small up front but hit the gaps really well.  The 3-4 to be honest hurts yall IMHO.  That scheme is generally in favor of more speed on the field, however yall have some kids on the D-line that would be playing LB in other schemes…so the speed is already there.   If im the head coach at CENT, I want to move to a system with more speed on the line with more hands in the dirt.  To be honest I feel as if the scheme benefits us,  I like the way we match up with your D-line, given that we are speed oriented O-line.  Not a whole lot of size but quick.
Your Secondary is solid, speed kills in that regard.  So our offense will have another game were we will not be willing to throw  into the midst of a fast secondary.

In regards to how the Central Oline and the downhill running, it will be interesting to see if yall can run on us.  I’ll admit that we haven’t yet played a team that has been willing to jam it down our throats with a back of Heards caliber.  Autrey Golden is the closest we have gotten, and to be honest…he wasn’t up to the task.   We are very very large upfront, and we will be the biggest Defensive line yall have played all year…and we are fast up front as well.  I am interested to see how we do against yalls down hill running attack.

Friday couldn’t get here fast enough

[quote name="Titletown2" post="909589" timestamp="1289835696"]
I think it'll be a close game. I don't think either team is going to put up 48. I think Central wins 24-21. If Central has 6 to's in this game, they will be getting out the basketball shoes. They must not turn the ball over. By the way, Humble guy, everybody on the Central defense runs a 4.7 40 or faster, including the linemen. There are 6 guys that run 4.5 or better if you were wondering just how fast their defense is. However, turnovers will decide this game.
[/quote]

thats fine.  We are fast too. im not going to be coy with you, we probably have the best athletes in the region this year.

Remember, Humble has been playing at the 5A level for a while.  We've gone toe to toe with teams like IKE, Nimitz, and Aldine.  We know what speed looks like

This will be a very tough matchup.  The Boyette kid (6'4 275) is a beast, but it will take more than one man to slow Central down.  I know that Humble is more than just a one trick pony and I can see this game quite possibly going either way.  But, the jags have got to find a way to neutralize this kid.  My take is that this one will come down to take aways and turnovers.

Jags take this one 24 - 21. ;)

To be honest the PNG game is not a true show of what the Jags are capable of.  We killed a few drives ourselves in that game and we were plain out flat.  To take nothing from PNG our Oline did not show up!  That is a problem in all of our losses!  I have seen them play great and play bad!  If we dont hedge block with a FB or RB on pass plays, we will not be able to stop the D-line of Humble.  Our Oline is not small, but it can be slow out the blocks.  The Sweep will probably be our best bet against Humble, if Heard can make the first tackle miss!

Dont take this team for light because they can surprise you.  The deep ball by the Sophmore is a thing of beuty!  I do agree that the defensive scheme is not best fit for our talent.  You can't run that without a BIG, dominant nose guard, and our nose guard is pretty little!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83