Lumberton Football

Puma42

Guest Brubaker
It was Guns n Roses, and it's our home field, we'll play what we want we we enter.  Look, this thread is ridiculous, the Lumberton kids were not being malicious by warming up there, they had nowhere else to go.  Nederland has the field behind the field house where they warm up prior to taking the field for halftime.  This was not intentional, and to continue harping on it is sad.  Lumberton played a gritty ballgame last night, most teams would've folded tent when they got down 21-0, but they were an onsides kick away from having a shot to tie it.  Let's not make what happened Friday about the end of halftime.  Our band handled it very well, they got a little extra love from our fans who cheered that they played through the distraction.... it's over, it's Ozen now and that's it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to try to finish on this note, but I'm sure someone will say something back. Raideroldtimer, I was watching our band preform and I'll say it again. IT WAS A DISTRACTION. That is why I wasn't watching the band towards the end of their performance, because I was amazed at how disrespectful that was. And the was time left on the clock, not much but there was. LTrain, I wasn't there for about the first 3 or 4 minutes of the game, so I can't say anything about that incident. And Brubaker, you are right. Ozen is next on the chopping block, so I wish good luck to the boys next weekend to get the job done and move a game closer to hopefully clinching a playoff spot. Just wanted to get that in there  ;)

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Puma42" post="884807" timestamp="1287808832"]
How classless was that move? Having the football players warm up on the field while the Nederland band was still marching. Disrespectful and disappointing in my opinion. I lost a lot of respect for Lumberton tonight.
[/quote]

Lame 42 get a life.

Oh, I've decided to make one more point that I ignored, but since you guys are referring to us as classless. [b]HOW CLASSLESS WAS IT FOR NEDERLAND TO BALRE THAT D*** SONG WHILE LUMBERTONS' TEAM WAS COMING ON TO THE FIELD AND OUR BAND WAS PLAYING THE FIGHT SONG.[/b] Your idiot pressbox purposely personnel , someone who could very well be a PAID employee, started that song within a few seconds of our band starting to play, are you going to say that was by accident?

Oh, for anyone who thinks that song was purely accidental, here's a previous quote from a nederland fan:

Nederland Dog 2006
Junior

[applaud] [smite]

Re: Lumberton vs Nederland
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »
DOGS win BIIIG Tonight! I wish they would blast [b]For those about to Rock[/b] when we come out tonight. PLAYOFFS START TONIGHT! LETS GET THE JOB DONE DOGS!

There is nothing wrong with Nederland playing music when they take the field..

As for the disrespect, as a former player from Lumberton.. That is the same place every team has warmed up, it's the only place to do so. It have never been a problem before because the band isn't on the field. There is no problem, and no disrespect was intended. If Lumberton getting in the way of your band makes you lose respect for Lumberton as a whole, then that is just sad. Lumberton is very well respected throughout the area.. Getting in the way of the band is nothing to complain about.

[quote name="LTrain" post="885546" timestamp="1287871010"]
[quote author=Puma42 link=topic=74914.msg884807#msg884807 date=1287808832]
How classless was that move? Having the football players warm up on the field while the Nederland band was still marching. Disrespectful and disappointing in my opinion. I lost a lot of respect for Lumberton tonight.
[/quote]Well since you want to talk " disrespectful " how about your announcer Blasting AC/DC on that Enourmous scoreboard as Lumberton's band was playing their School Song while the boy's were taking the field...How about that Fella ?
What really bothers me is that stup train horn!! They should not allow that horn to brought to road games. I rather listen to Guns n roses & AC/DC over whatever song yall were playing..

Bottom line, Lumberton must be miserable all the time. Becasue when you lose, you think you got screwed.
PNG was respectful and congradulated the dogs, Jags fans acknowledge the dogs played well and if they were beaten it was on them. Lumberton EXCUSES, EXCUSES

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="886596" timestamp="1287964758"]
Oh, I've decided to make one more point that I ignored, but since you guys are referring to us as classless. [b]HOW CLASSLESS WAS IT FOR NEDERLAND TO BALRE THAT D*** SONG WHILE LUMBERTONS' TEAM WAS COMING ON TO THE FIELD AND OUR BAND WAS PLAYING THE FIGHT SONG.[/b] Your idiot pressbox purposely personnel , someone who could very well be a PAID employee, started that song within a few seconds of our band starting to play, are you going to say that was by accident?
[/quote]

Who knows and who cares, it is Nederland home field so deal with it when you hit the road. WHA WHA WHA

[quote name="AJ25" post="886696" timestamp="1287973189"]
player 66, when did lumberton make excuses?
[/quote]

Page 5 of the Lumberton vs Nederland thread.

[quote author=NAZERATH link=topic=74878.msg885114#msg885114 date=1287848923]
How much did ya'll pay them REFS.?  I seen 4 pass plays were Ned. defenders had Jersey's stretched out 2 feet ... no call .....stopping Lumberton drives.  But, I guess, you expect that.

[quote name="AJ25" post="886696" timestamp="1287973189"]
player 66, when did lumberton make excuses?
[/quote]
See below.
[quote author=RaiderGirl92 link=topic=74914.msg885120#msg885120 date=1287849099]Pretty sure Lumberton people are not sore losers.
You cant beat the team AND the referees. If they would have called the things on Nederland like all the holding and getting up and pushing Lumberton players down all the time Lumberton would have won.
[/quote]

When we played at Nederland they didn't not play their intro music (Metallicas "for whom the bell tolls"), which I love by the way, because we were playing Cherokee. Nor should they. It's there home field!!!

So should we not play Cherokee because Lumberton might enter the field at the same time and play their fight song? WOW.

[quote name="Sheriff39" post="886719" timestamp="1287974654"]
Why wasn't the referees calling anything?
[/quote]
Some one from Lumberton posted that they were Nuemanns buddies. Actually the refs were from DFW area, just another ridiculous comment from Lumberton sore loser fans!

I love football- and it is a shame that instead of supporting ALL of our kids, we are worried about tearing each other down.  But I would like to make a point...couldn't the football kid's parents make the same claim about the band?  The band leaves the stands with a good amount of time left in the 2nd quarter to go down on to the track and warm up.  I was actually at a game where the drill team was so close to the field that one of our kids accidently ran over her when attempting to catch a pass.  Those kid's parents could claim that their child was distracted by flags flying or music being played...Those Lumberton kids and coaches meant no harm by warming up...they were simply doing the same thing that the band, cheerleaders, twirlers, drill team, and flag core does before their performance...warm up.  My point is not to attack the band, because I don't find them distracting before half-time.  I just wanted to give another point of view and remind some that we need to be supporting all of our kids!