LCM @ Nederland / Predictions

Com'on Knoddy, I've read the posts this year. Some, but not all were calling your coaches out early in the season after 2 or 3 loses.

Larry as you call Him is a good coach, no dispute. Crouch is also a very good coach in only his second year as HC, but you can't ignore his many years of sucess at WOS.

Neither coach's history is going to mean much Friday night. Should be a great battle but I'll have to go with LCM in a close one.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knoddy, I have been around to many high school fans, people would call for good ole Larry's head if he had a couple of bad seasons in a row. Don't think bulldog fans are any different!! Heck some people are calling for good ole Mack Browns head after 10 years of 10 victories a season! ;D If the bulldog program went south for a couple of seasons the bulldog fans would still love Larry, but they would make sure they loved him as an Asst. Principal at a Nederland junior high! ;D

No one has stopped LCM's O yet and LCM's defense has not stopped a good O yet.Nederland will have to put a lot of points on the board to win this one.Have not been keeping up with Ned this year so I don't know how their O is doing but I know LCM is never out of a game with their O.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="893478" timestamp="1288615886"]
No one has stopped LCM's O yet and LCM's defense has not stopped a good O yet.Nederland will have to put a lot of points on the board to win this one.Have not been keeping up with Ned this year so I don't know how their O is doing but I know LCM is never out of a game with their O.
[/quote]Stopped LCM's O ? lets see didn't Central and PNG beat Da Bears ? Ummm Yep they did. So I would say that obviously 2 teams have stopped LCM's O this season. Just had to put it all in check. I am pulling for the Bears in this game. I think LCM does have a very potent O, I give that advantage to the bears in this one, D is a push on both sides of the ball.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="893482" timestamp="1288616445"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=75236.msg893478#msg893478 date=1288615886]
[/quote]Stopped LCM's O ? [b]lets see didn't Central and PNG beat Da Bears[/b] ? Ummm Yep they did. So I would say that obviously 2 teams have stopped LCM's O this season. Just had to put it all in check. I am pulling for the Bears in this game. I think LCM does have a very potent O, I give that advantage to the bears in this one, D is a push on both sides of the ball.
[/quote]

well... png did give up 34 pts. They may have stopped them enough...

LCM fears the loss to Nederland this Friday night....it's so obvious in the LCM fans posts on here.  Nederland did get off to a rough start, but there is no denying that the Bulldogs have found their focus and determination for a playoff birth.  LCM has to play us on our turf this Friday night and it's gonna be the game of the week.  Make no mistake about it, Dogs are hungry and playoff bound.  I saw someone posted that the LCM QB has a high ankle sprain and a hurt knee.  Hurt QB or not, excuses are not gonna win the game Friday night against us.  Sounds like more fear if you ask me.  I wish the best of luck to both teams and hopefully neither team will suffer any injuries.  Dogs seal the deal with a win here and playoff preparations start Saturday morning.

[b][/quote]Stopped LCM's O ? lets see didn't Central and PNG beat Da Bears ? Ummm Yep they did. So I would say that obviously 2 teams have stopped LCM's O this season. Just had to put it all in check. I am pulling for the Bears in this game. I think LCM does have a very potent O, I give that advantage to the bears in this one, D is a push on both sides of the ball. [/b] [/quote]

png66
[b]averaging almost 450 yds and 32 pts in games against central and png..... hardly what I would call the offense stopped[/b]

Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville Port Neches-Groves
Total yards              447                469
First downs                16            22
Rushes/Yds 2              6/157                    35/238
Average rush              6.04                        6.8
Comp/Atts                  18/41/1                            21/28/1
Pass yards                  290            231
Comp pct                  43.9                                75
Punts 4 3
Punting Yards 136 101
Punting Average 34 33.67
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 0/0
Penalties-yards 5-35 7-63

Team Stats
Beaumont Central Orange              Little Cypress-Mauriceville
Total yards          474                      448
First downs            15                                    26
Rushes/Yds            30/313            30/100
Average rush            10.43                          3.33
Comp/Atts          9/16/1                                22/39/1
Pass yards          161                                348
Comp pct 56.25                                        56.41
Punts 3 1
Punting Yards 117 58
Punting Average 39 58
Fumbles/Lost 1/0 0/0
Penalties-yards 7-65

[quote name="thetobster" post="893620" timestamp="1288626566"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=75236.msg893482#msg893482 date=1288616445]
[b][/quote]Stopped LCM's O ? lets see didn't Central and PNG beat Da Bears ? Ummm Yep they did. So I would say that obviously 2 teams have stopped LCM's O this season. Just had to put it all in check. I am pulling for the Bears in this game. I think LCM does have a very potent O, I give that advantage to the bears in this one, D is a push on both sides of the ball. [/b] [/quote]

png66
[b]averaging almost 450 yds and 32 pts in games against central and png..... hardly what I would call the offense stopped[/b]

LCM              PNG
Total yards              447              469
First downs              16               22
Rushes/Yds              26/157         35/238
Average rush            6.04            6.8
Comp/Atts               18/41/1        21/28/1
Pass yards               290             231
Comp pct                43.9              75
Punts                     4                   3
Punting Yards          136               101
Punting Average       34               33.67
Fumbles/Lost           0/0               0/0
Penalties-yards        5-35             7-63

Team Stats
                      Central                  LCM
Total yards         474                       448
First downs         15                        26
Rushes/Yds         30/313                 30/100
Average rush       10.43                   3.33
Comp/Atts           9/16/1                 22/39/1
Pass yards           161                     348
Comp pct             56.25                  56.41
Punts                  3                        1
Punting Yards       117                     58
Punting Average    39                      58
Fumbles/Lost        1/0                     0/0
Penalties-yards     7-65

[/quote]

[quote name="Wise Guy" post="893635" timestamp="1288627513"]
Just out of curiosity, when was the last time LCM beat Nederland?

Also, I think it was mentioned in an earlier post, what happened the last time LCM played Nederland for a playoff spot?

Just curious
[/quote]

The year was 1942 and I believe Nederland won. An oldtimer told me Nederland's win was attributed to the new leather helmets they had just recieved.

[/quote]Stopped LCM's O ? lets see didn't Central and PNG beat Da Bears ? Ummm Yep they did. [b]So I would say that obviously 2 teams have stopped [/b] [b]LCM's O this season.[/b] Just had to put it all in check. I am pulling for the Bears in this game. I think LCM does have a very potent O, I give that advantage to the bears in this one, D is a push on both sides of the ball.
[/quote]

No they didn't.Didn't say they could not be beat.Point was that they put a lot of points on the board and you have to score a lot if your going to beat LCM.

I agree that LCM's offense is going to get their yards and points. ned is not going to shut down LCM's offense. ned will score on LCM's defense. it will probably come down to a key turnover or drive killing penalty to decide the game. For all you ned fans pointing to the past, that has NOTHING to do with this season. LCM is a very talented and well-coached team, that never quits. I am sure people were talking about how ned always beat Lumberton in the past a couple of years ago and got slapped by Lumberton. I'm not saying that will happen, i have gotten out of the business of predicting games in 20-4A this year! But don't expect LCM to roll over just because ya'll are nederland.

I must have missed the LC-M fans talking about being afraid this Friday night, it's just another ball game. If Ned wins, then Ned wins...If the Bears win, we are play-off bound. Hey the worst LC-M can do this year is 7-3, I'll take a season like this anytime. The fans at LC-M are proud of the football team this year, and not just because of their record. These are good young men who never quit, and will fight to the very end. Nederland fans know what I'm talking about, the Dogs always give it their all. No, we are not afraid of Nederland, but we do respect them, they have a rich and long tradition as being winners. With all that being said, I think this game is going to be too close to call. Good luck to both sides, and no injuries!!

Well said LB76 and NDNSROCK44!!  These kids from LCM fear no one you can see that in the way they keep coming back when they are down. And I know the same can be said about the Ned kids. There will be a winner and a team that loses Fri. night but fear won't play a part in it for either team!!

If either team is afraid of the other, they shouldn't even take the field. How ridiculous to insenuate that anyone is afraid. Nederland has been in several nail-biters this season, losing a couple and winning the last one. I expect this game to be about the same. I will be there pulling for my Dogs. Good luck to both team. Don't be afraid now, ya hear?  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder