Central vs. Humble Predictions

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="908508" timestamp="1289718922"]
CENT is going to smash HUM and make them like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Right BMSOULJA... Just ask Smoking Baby real football is played EAST of the trinty :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

BRONX.....you should come watch the game, and see how real defense is played.   

[quote name="ndn78" post="908562" timestamp="1289745357"]
Go Jags, NDN's behind you all the way!

Go PNG!
[/quote]
We will be there with bells on unless it is pouring down rain which is a possibility.  That could change game plans for the Jags, but I really want them to win. Most Central fans were very gracious when we beat them and we appreciate that.  None of us want a repeat of two years ago.  PNG Indian fans may be fanatic, but I've never known them to be sore losers or to deliberately show poor sportsmanship. Go, Jags, we'll support you all the way!! We also appreciate your support for our boys. Scalp 'em, Indians!

At this point i have grown accustomed to people underestimating my Wildcats, as well as ignoring how good they are.

Plus this is a SETX board, so i would expect nothing less then support for fellow SETX football teams.  

Im just curious HAS anyone seen us?  Just unsure how anyone could go with one or the other with out any reference point.

Ok Im gonna give out my prediction and some Central fans may not like it.  Central 48      Humble  28. Now before you get mad at me remember I think you will let the wompus cats score with a few minutes left 2 TD's.  Central lets smash the Wompus CatZ so you can take care of the Ponies over at Freindywoodz. If they can win this week.  They barley got by last week. They are not nearly as good as they used to be.

[quote name="BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN" post="906605" timestamp="1289630187"]
I found this on Humble
Humble Wildcats

Record: 9-1

Offensive Scheme: Spread

Offensive Notes: Are pretty balanced. Are as close to a 50/50 split between pass and run. The ratio however is slightly towards a more pass oriented offense, but not by much. Weakness, they aren’t a very strong running team contrary to the tradition of the Humble Offensive game. RB is solid, but due to a lack of run blocking makes most of his yards on his own. Offensive line is good, but inconsistent in run blocking.

Offensive Key Players:
QB- Kyle Washington (6’5 180)- Passing Yards: 1410 Comp %: 62 TD: 12 INT: 2 . Rushing Yards: 37-287 TD: 9 - Highlight: http://www.youtube.com/user/247Sport...52/BrXRYKadRGI

WR- Jaylan Zallicoffer (6’0 175)- Receptions: 22-315 yards

WR- Kyle Tucker (6’1 170lbs)- Receptions: 18-286

RB- Darius Lynch (5’8 185)- All Purpose Yards: 667 TD’s: 10

Notes: Humble features 5 WR with over 100 yards, 3 over 200, and 2 over 300.

Defensive Scheme: 4-2-5

Defensive Notes: Very physical defense. Strength is their Defensive line. Very large, and very quick. Secondary is fast, and the unit as a whole seems to swarm to the ball very well. Weakness is that the scheme seems to be high risk high rewards, and blown coverage’s happen.

Defensive Key Players:

DT- Paul Boyette Jr. (6’4 275) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DLnAE3BnDE

DT- Zorell Ezell (6’2 250) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gOMEpAE58

DE- Kyndal Hill (6’5 210) - [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=7fDMAnXYxP0

FS- Brison Burris (5’11 175) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g9-fo7Xg7Y

Note: as a Unit The Humble D has accounted for 20 Sacks, and 12 INT’s.

Highlights:

[/quote]

Wow - nice writeup - where did you find this??

[quote name="NDN79" post="908597" timestamp="1289747941"]
C A R E F U L  Jack !! You may incite the wrath of those freindywoodz fans--and then they will start posting and you will have to trade remarks with them! Or maybe that's what you're trying to do!!!
[/quote]

We do not get on here and brag or bash others - maybe some of you should try that. Another Class act! Have you seen us on here thumping our chests after playing a bad game? Have you seen us on here trashing Brehnam? Not like others. Get over your FW phobia and focus on something positive.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="908590" timestamp="1289747565"]
Ok Im gonna give out my prediction and some Central fans may not like it.  Central 48       Humble  28. Now before you get mad at me remember I think you will let the wompus cats score with a few minutes left 2 TD's.  Central lets smash the Wompus CatZ so you can take care of the Ponies over at Freindywoodz. If they can win this week.  They barley got by last week. They are not nearly as good as they used to be.
[/quote]

Really?   REALLLY?

How do you come up with this sort of prediction?  Is it based in any sort of knowledge?

Let me drop some numbers on yall.

Humble has accounted for 14 INTS this season, and close to 30 sacks defensively.  We have about a 95% likely hood of scoring after a turnover looking at the numbers.

Centrals QB has accounted for 13 TD's (maybe more, Chron.com always shorts stats by a game or two) and 10 INTS.   that being said, i think they will have to keep from throwing into our secondary to avoid turnovers.  otherwise you are looking at it being close to impossible to scoring those 48 points.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="908599" timestamp="1289748108"]
[quote author=BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN link=topic=76020.msg906605#msg906605 date=1289630187]
I found this on Humble
Humble Wildcats

Record: 9-1

Offensive Scheme: Spread

Offensive Notes: Are pretty balanced. Are as close to a 50/50 split between pass and run. The ratio however is slightly towards a more pass oriented offense, but not by much. Weakness, they aren’t a very strong running team contrary to the tradition of the Humble Offensive game. RB is solid, but due to a lack of run blocking makes most of his yards on his own. Offensive line is good, but inconsistent in run blocking.

Offensive Key Players:
QB- Kyle Washington (6’5 180)- Passing Yards: 1410 Comp %: 62 TD: 12 INT: 2 . Rushing Yards: 37-287 TD: 9 - Highlight: http://www.youtube.com/user/247Sport...52/BrXRYKadRGI

WR- Jaylan Zallicoffer (6’0 175)- Receptions: 22-315 yards

WR- Kyle Tucker (6’1 170lbs)- Receptions: 18-286

RB- Darius Lynch (5’8 185)- All Purpose Yards: 667 TD’s: 10

Notes: Humble features 5 WR with over 100 yards, 3 over 200, and 2 over 300.

Defensive Scheme: 4-2-5

Defensive Notes: Very physical defense. Strength is their Defensive line. Very large, and very quick. Secondary is fast, and the unit as a whole seems to swarm to the ball very well. Weakness is that the scheme seems to be high risk high rewards, and blown coverage’s happen.

Defensive Key Players:

DT- Paul Boyette Jr. (6’4 275) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DLnAE3BnDE

DT- Zorell Ezell (6’2 250) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gOMEpAE58

DE- Kyndal Hill (6’5 210) - [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=7fDMAnXYxP0

FS- Brison Burris (5’11 175) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g9-fo7Xg7Y

Note: as a Unit The Humble D has accounted for 20 Sacks, and 12 INT’s.

Highlights:

[/quote]

Wow - nice writeup - where did you find this??
[/quote]

I wrote it.

Easy fwstangs--I do not get on here and brag or bash others. I think it's great that people get excited over their teams and are passionate about them. I do not, and will not make disrespectful, or class-less personal attacks on anyone. I think this should all be just in fun. If you have taken offense, then please accept my most humble apologies. But I must pull for the Central Jaguars because they are the 20-4a champs and will represent southeast Texas in D-2. I do hope that if Central meets you--they beat you, and proceed through to the state game!! :)

[quote name="HUM398" post="908584" timestamp="1289747200"]
At this point i have grown accustomed to people underestimating my Wildcats, as well as ignoring how good they are.

Plus this is a SETX board, so i would expect nothing less then support for fellow SETX football teams.  

Im just curious HAS anyone seen us?  Just unsure how anyone could go with one or the other with out any reference point.
[/quote]Trust, I respect the Humble football team.  Me, as a Jag fan.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="908622" timestamp="1289748994"]
Humble no offense. LOL. This prediction is going to be very close. Sorry. Central is that good.
[/quote]

whatever you say boss.  from everything i have seen i have not seen any indication that central is capable of hanging 48 point on us.  I see a team that has a solid running attack, and a shaky passing attack prone to INT's.   The Run-Pass ration is about 64-36, and that plays heavily into our defensive strength.  

I know that the coaching staff is going to look at our defense and say "Hey, its a 4-2-5...we can run on this all day...just have to get to the second level".   But i am telling you, we aren't GP.  This Defense is going to swarm to the ball, and its EXTREMELY unlikely that they will be able to stick to a 64-36 Run-Pass split and hang 48 on us.

They very may well win, but i just don't see a blowout happening hoss.

I know where we are as a team, and know that we won't get respect in this region.   If we beat Friendswood, we will be favored to lose..  Hey, im cool with it.  Just trying to understand the total lack of knowledge being "served" here in regards to the Wildcats.

[quote name="HUM398" post="908616" timestamp="1289748702"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=76020.msg908590#msg908590 date=1289747565]
Ok Im gonna give out my prediction and some Central fans may not like it.  Central 48       Humble  28. Now before you get mad at me remember I think you will let the wompus cats score with a few minutes left 2 TD's.  Central lets smash the Wompus CatZ so you can take care of the Ponies over at Freindywoodz. If they can win this week.  They barley got by last week. They are not nearly as good as they used to be.
[/quote]

Really?   REALLLY?

How do you come up with this sort of prediction?  Is it based in any sort of knowledge?

Humble has accounted for 14 INTS this season, and close to 30 sacks defensively.  We have about a 95% likely hood of scoring after a turnover looking at the numbers.

Centrals QB has accounted for 13 TD's (maybe more, Chron.com always shorts stats by a game or two) and 10 INTS.   that being said, i think they will have to keep from throwing into our secondary to avoid turnovers.  otherwise you are looking at it being close to impossible to scoring those 48 points.
[/quote]This will not be a blowout.  Look for a 20's scoring type of game.  Both Defenses will show up. 

[quote name="NDN79" post="908623" timestamp="1289749017"]
Easy fwstangs--I do not get on here and brag or bash others. I think it's great that people get excited over their teams and are passionate about them. I do not, and will not make disrespectful, or class-less personal attacks on anyone. I think this should all be just in fun. If you have taken offense, then please accept my most humble apologies. But I must pull for the Central Jaguars because they are the 20-4a champs and will represent southeast Texas [b]in D-2.[/b] I do hope that if Central meets you--they beat you, and proceed through to the state game!! :)
[/quote]We're in D-1..

[quote name="HUM398" post="908628" timestamp="1289749349"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=76020.msg908622#msg908622 date=1289748994]
Humble no offense. LOL. This prediction is going to be very close. Sorry. Central is that good.
[/quote]

whatever you say boss.  from everything i have seen i have not seen any indication that central is capable of hanging 48 point on us.  I see a team that has a solid running attack, and a shaky passing attack prone to INT's.   The Run-Pass ration is about 64-36, and that plays heavily into our defensive strength.  

I know that the coaching staff is going to look at our defense and say "Hey, its a 4-2-5...we can run on this all day...just have to get to the second level".   But i am telling you, we aren't GP.  This Defense is going to swarm to the ball, and its EXTREMELY unlikely that they will be able to stick to a 64-36 Run-Pass split and hang 48 on us.

They very may well win, but i just don't see a blowout happening hoss.

I know where we are as a team, and know that we won't get respect in this region.   If we beat Friendswood, we will be favored to lose..  Hey, im cool with it.  Just trying to understand the total lack of knowledge being "served" here in regards to the Wildcats.
[/quote]Most of our INT's this year have been accurate passes to the reciever.  It bounces off their hands or chest and bounces in the air and it is picked off.  If our recievers are catching passes, Humble may be in trouble.  Our young gun QB have been pretty solid this year in passing with accuracy.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="908630" timestamp="1289749536"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76020.msg908616#msg908616 date=1289748702]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=76020.msg908590#msg908590 date=1289747565]
[/quote]

Really?   REALLLY?

[/quote]This will not be a blowout.  Look for a 20's scoring type of game.  Both Defenses will show up. 
[/quote]

It is generally what i am thinking.  I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be a low scoring affair.  Humble hasn't allowed anyone to score over 21pts.  and the time we did allow it, it was against our 2nd and 3rd string units.

Given that central matches up well with us in an athletic standpoint, i don't really see us being able to knock out the big plays.  Speed neutralizes Speed.  Both teams can run, so the advantage doesn't fall in either teams column.

come down to who executes better

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami