SETXsports.com PLAYOFF CENTRAL - WEEK 10

WOSgrad

A few more teams punched their tickets to the dance last week.  By this time Friday evening, all of the answers will become evident.  But for now, here is what needs to happen.

NOW, let me give this disclaimer.  When I talk about what needs to happen for a team to clinch, I am in no way predicting that the event will occur!  

For the current standings please click this link: http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=70498.0

Here is just a little synopsis of the playoff picture in each of our districts and their respective bi-districts.  Next week, we'll outline as well the potential bi-district battles!

Enjoy!

[b][u]21-5A[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                 North Shore has clinched the DI #1 seed out of #21-5A.  West Brook has clinched the DI #2 seed. LaPorte has clinched the #1 DII seed out of District 21-5A.

[b]Who can clinch next week:[/b]         PA Memorial can clinch the second DII berth with 1) a win over Baytown Sterling next Saturday OR 2) a loss by less than 10 points to Baytown Sterling AND a Channelview loss to North Shore.  Channelview could gain that spot by a win and a PA Memorial loss to Baytown Sterling.  Baytown Sterling can get in the playoffs with a win over PA Memorial by 10 points are more AND a Channelview loss.

[b]Bidistrict Foes:[/b]                         Pasadena Dobie and Deer Park will be the DI representatives out of District 22-5A.  Dobie and Deer Park will play next week to determine the seeding. LaPorte will take on South Houston,the DII #2 seed out of 22-5A.  Pasadena Memorial, the DII #1 seed awaits the 21-5A DII #2 seed.

[b][u]19-4A[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                  Dayton had clinched the district championship and the DII, #1 seed.  Barbers Hill has clinched the DII, #2 seed, Crosby has clinched the DI, #1 seed.

[b]Who can clinch this week:[/b]         Galena Park can clinch the second DI berth and a playoff date with Beaumont Central with a win over Houston North Forest next week.  That berth is Houston C.E. King's if Galena Park loses and the Panthers are able to beat Dayton.          

[b]Bidistrict Foes:[/b]                          The only thing that has been settled in 20-4A is that Beaumont Central has clinched a DI playoff berth and will play either Galena Park or Houston C.E. King.  

[b][u]20-4A[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                  Central has clinched the district championship and the the DI, #1 seed out of 20-4A. Port Neches-Groves has clinched a playoff berth.

[b]Who can clinch this week:[/b]          Little Cypress-Mauriceville will clinch with a win OR Livingston loss OR if PNG and Livingston win, a loss of less than 6 points to Nederland.

Livingston is in with a win unless both PNG and Nederland win.  Then, Livingston is in only if Nederland beats LC-M by less than 3 points.

Nederland is in a win unless both PNG and Livingston win. Then, the Bulldogs would need a win of at least 3 points over LC-M.

Lumberton is in with a win AND a Livingston loss AND a Nederland loss.  

Vidor is in with a win AND a Lumberton loss AND a Nederland loss.

[b]Bi-District Foes:[/b]                         Crosby will be the DI #1 seed out of District 19-4A.  Dayton (#1) and Barbers Hill (#2) will be the DII teams.                        

[b][u]18-3A[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                  Kirbyville has clinched a DII berth out of 18-3A.  Center has clinched a playoff spot.

[b]Who can clinch this week:[/b]         The winner of the Diboll/Jasper game will clinch the final berth out of District 18-3A.  If Jasper wins, they will be the DI representative, and Center and Kirbyville will be the DII representatives, with the seeding being determined from the winner of the Center/Kirbyville game this week.

If Diboll were to win, Center would be the DI representative, with Kirbyville being the DII #1 seed and Diboll being the DII#2 seed.

[b]Bi-District Foes[/b]:                        Tyler Chapel Hill (8-1, 3-0) will be the DI representative out of District 17-3A.  Athens will be the DII #1 seed and Brownsboro will be the DII #2 seed.

[b][u]21-3A[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                  West Orange-Stark has clinched the DII #1 seed out of 21-3A.

[b]Who can clinch this week[/b]:           Bridge City will clinch a playoff berth with a win OR Silsbee loss OR a loss of 3 points or less to Orangefield.

Silsbee will clinch the DI berth with 1) a win over Hamshire-Fannett AND any result other than Orangefield a win by 4 points OR 2) an Orangefield loss to Bridge City.

Orangefield can take a DII berth with a win of 5 points or more over Bridge City.  

[b]Bi-District Foes:[/b]                         Huffman will be the DI representative out of District 22-3A and will play either Silsbee or Bridge City.  Coldspring and Liberty will be the DII representatives out of 22-3A with the seeding to be determined when the Trojans and Panthers square off next week.  The winner will play either Bridge City or Orangefield and the loser playing West Orange-Stark in Bi-District.                              

[b][u]22-3A[u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                  Huffman has clinched the DI berth out of 22-3A.  Coldspring and Liberty have clinched the DII berths.  The only question left is the seeding of the Division II teams.  Coldspring and Liberty square off next week with the winner of that game grabbing the #1 seed and the loser taking the #2 seed.

[b]Bi-District Foes:[/b]                        West Orange-Stark has secured the DII, #1 seed and will play the loser of the Coldspring/Liberty game.  Huffman will play either Bridge City or Silsbee.  The winner of the Coldspring/Liberty game will play either Bridge City or Orangefield

[b][u]10-2A (Division I)[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                  Anahuac has clinched a playoff berth.

[b]Who can clinch this week:[/b]          East Chambers is with a win over Warren OR a Buna loss or a Newton loss.

Newton is in with a win OR a Buna loss

Buna can get a berth with a win over Woodville AND either a Newton or East Chambers loss          

[b]Bi-District Foes:[/b]                        Tatum and White Oak current sit atop 9-2A-I with identical 4-0 records.  The Eagles and Roughnecks square off next week and the winner will get a bye in the bi-district round.  The loser of that game will play the third place team out of 10-2A-I.

Jefferson and New Diana currently sit at 2-2 in district and they also square off next week with the winner of that game getting the final berth out of 9-2A-I and will play the second place team out of 10-2A-I.                  

[b][u]10-2A (Division II)[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                  Corrigan-Camden and Groveton have clinched playoff berths and square off this week with the winner gaining the district championship and the bye in bidistrict

[b]Who can clinch this week:[/b]          New Waverly and San Augustine square off with the winner gaining the final berth out of 10-2A-II.

[b]Bi-District Foes:[/b]                        West Rusk (9-0, 4-0), Frankston (6-3, 3-1) and Arp (4-5, 3-1) have clinched the playoff berths out of 9-2A-II.  West Rusk will win the district championship with a win or a loss of less than 18 points to Arp.  With a win or an Arp loss, Frankston will take the runner up spot and play either New Waverly or San Augustine in Bi-District.  Unless Arp beats West Rusk and Frankston loses, they will be the third place team and will play either Groveton or Corrigan-Camden.

[b][u]11-1A (Division I)[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                  Lovelady will be the district champion and will get a bye in bi-district. Hull-Daisetta and West Sabine have also clinched a playoff berths.  Hull-Daisetta and West Sabine play next week to determine the runner up and third place team out of 12-1A-I.

[b]Bi-District Foes:[/b]                        Thrall (8-2, 4-0) has won the district championship and will have a bye in the bi-district round.  Normangee (6-3, 2-1) has clinched a playoff berth and will be the runner up unless they lose to Iola (6-3, 1-2) by more than 15 points.  Moody (3-6, 1-2) is in with a win or an Iola loss to Normangee.

[b][u]14-1A (Division II)[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                 Evadale has clinched a playoff berth.  They'll clinch a bye in bidistrict with a win over High Island.  

[b]Who can clinch this week:[/b]          Burkeville will gain a spot with either a win over Sabine Pass or a High Island loss to Evadale.  High Island will gain a playoff spot in 14-1A-II with a win over Evadale OR a Sabine Pass loss to Burkeville. Sabine Pass could get a playoff spot with a win a 13 point over Burkeville OR a win over Burkeville and a High Island win over Evadale            

[b]Bi-District Foes:[/b]                        Burton (9-0, 4-0) has won the district championship in District 13-1A-II and will get a bye in the playoffs.  Milano (6-3), Granger (4-5), Bartlett (2-7) and Holland (2-7) are all tied with 2-2 district marks.  Milano plays Granger, Bartlett plays Snook (0-4) and Holland plays Burton in the final week of the season.  The winner of the Milano/Granger game will get a playoff berth and so will Bartlett if they defeat Snook or Holland loses to Burton.

[b][u]TAPPS IV-4[/u][/b]

[b]Who's in:[/b]                                  The Woodlands Christian and Beaumont Legacy Christian have clinched playoff berths.  Galveston O'Connell will be the third place team out of IV-4 by virtue of the forfeits by Huntsville Alpha Omega.

[b]First round Foes:[/b]                       Shiner St. Paul, Hallettsville Sacred Heart and Bryan Brazos Christian have clinched the playoff berths in District IV-3.

IN TAPPS Division IV, the District 4 champ plays the District 3 4th Place team, the District 4 runner up plays the District 3 third place  team and the Division 4 third place team plays the District 3 runner up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to enrollment numbers, remaining schedule, current standings and of course my pickem's (had to throw that in there since I'm leading, lol)...

19-4A D1 #1 seed Crosby vs 20-4A D1 #2 seed Nederland/PN-G (I feel Nederland wins there next 2 and gets in but if they don't and PN-G wins one or both games, they will play here)
19-4A D1 #2 seed Galena Park vs 20-4A D1 #1 seed Beaumont Central (this game is all but set in stone)

19-4A D2 #1 seed Dayton vs 20-4A D2 #2 seed Livingston/LC-M/PN-G (good to be in the playoffs, but this is the worst case scenerio)
19-4A D2 #2 seed Barbers Hill vs 20-4A D2 #1 seed Livingston/LC-M/PN-G (more than likely, this is reserved for the winner of this Fridays game between Livingston/LC-M)

This is just a guess going off of stats and factual information, the games must still be played so good luck to all that are in the running.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="886842" timestamp="1288006505"]
According to enrollment numbers, remaining schedule, current standings and of course my pickem's (had to throw that in there since I'm leading, lol)...

19-4A D1 #1 seed Crosby vs 20-4A D1 #2 seed Nederland (I feel Nederland wins there next 2 and gets in)
19-4A D1 #2 seed Galena Park vs 20-4A D1 #1 seed Beaumont Central (this game is all but set in stone)

19-4A D2 #1 seed Dayton vs 20-4A D2 #2 seed Livingston/LC-M/PN-G (if PN-G gets in, unless they upset Central, they only have one opponent)
19-4A D2 #2 seed Barbers Hill vs 20-4A D2 #1 seed Livingston/LC-M (the winner of this Fridays game will get Barbers Hill)

This is just a guess going off of stats and factual information, the games must still be played so good luck to all that are in the running.
[/quote]That is the way I see it.  I wouldn't want to be the loser to the Livingston / LC-M game, they obviously get the hardest first round opponent possible.  The winner still gets Barbers Hill, but a much better chance at going to round 2.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="886846" timestamp="1288006814"]
What if.....
Crosby losses out (they finish 4 and 3)
GC Memorial wins out (they finish 4 and 3)
Galena Park wins out (they finish 4 and 3)
Will it go to points....
This could happen if the Patriots find a way to beat the Eagles this Friday.
[/quote]

It could happen...
I do see Galena Park winning out to go 4-3 (the district opponents are a combined 1-9) but that puts them in the playoffs,
Crosby could go 4-3 with Dayton and Barbers Hill left to play but they have the head-to-head win over Galena Park,
and yes if GCM finds away to upset Barbers Hill (I don't see it happening) and win their las game, they would be in knocking Galena Park out.  That would change Central's opponent to GCM for the 2nd year in a row in the first round (one that I would personally prefer).

It could happen...but it won't.

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="888767" timestamp="1288192802"]
???i thought burkeville was already in the playoffs  ???
[/quote]

Not yet, officially.  There is still (and I mean only one) scenario in which Burkeville does not make the playoffs.  That is Sabine Pass loses to High Island this week but beats Burkeville next week.  

If High Island would lose to Evadale with the above scenario, that would create a three way tie between the Mustangs, the Cardinals and the Sharks with all three having the identical 1-1 head to head and if the points are equal, then it could go down to a coin flip.

If High Island would beat Evadale, with the above scenario, Evadale and High Island would have 2-1 and Sabine Pass and Burkeville would be tied with Sabine Pass holding the tiebreaker.

Yes, these scenarios are unlikely and I fully expect Burkeville to be the #2 seed out of 14-1A (DII), but we are talking about whether they officially have it, which is not yet.

[quote name="BigRedMachine" post="888819" timestamp="1288197161"]
Question? I see Coop already has Silsbee penciled in. What if WO-S beats Silsbee and OF beats BC? All 3 would be 3-2. BC beat Silsbee, Silsbee beat OF, and OF beat BC. Tiebreakers?
[/quote]

While, Coop has penciled in the possible matchups.  I have not because as of this point, no team in 21-3A has even clinched a playoff berth.

[quote name="BigRedMachine" post="888819" timestamp="1288197161"]
Question? I see Coop already has Silsbee penciled in. What if WO-S beats Silsbee and OF beats BC? All 3 would be 3-2. BC beat Silsbee, Silsbee beat OF, and OF beat BC. Tiebreakers?
[/quote]

I think it goes to points.  Silsbee lost to BC by 4 and beat OF by 4 so they are at 0.

BC is at +4 rt now and OF is at -4.

In that scenario, if it does go by points with a three way tie, you would have this:

OF wins by 3 or less - BC and Silsbee advance.  OF out.
OF wins by 4 - they would all three have a point differential of 0 and ???  coin flip??
OF wins by 5 or more - OF and Silsbee advance.  BC out.

So basically Silsbee would have to have OF beat BC by exactly 4 points to even have a chance of not making it.

And obviously this would be assuming a lot of stuff at this point.  For this scenario, WOS has to beat Silsbee, Silsbee beat HF, OF beat HJ, and BC beat HF.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges