19-4A predictions 2010-2011

Who do you think wins the district this year?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins the district this year?

• GCM
    • Dayton
    • Lee
    • BH
    • Crosby

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BH1998" post="918503" timestamp="1290660944"]

I did not know GCM had that many starters coming back.  They have pretty much what BH has returning. But BH will not have that HR power GCM will have with Jacobs.   I think it is going to be a lot tougher district this year.  I just wonder how much Crosby lost, I know they got Gabby, but other than that I wonder what is coming back.   Dayton may be the dark horse as well, they were very young last year, but they beat us in that 33 hit combined game and did have a little surge at the end.  Of course we split with everyone in dist. other than NF we were 2-0 and KWP we went 0-2.
[/quote]Crosby returns 5 starters, including 3 pitchers, 4 all-districts and 3 of the JV kids from last year were playing some of the varsity games at the end of last year. They should be salty this year.

[quote name="barbershillfootball" post="922726" timestamp="1291134212"]
[quote author=underrated2010 link=topic=75030.msg918532#msg918532 date=1290672941]
Wow, WhatHappened? really needs to just shut his mouth. Its one thing to be a fan of BH baseball or a fan of any school but come on! Youre naming out a lineup that has kids that havent played in years. You're putting kids in positions that theyve nevered played and you're acting like BH is some jugernaut that no one can touch. I give you credit for showing enthusiam for BH baseball but you're going a little too far and you can do all the apologizing you want but you dont put kids names up here and bash them. And you did bash him so stop saying it will give him motivation. Anyways he was one of the more consistent players on the team last year as a sophomore. I am a BH fan in all sports and once again DONT STOP BEING ENTHUSIASTIC toward BH baseball, just tone it down a bit is all im sayin.
[/quote]

I'm just glad someone finally said it!  I was wondering where/who some of the names were coming from on WhatHappened?'s list and then to have some of those names in place of starters from last season was REALLY amusing.  BH had a lot of Sophomores in the starting line-up last year and I'm pretty sure they will all be in the starting line-up again this season. 
[/quote]

Your very welcome, somebody had to say something this guy was getting way out of hand

[quote name="underrated2010" post="922962" timestamp="1291155669"]
[quote author=barbershillfootball link=topic=75030.msg922726#msg922726 date=1291134212]
[quote author=underrated2010 link=topic=75030.msg918532#msg918532 date=1290672941]
Wow, WhatHappened? really needs to just shut his mouth. Its one thing to be a fan of BH baseball or a fan of any school but come on! Youre naming out a lineup that has kids that havent played in years. You're putting kids in positions that theyve nevered played and you're acting like BH is some jugernaut that no one can touch. I give you credit for showing enthusiam for BH baseball but you're going a little too far and you can do all the apologizing you want but you dont put kids names up here and bash them. And you did bash him so stop saying it will give him motivation. Anyways he was one of the more consistent players on the team last year as a sophomore. I am a BH fan in all sports and once again DONT STOP BEING ENTHUSIASTIC toward BH baseball, just tone it down a bit is all im sayin.
[/quote]

I'm just glad someone finally said it!  I was wondering where/who some of the names were coming from on WhatHappened?'s list and then to have some of those names in place of starters from last season was REALLY amusing.  BH had a lot of Sophomores in the starting line-up last year and I'm pretty sure they will all be in the starting line-up again this season.  
[/quote]

Your very welcome, somebody had to say something this guy was getting way out of hand
[/quote]

YES, THANK YOU! its one thing to talk about the game but to slam kids by name thats crazy.

[quote name="barbershillfootball" post="923011" timestamp="1291158662"]
The returning starters for Barbers Hill are

Santana, Asbury, Long, Newcomb, Leggett, Bonin and Thompson.
[/quote]
Dont forget the jult of the team Matt King. After the Dayton extra inning loss Bh was down and didnt want to play. Matt came in and rolled the ball and hit over .700. important starter

BH is going to have 8 starters back, both #1 and #2 pitchers and one with quality varsity experience on the mound.  Several players will be possibly returning (pending tryouts) who choose not to play in the past.  There will also be several quality JV players fighting for spots in the field and on the mound.  What a healthy situation for a program. 
Now: whathappened?  You say you are a BH supporter but your posts are nothing but divisive, detrimental and mean spirited.  It you don't have anything positive to say please don't participate.  Are you part of the problem OR part of the solution?  Due to your post – I say part of the problem.

before you jump to conclusions on these last 2 pages look at the whole board and read it all. I had nothing but good things to say until people criticized my OPINION and it was a legitimate roster with good players. Just obviously not the one that everyone wants to hear or see. Got news, Stalbaulm is gone and it is a new program. The better kids will play no matter what age. It will be a good season

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="923627" timestamp="1291230887"]
before you jump to conclusions on these last 2 pages look at the whole board and read it all. I had nothing but good things to say until people criticized my OPINION and it was a legitimate roster with good players. Just obviously not the one that everyone wants to hear or see. Got news, Stalbaulm is gone and it is a new program. The better kids will play no matter what age. It will be a good season
[/quote]

REALITY CHECK ..... The better kids aren't the one's who play, it's the BEST kids that will play.  As for the jab at Stalbaum

1)  He had more Sophomores on the team than Juniors and/or Seniors, so that shuts down your comment "no matter what age"

2)  I'm pretty sure that Coach Stalbaum's Success was in large part due to the players [u]he chose [/u] to be on all of the Varsity teams over the years.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="barbershillfootball" post="923661" timestamp="1291233014"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=75030.msg923627#msg923627 date=1291230887]
[/quote]

REALITY CHECK ..... The better kids aren't the one's who play, it's the BEST kids that will play.  As for the jab at Stalbaum

1)  He had more Sophomores on the team than Juniors and/or Seniors, so that shuts down your comment "no matter what age"

2)  I'm pretty sure that Coach Stalbaum's Success was in large part due to the players [u]he chose [/u] to be on all of the Varsity teams over the years.
[/quote]

Please do not bring actual FACTS into this conversation. It is much more interesting to read whathappened?'s professional opinions.

[quote name="Who'sYourPatty?" post="923680" timestamp="1291234966"]
[quote author=barbershillfootball link=topic=75030.msg923661#msg923661 date=1291233014]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=75030.msg923627#msg923627 date=1291230887]
[/quote]

REALITY CHECK ..... The better kids aren't the one's who play, it's the BEST kids that will play.  As for the jab at Stalbaum

1)  He had more Sophomores on the team than Juniors and/or Seniors, so that shuts down your comment "no matter what age"

2)  I'm pretty sure that Coach Stalbaum's Success was in large part due to the players [u]he chose [/u] to be on all of the Varsity teams over the years.
[/quote]

Please do not bring actual FACTS into this conversation. It is much more interesting to read whathappened?'s professional opinions.
[/quote]Wow you guys got me confused I am going back to the 20-4a forum  But I did vote for your Pats CAUSE I like the way the Price kid plays the game  ;)

Guest Ranger83
Witness protection.

Seely is mid to upper 80's. What makes him effective is a ++ breaking ball.

19-4A will have its fair share of front line starting pitching.

Really about Seely? I had someone very close to the RSS program tell me he was hitting 94/95 in their game last year...I assumed he was always around 90-92 and when really amped into the mid 90's. If he really is only in the mid to upper 80's then that is a big difference. Last I heard too he was expected to sign with LSU?

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="joebob" post="927450" timestamp="1291654448"]
Really about Seely? I had someone very close to the RSS program tell me he was hitting 94/95 in their game last year...I assumed he was always around 90-92 and when really amped into the mid 90's. If he really is only in the mid to upper 80's then that is a big difference. Last I heard too he was expected to sign with LSU?
[/quote]

He has yet to sign with anyone.
In Jupiter this October he was clocked at 89.

Louisiana State's HS Recruits
Class of 2011

Name                Pos Ht Wt B T High School Hometown St
 Carson Baranik RHP 6-3 205 R R Parkway Bossier City LA
 Jake Cave LHP 6-1 180 L L Kecoughtan Hampton VA
 Johnny Eierman SS 6-1 195 R R Warsaw Warsaw MO
 Cody Glenn LHP 6-4 185 L L Westbury Christian Houston TX
 Aaron Johnson LHP 6-0 180 L L Dunham Baton Rouge LA
 Terrence Magee OF 5-9 190   Franklinton Franklinton LA
 Tyler Moore C 6-2 190 L R The Dunham School Baton Rouge LA
 Aaron Nola RHP 6-2 170 R R Catholic Baton Rouge LA
 Evan Powell C 5-10 190 R R Sam Houston Lake Charles LA
 Chris Sciambra OF 5-10 170 L R Catholic High (BR) Baton Rouge LA
 Trevor Story SS 6-0 170 R R Irving Irving TX
 Braden Strickland RHP 6-2 185 R R Eustace Gun Barrel City TX

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="hitman009" post="888856" timestamp="1288199469"]
my vote is for crosby.... Gabby returning.... undfeated in district last year...only loss was to brenham which were 4A state champs.... with another off season... just too much... he will pitch in every hard district game....with their relief back as well... will be tough to beat...
[/quote]

last time i checked crosby got beat by ce king,barbers hill and got shutout by [size=18pt]GALENA PARK[/size]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="ace13" post="942792" timestamp="1294248828"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=75030.msg888856#msg888856 date=1288199469]
my vote is for crosby.... Gabby returning.... undfeated in district last year...only loss was to brenham which were 4A state champs.... with another off season... just too much... he will pitch in every hard district game....with their relief back as well... will be tough to beat...
[/quote]

last time i checked crosby got beat by ce king,barbers hill and got shutout by [size=18pt]GALENA PARK[/size]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]last time i checked crosby beat barbers hill twice, ce king twice and split with galena park. they finished 2nd in district and kingwood parks only losses in district were to CROSBY. which they swept them.. and was the only team out of 19-4A to advance to area..... and by the way... those losses happened when Gabby did NOT pitch.  the way the schedule is this year... gabby might pitch in every big game..
Gabbys record last year 10-1... only loss was to brenham which won state....

[quote name="hitman009" post="942819" timestamp="1294250826"]
[quote author=ace13 link=topic=75030.msg942792#msg942792 date=1294248828]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=75030.msg888856#msg888856 date=1288199469]
[/quote]

[/quote]last time i checked crosby beat barbers hill twice, ce king twice and split with galena park. they finished 2nd in district and kingwood parks only losses in district were to CROSBY. which they swept them.. and was the only team out of 19-4A to advance to area..... and by the way... those losses happened when Gabby did NOT pitch.   the way the schedule is this year... gabby might pitch in every big game..
Gabbys record last year 10-1... only loss was to brenham which won state....
[/quote]
last time i checked crosby split with barbers hill and ce king  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder