Lamar vs. Ga. State Updates...23-17 LU Falls/Comments

[quote name="UNLV" post="899437" timestamp="1289073329"]
LU goes up then goes into the we quit mode.
[/quote]

I don't think I would call it quit mode. Granted, I'm only listening in, but it just sounds like they're tired. Poor conditioning maybe, but it definitely doesn't sound like they've quit.

Prewitt played a nice game for his first start in college, on the road, in a professional stadium like the Georgia Dome.

I only remember two plays that were bad decisions IMO with one being the interception he threw. I think as a fresham his play deserves another start next week versus South Dakota. I think he really matured as the game went along.

Defense played good enough to win but the special teams are killing us. A blocked punt, missed FG within 40 yards and a pooch kick that was miss handled by a Lamar player and should have been a turnover. We got a lucky break there.

Offensively, we have played 9 games and we've yet to make a rushing TD. We had 84 yards rushing on 29 attempts and averaged less than 3.0 yards per carry. Then we fumbled at least three times but were lucky enough to recovery them. Especially, the Logan fumble inside our own 20 yard line.

[quote name="bigred360" post="899535" timestamp="1289078422"]
Prewitt played a nice game for his first start in college, on the road, in a professional stadium like the Georgia Dome.

I only remember two plays that were bad decisions IMO with one being the interception he threw. I think as a fresham his play deserves another start next week versus South Dakota. I think he really matured as the game went along.

Defense played good enough to win but the special teams are killing us. A blocked punt, missed FG within 40 yards and a pooch kick that was miss handled by a Lamar player and should have been a turnover. We got a lucky break there.

Offensively, we have played 9 games and we've yet to make a rushing TD. We had 84 yards rushing on 29 attempts and averaged less than 3.0 yards per carry. Then we fumbled at least three times but were lucky enough to recovery them. Especially, the Logan fumble inside our own 20 yard line.
[/quote]well i sure hope Woodard gives him the start, if not it would be a joke.

Well, ole Whitten may have a say in it. But, you are right it comes down to the Head Coach on which player to start. IMO, Prewitt deserves the start with his play but some coaches don't give away a starter's job due to injury.

It would be a mistake not to start Prewitt. He has more upside to him as a freshman than Bevil does as a red-shirt junior and 7 /2 games under his belt. He was knocked out of the SFA game and didn't play today. So, he has only played in 7 1/2 games but I've seen enough interceptions and fumbles by him to last me a lifetime.  ;)

[quote name="bigred360" post="899600" timestamp="1289080407"]
Well, ole Whitten may have a say in it. But, you are right it comes down to the Head Coach on which player to start. IMO, Prewitt deserves the start with his play but some coaches don't give away a starter's job due to injury.

It would be a mistake not to start Prewitt. He has more upside to him as a freshman than Bevil does as a red-shirt junior and 7 /2 games under his belt. He was knocked out of the SFA game and didn't play today. So, he has only played in 7 1/2 games but I've seen enough interceptions and fumbles by him to last me a lifetime.  ;)

[/quote]

did prewitt have any fumbles?  It was nice to see our defense score.  The special teams are a big weakness right now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder