*WO-S vs. BC Updates 6PM..28-0 WO-S Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kicker" post="885995" timestamp="1287891321"]
[quote author=Cardinal Supporter link=topic=74958.msg885987#msg885987 date=1287891119]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=74958.msg885966#msg885966 date=1287890571]
[quote author=Cardinal Supporter link=topic=74958.msg885941#msg885941 date=1287889918]
The officiating was not bad tonight. A few blown calls, probably on both teams, but that always happens. I do have one question. I thought that defensive holding was an automatic first down. On one particular play BC threw an incomplete pass. I think the down was either 2nd or 3rd and 11 yards were needed for a first down. The refs called a densive holding. They penalized WOS 10 yards and the down remained the same and the yardage needed for a first was 1 yard. I thought it should have been first and ten after the 10 yard penalty. The BC coaches did not complain about the call so it must have been right. Just wondering.
[/quote]  the ball was 1, yard behind the line of scrimmage when the call ( horrible call) was made, hence it not being a first down.10 yards plus negative original yardage does not equal a first down. By the way, both of the defensive holding calls were horrible. Wos would pick the ball off, and all of a sudden, a penalty. I can understand charity, but really?? And yes, the officiating was terrible.
[/quote]

I did not think it mattered where the defensive holding was called. I thought defensive holding was an automatic first down. But I guess not.
[/quote]  not totally sure, but I think defensive holding is different from pass interference. Interference is auto first down. Holding is ten I think. We should ask someone who knows. Lol.
[/quote]

I may be wrong but I believe in HS it is just a 10 yd. penalty, no auto 1st down.

In the NFL it is a 5 yd. penalty and auto first down. 

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="886047" timestamp="1287893514"]
[quote author=Cowboys8 link=topic=74958.msg885834#msg885834 date=1287885025]
Big deal y'all won a football wheres it going to get y'all in life no were
[/quote]

Cowboy8....You can't form a complete sentence, yet you expect this to be an insult?  There are plenty of WOS grads that have used football as their way to get to college.  There are also many that have done well just through academics and furthermore, I would guess that most have done better than yourself.  Like others have said before....my WOS education has served me and numerous others well!!
[/quote]

BC fans received a WOS education tonight as reality was hand delivered, courtesy of Sir Dan Hooks and his followers.  It's okay to "hope" to do things against a proven team, but don't "expect" it.  The days leading up to tonight's annual thumping made BC smack talkers look silly...again.  Just concentrate on what your team does good, that is, beat teams your size.  You've had a good year, and you'll be a scrappy lil opponent in the playoffs, but none of that equates to beating WOS.     

jeez...
icant believe BC got shut out!
WOW!

i'd love to start naming some of the reasons / excuses that we lost, but the few i came up with wouldn't matter...
BC simply got outplayed!
it's not like BC was making too many mistakes either.... they just weren't getting their job done...

just 1 question though about WOS.
when you're up 21-0. why run a punt fake?
not saying yall were trying to run the score up or anything like that so if you think that then just dont reply... im just asking a simple question...

Great job WOS.

Good luck with the rest of the season and playoffs!

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="886098" timestamp="1287902704"]
jeez...
icant believe BC got shut out!
WOW!

i'd love to start naming some of the reasons / excuses that we lost, but the few i came up with wouldn't matter...
BC simply got outplayed!
it's not like BC was making too many mistakes either.... they just weren't getting their job done...

just 1 question though about WOS.
when you're up 21-0. why run a punt fake?
not saying yall were trying to run the score up or anything like that so if you think that then just dont reply... im just asking a simple question...

Great job WOS.

Good luck with the rest of the season and playoffs!
[/quote]

The fake punt was just an attempt to keep the ball so that they could just run out the clock.  I don't think the coaches thought that Roberts would get as much yardage as he did.  I think the same thinking was in place on the touchdown pass which was simply a bubble screen in which Roberts broke a couple of tackles.  If Coach Hooks and Coach Foreman has their druthers, they would have just hung on to the ball and ran the clock out.

[quote name="Homer" post="886074" timestamp="1287896366"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=74958.msg885995#msg885995 date=1287891321]
[quote author=Cardinal Supporter link=topic=74958.msg885987#msg885987 date=1287891119]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=74958.msg885966#msg885966 date=1287890571]
[quote author=Cardinal Supporter link=topic=74958.msg885941#msg885941 date=1287889918]
The officiating was not bad tonight. A few blown calls, probably on both teams, but that always happens. I do have one question. I thought that defensive holding was an automatic first down. On one particular play BC threw an incomplete pass. I think the down was either 2nd or 3rd and 11 yards were needed for a first down. The refs called a densive holding. They penalized WOS 10 yards and the down remained the same and the yardage needed for a first was 1 yard. I thought it should have been first and ten after the 10 yard penalty. The BC coaches did not complain about the call so it must have been right. Just wondering.
[/quote]  the ball was 1, yard behind the line of scrimmage when the call ( horrible call) was made, hence it not being a first down.10 yards plus negative original yardage does not equal a first down. By the way, both of the defensive holding calls were horrible. Wos would pick the ball off, and all of a sudden, a penalty. I can understand charity, but really?? And yes, the officiating was terrible.
[/quote]

I did not think it mattered where the defensive holding was called. I thought defensive holding was an automatic first down. But I guess not.
[/quote]  not totally sure, but I think defensive holding is different from pass interference. Interference is auto first down. Holding is ten I think. We should ask someone who knows. Lol.
[/quote]

I may be wrong but I believe in HS it is just a 10 yd. penalty, no auto 1st down.

In the NFL it is a 5 yd. penalty and auto first down. 
[/quote]

Defensive Holding is an automatic 1st down.......  They messed it up but it didn't matter on that play!

This game was just like every other game these two teams have played. BC is beat as soon as they walk on the field. Sure you think you can do it, but as soon as starts it realy over. BC o-line is way  to slow for any team with the speed that the chain-gang brings. I watched the game on TV and got to see the replays on every play. BC o-line was manhandled all night. You can't build your team around one or two players and think you can beat a team like WO-S. If you look back to the 96 I think that team for BC came cloest to beating WO-S, with three good running back an a QB that could run. BC came in to the game with one thing in mind and that was to come out of this game without anyone getting to banged up. Hey just my take on the game. BC If you want to make the play-offs you better get your heads ups cause Orangefield is comming.

[quote name="PVT Ryan" post="886088" timestamp="1287899228"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=74958.msg886047#msg886047 date=1287893514]
[quote author=Cowboys8 link=topic=74958.msg885834#msg885834 date=1287885025]
Big deal y'all won a football wheres it going to get y'all in life no were
[/quote]

Cowboy8....You can't form a complete sentence, yet you expect this to be an insult?  There are plenty of WOS grads that have used football as their way to get to college.  There are also many that have done well just through academics and furthermore, I would guess that most have done better than yourself.  Like others have said before....my WOS education has served me and numerous others well!!
[/quote]

BC fans received a WOS education tonight as reality was hand delivered, courtesy of Sir Dan Hooks and his followers.  It's okay to "hope" to do things against a proven team, but don't "expect" it.  The days leading up to tonight's annual thumping made BC smack talkers look silly...again.  Just concentrate on what your team does good, that is, beat teams your size.  You've had a good year, and you'll be a scrappy lil opponent in the playoffs, but none of that equates to beating WOS.     
[/quote]

Well said!

[quote name="BCjaybird" post="886129" timestamp="1287920453"]
This game was just like every other game these two teams have played. BC is beat as soon as they walk on the field. Sure you think you can do it, but as soon as starts it realy over. BC o-line is way  to slow for any team with the speed that the chain-gang brings. I watched the game on TV and got to see the replays on every play. BC o-line was manhandled all night. You can't build your team around one or two players and think you can beat a team like WO-S. If you look back to the 96 I think that team for BC came cloest to beating WO-S, with three good running back an a QB that could run. BC came in to the game with one thing in mind and that was to come out of this game without anyone getting to banged up. Hey just my take on the game. BC If you want to make the play-offs you better get your heads ups cause Orangefield is comming.
[/quote]

Good post and you are right, OF is no slouch. BC will have trouble stopping that run game of theirs. Both teams need to step back now and re-focus on what remains ahead.

[quote name="w" post="886033" timestamp="1287892980"]
[quote author=td link=topic=74958.msg885968#msg885968 date=1287890579]
[quote author=Cowboys8 link=topic=74958.msg885825#msg885825 date=1287884555]
Yeah see what happens this year bleed orange. Wos has no discipline yeah they beat us bad but y'all will never win it all cause there no discipline. 
[/quote]

What?
[/quote]

I wanted to ask the same thing!  [b]How in the world can you say WOS has no discipline?[/b]  That is their foundation!
[/quote]I'm not touching this with a 12 foot pole!  :-X :-X

WOS won fair and square, they played an awesome game, the had some VERY classy fans, I was selling programs last night and WOS had some of the nicest fans bar none we've hosted!  Good game WOS, I wish it had turned out differently, but we were outplayed!  Congratulations!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder