**Ozen at Vidor Broadcast/Vidor Wins/Comments**

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="869981" timestamp="1286597726"]
#5 Josh Richard, stepped up big time when Clark and Smallwood got hurt.  Would like to see his stats.  Anybody know  Blake Tinkle' injury status?
[/quote]Not sure on Tinkle but you could tell he was missed...Ozen started gashing us with the run as soon as he went out. Richard had to have had 150+ rushing in the second half.

Yeah, they did.  Hope he's back next week, as well as Clark and Smallwood.  Richard did great coming in like he did.  Reagan Woodside did well with the placekicking and was glad to see the coaches let Jeanise kick deep in the 4th qtr.  Was giving the Panthers too good of field position with the pooch kicks.

Lets give some props to a group of guys that you never hear about.  The O line in the second half played great.  Eric Jerrell on that fumble recovery that keep the drive alive when we were down 10.  If he didnt do that we would have been in big trouble.  Defense,  great job in the first half but the second.  ???  Good job Pirates.  Keep getting better.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="870004" timestamp="1286598345"]
Yeah, they did.  Hope he's back next week, as well as Clark and Smallwood.   Richard did great coming in like he did.   Reagan Woodside did well with the placekicking and was glad to see the coaches let Jeanise kick deep in the 4th qtr.  Was giving the Panthers too good of field position with the pooch kicks.
[/quote]

That was Brandon Clayton place kicking.  Hes a football playing soccer player.  I know before he just started just doing soccer he could lay some wood on people.  Great job Brandon.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="870022" timestamp="1286598891"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=74128.msg870004#msg870004 date=1286598345]
Yeah, they did.  Hope he's back next week, as well as Clark and Smallwood.   Richard did great coming in like he did.   Reagan Woodside did well with the placekicking and was glad to see the coaches let Jeanise kick deep in the 4th qtr.  Was giving the Panthers too good of field position with the pooch kicks.
[/quote]

That was Brandon Clayton place kicking.  Hes a football playing soccer player.  I know before he just started just doing soccer he could lay some wood on people.  Great job Brandon.
[/quote]
Sorry Brandon, was going by the name and number in the program, and yes the crew did a good job. 

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="870004" timestamp="1286598345"]
[/quote]I agree on the pooch kick. If you dont get it high enough its returnable so you might as well kick it deep. Jeanise has shown he can get it in the endzone.

[quote name="pirates61" post="870038" timestamp="1286599415"]
I agree but the other judges made the call when he didn't
[/quote]Yes they did.I just dont see how he could not call holding on the one the head referee had to call it was right in front of him..Ozens reciever tackled our cornerback.The back judge and head referee both threw flags from 25 yards away.

congrats pirates! great game! 2nd half was great football! i concur on side judge on vidors sideline must of been blind.... the rest of the refs were probably the best group i have seen in a while... Tinkle was back in the game a few plays after going out... Enjoy this win tonight boys.... tomorrow starts preperation for LC-M. we still need to work on wrapping up on our tackles... too many arm tackles are getting broke... i think coach needs to get them a chicken like rocky had to do... if you can catch a chicken you can catch a scatback lol

Great game. A defensive game in the first half and an offensive score fest in the second half. I liked the way we came out throwing early and not waiting until the fourth quarter to try and score with the pass. Once the run started working in the second half we stuck with it. Some had some crass remarks about me saying that we should pass earlier after the Lumberton game last week. But, what do you know? It worked for a score to a wide-open receiver. I guess some of that "Monday QB/Coach" ain't much of an insult now is it? (Yeah, you know who you are.  ;D) It is called stating the obvious.
And, while the defense did get lax in the third quarter, they didn't give up and got the game into a winnable situation in the fourth. While I agree with Comeaux about the arm tackles, we got a lot of sophomores out there and they are improving. Should make for an interesting next two seasons...
Let's get ready for the Bears next Friday.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Well great game Pirates! Yall did just as i hoped yall would. Could've been a lil better on stopping the run but hey we stopped him when it counted. #5. Wow! What a game for him. Never expected J.R. to get 200+ yards tonight. Great night to step up. Hope Brentyn Clark and David Smallwood come back healthy next week. Good game to come out to for Brandon Clayton, a junior soccer player who has never kicked in a varsity game. Overall Pirates yall did a great job. Now lets get ready for those bears next week!

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder