Central vs. Humble Predictions

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="908633" timestamp="1289749873"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76020.msg908628#msg908628 date=1289749349]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=76020.msg908622#msg908622 date=1289748994]
Humble no offense. LOL. This prediction is going to be very close. Sorry. Central is that good.
[/quote]

whatever you say boss.  from everything i have seen i have not seen any indication that central is capable of hanging 48 point on us.  I see a team that has a solid running attack, and a shaky passing attack prone to INT's.   The Run-Pass ration is about 64-36, and that plays heavily into our defensive strength.  

I know that the coaching staff is going to look at our defense and say "Hey, its a 4-2-5...we can run on this all day...just have to get to the second level".   But i am telling you, we aren't GP.  This Defense is going to swarm to the ball, and its EXTREMELY unlikely that they will be able to stick to a 64-36 Run-Pass split and hang 48 on us.

They very may well win, but i just don't see a blowout happening hoss.

I know where we are as a team, and know that we won't get respect in this region.   If we beat Friendswood, we will be favored to lose..  Hey, im cool with it.  Just trying to understand the total lack of knowledge being "served" here in regards to the Wildcats.
[/quote]Most of our INT's this year have been accurate passes to the reciever.  It bounces off their hands or chest and bounces in the air and it is picked off.  If our recievers are catching passes, Humble may be in trouble.  Our young gun QB have been pretty solid this year in passing with accuracy.
[/quote]

Seeing as that your QB is averaging 50% of his passes i am inclined to believe that his receivers are either unsure handed, or he isn't all that accurate.  Again, i can only look at numbers...because i have not seen them.  I am basing this purely on paper stats, which i understand is not reliable....But its all i got.

But rest assured, that if  your receivers happen to tip the ball up...its as good as intercepted with this group of DB's.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's accurate, Its our Recivers that Dont catch alot of them...But sometimes you do have thoes Sophmore Mistakes..But dont let the numbers fool you..The Passing game is better then the numbers...

As far as I heard Humble is the Favorite here..So we will have our work cut out for us..Our Defense for the pass 2 years, other than the F-Wood game last year, plays their best Ball in the playoffs So I expect to see two good D's out their this week...GL to the wildcats..Cant wait for Friday

Humble has played a week schedule. There in fact is the reason I look to see a Central win. Humble has played teams with a combined win loss record of 50 wins and 66 losses. They scored the bulk of their season points (251) on 6 teams with a combined win total of 13 wins and 47 losses. Which in fact also makes it easier to stop them on defense. However I will give credit to their defense. Although their stats are padded from playing a softer schedule they do have pretty good defensive numbers. Now I give the edge to Central. The first prediction I put up was all in fun this one is for real Central 35 Humble 28.  Thats my final offer.

[quote name="HUM398" post="908572" timestamp="1289745975"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76020.msg908508#msg908508 date=1289718922]
CENT is going to smash HUM and make them like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Right BMSOULJA... Just ask Smoking Baby real football is played EAST of the trinty :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

BRONX.....you should come watch the game, and see how real defense is played.   
[/quote]
Might have to my boys sure didnt show much last night. So I will go watch the game and every time CENT is on D I will pay extra speacial attention so I can see how  real defense is played ;)

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="908653" timestamp="1289751174"]
Humble has played a week schedule. There in fact is the reason I look to see a Central win. Humble has played teams with a combined win loss record of 50 wins and 66 losses. They scored the bulk of their season points (251) on 6 teams with a combined win total of 13 wins and 47 losses. Which in fact also makes it easier to stop them on defense. However I will give credit to their defense. Although their stats are padded from playing a softer schedule they do have pretty good defensive numbers. Now I give the edge to Central. The first prediction I put up was all in fun this one is for real Central 35 Humble 28.  Thats my final offer.
[/quote]
WOW, This made me look at Humble's record at [url=http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?mkt=&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=101&SchoolID=&Season=2010&DistrictID=&SearchDate=11%2F14%2F10&SearchDateEnd=11%2F14%2F10&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=&SearchType=Teams]Chron.com[/url] and I see 3 common opponents with WB that WB all beat.  I wouldn't necessarily call that a weak schedule.  Based on these stats, Humble looks better on paper but I wouldn't count the Jags out as they're just now getting their A game.  Whichever team wants it more will win it but I'm pulling for the JAGS on this one.

[quote name="NDN79" post="908623" timestamp="1289749017"]
Easy fwstangs--I do not get on here and brag or bash others. I think it's great that people get excited over their teams and are passionate about them. I do not, and will not make disrespectful, or class-less personal attacks on anyone. I think this should all be just in fun. If you have taken offense, then please accept my most humble apologies. But I must pull for the Central Jaguars because they are the 20-4a champs and will represent southeast Texas in D-2. I do hope that if Central meets you--they beat you, and proceed through to the state game!! :)
[/quote]

That is the way to do it, cheer for your team your district and your region. I have always posted that without relent. I am still trying to figure out how on a post about Humble vs Central any one, including you NDN79, would bring Friendswood into it? Geez - apologies accepted, but you need to think about what you are posting, including the see a little nudge comment. Good luck to all, how about 24-4a sweeping in the first round. Have not had a chance to look how did 19-4a and 20-4a do?

My bad Soulja!! Central is definitely a great represenative of 20-4A in D-1. I should proof before I post!

fwstangs: the reference to Friendswood was originally started by another poster--all in the spirit of competitive board fun I'm sure. Afterall, these boards are only meant to be a soothing distraction from our otherwise busy, and hectic lives. Relax and enjoy!!

[quote name="NDN79" post="908745" timestamp="1289756372"]
[b]My bad Soulja!! Central is definitely a great represenative of 20-4A in D-1. I should proof before I post![/b]

fwstangs: the reference to Friendswood was originally started by another poster--all in the spirit of competitive board fun I'm sure. Afterall, these boards are only meant to be a soothing distraction from our otherwise busy, and hectic lives. Relax and enjoy!!
[/quote]You good.  8) 8)

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="908711" timestamp="1289754449"]
I predict that Soulja and HUM398 will set a record for number of posts before this game takes place.  I also predict that HUM398 will frustrate every central poster.
[/quote]

Seriously? Man supports his team just many do on here and he a open minded fan. No way Central will blow Humble out. As he said they are not GP................

[quote name="beechnut" post="908836" timestamp="1289763389"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=76020.msg908711#msg908711 date=1289754449]
I predict that Soulja and HUM398 will set a record for number of posts before this game takes place.  I also predict that HUM398 will frustrate every central poster.
[/quote]

Seriously? Man supports his team just many do on here and he a open minded fan. No way Central will blow Humble out. As he said they are not GP................
[/quote]

I never think we'll blow out anyone, no matter who the opponent..Ecspeicly not in the playoffs..Beside Central is the underdog in this game..

[quote name="D3zii" post="908642" timestamp="1289750690"]
He's accurate, Its our Recivers that Dont catch alot of them...But sometimes you do have thoes Sophmore Mistakes..But dont let the numbers fool you..The Passing game is better then the numbers...

As far as I heard Humble is the Favorite here..So we will have our work cut out for us..Our Defense for the pass 2 years, other than the F-Wood game last year, plays their best Ball in the playoffs So I expect to see two good D's out their this week...GL to the wildcats..Cant wait for Friday
[/quote]

Im not fooled by anything, i am just going by what i can being that i haven't seen the Jags play this season.  I believe that they are better then the numbers, because we are better then our apparently padded defensive stats.

I respect the Jags, and their traditions.  Everything points to a good game. So look forward to it.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="908653" timestamp="1289751174"]
[/quote]

Hey, we could only play who is on the schedule.  The weakness of it is not our fault.  We beat teams we should of beat, and beat them the way we were expected to.  I realize convincing you that we are better then you think would be an utter waste of time, so i won't.  Ill just say that if you have an opportunity to come out and support the Jags or Wildcats..do so, i don't think you'll disappointed with the product you see on the field.

and another thing...We played a pretty solid Stratford team that averaged 210 yards a game on the ground...and held them to 50.  Just saying.  Neither Brenham, Friendswood, or Montgomery did that.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="908711" timestamp="1289754449"]
[/quote]

Why would i frustrate Central fans?

So far, they have seemed to be good people.

[quote name="HUM398" post="908893" timestamp="1289769151"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=76020.msg908711#msg908711 date=1289754449]
[/quote]

[/quote]

A week of hearing about Humble's superiority in every phase of the game should do the trick.  Not saying that you don't fit on the board, only that a week of your tenacious posting will give Humble a win in the battle of the boards.  This will be frustrating for the Central fans on this board.  Just sayin'

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="908908" timestamp="1289769683"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76020.msg908893#msg908893 date=1289769151]
[/quote]

[/quote]

??? Whats the difference between him  posting and you? Just saying................ Get read dude.

A week of hearing about Humble's superiority in every phase of the game should do the trick.  Not saying that you don't fit on the board, only that a week of your tenacious posting will give Humble a win in the battle of the boards.  This will be frustrating for the Central fans on this board.  Just sayin'
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we aren't superior in every phase.  We are not equally as good on offense as we are on defense, otherwise we would of blown out Stratford.  Our Offense is efficient, with the capability of busting the big play.  We are far from explosive on offense. 

as for me spouting off how superior we are?  When did i ever do that?  I haven't predicted a win or lose, because i don't know what Central looks like....i have nothing to base anything on except stats...and we all know that stats don't measure the size of a teams heart and will.

im confident that my boys have as good as a shot as any...and that is where it ends.  If thats a "We're superior in every phase" mentality...then i guess i have some communication skills to work on.

[quote name="HUM398" post="908969" timestamp="1289771977"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=76020.msg908908#msg908908 date=1289769683]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we aren't superior in every phase.  We are not equally as good on offense as we are on defense, otherwise we would of blown out Stratford.   Our Offense is efficient, with the capability of busting the big play.  We are far from explosive on offense. 

as for me spouting off how superior we are?  When did i ever do that?   I haven't predicted a win or lose, because i don't know what Central looks like....i have nothing to base anything on except stats...and we all know that stats don't measure the size of a teams heart and will.

im confident that my boys have as good as a shot as any...and that is where it ends.  If thats a "We're superior in every phase" mentality...then i guess i have some communication skills to work on.
[/quote]

Don't apologize.  Never said you were spouting off, only that you would end up frustrating some Central posters. No offense intended.

Beechnut...No difference at all.  Not dogging the guy. I just think Humble is overrated, however, they can prove me wrong with two or three more wins.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="909008" timestamp="1289774245"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76020.msg908969#msg908969 date=1289771977]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=76020.msg908908#msg908908 date=1289769683]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we aren't superior in every phase.  We are not equally as good on offense as we are on defense, otherwise we would of blown out Stratford.   Our Offense is efficient, with the capability of busting the big play.  We are far from explosive on offense. 

as for me spouting off how superior we are?  When did i ever do that?   I haven't predicted a win or lose, because i don't know what Central looks like....i have nothing to base anything on except stats...and we all know that stats don't measure the size of a teams heart and will.

[/quote]

Don't apologize.  Never said you were spouting off, only that you would end up frustrating some Central posters. No offense intended.

Beechnut...No difference at all.  Not dogging the guy. [b]I just think Humble is overrated, however, they can prove me wrong with two or three more wins.[/b]
[/quote]

finally the truth. hahahaha

serious question?  Who rated us?

to my knowledge we have been pretty much ignored by all major medias.  Outside of the Chron ranking us 5th in the region...i can't think of another media source that is pegging us to be Title contenders.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]What are you talking about?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476