Lovelady at West Hardin, thoughts...

West Hardin has had a roller coaster of a season, it really depends on which Oiler team shows up Friday night.  Oilers usually play pretty tough at home though.

Lovelady has a terrible record right now, but you've got to look at who they've played.  This is a "Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover" type of situation here.

All the best to my Oilers.

Just looking at the 7-6 loss to Garrison is scary, due to the caliber of team that garrison usually puts on the field, but based on the rest of the games, it looks like lovelady is going to be a team similar to colmesneil with maybe a little more athleticism. If the oilers can limit the turnovers (which is killing them this year) and contain the speed (always a problem for WH) then they have a shot. Lets hope the boys can come out and play smashmouth football and come away with the W! Either way, rain or shine, I'll be pulling for ya Friday night. Lets go Blue!!

[quote name="The_Hatch" post="867275" timestamp="1286394740"]
Just looking at the 7-6 loss to Garrison is scary, due to the caliber of team that garrison usually puts on the field, but based on the rest of the games, it looks like lovelady is going to be a team similar to colmesneil with maybe a little more athleticism. If the oilers can limit the turnovers (which is killing them this year) and contain the speed (always a problem for WH) then they have a shot. Lets hope the boys can come out and play smashmouth football and come away with the W! Either way, rain or shine, I'll be pulling for ya Friday night. Lets go Blue!!
[/quote]well said ;D

Lovelady lost 19 seniors and will be rebuilding this year. Also Tre Sherman their All-State running back moved to Crockett. So in my opinion Lovelady is the 3rd best team in District behind West Sabine and Hull-Daisetta. WH has a great new Coach and staff, but they are getting settled in at this point. So I believe WH will get better every year. WH is not ready this year.

Lovelady 28
WH 12

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="867565" timestamp="1286414880"]
Lovelady lost 19 seniors and will be rebuilding this year. Also Tre Sherman their All-State running back moved to Crockett. So in my opinion Lovelady is the 3rd best team in District behind West Sabine and Hull-Daisetta. WH has a great new Coach and staff, but they are getting settled in at this point. So I believe WH will get better every year. WH is not ready this year.

Lovelady 28
WH 12

[/quote]

Wow...  Seriously???

They can lose 19 seniors and an All-State RB & still beat WH by 2 TD's?

Interesting opinion.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="867902" timestamp="1286471717"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=74046.msg867565#msg867565 date=1286414880]

Lovelady 28
WH 12

[/quote]

Wow...  Seriously???

They can lose 19 seniors and an All-State RB & still beat WH by 2 TD's?

Interesting opinion.
[/quote] Normally my statement would be crazy. But Lovelady reloades year after year. Our District is traditionally weak. Just being real, and yes Lovelady by 2 TD's or more.

[quote name="trophyman" post="868342" timestamp="1286503048"]
come on 55 our district is weak year after year ? then why do you call h-d a football powerhouse
you haven't won district in a few years!
[/quote] Because H-D is a known powerhouse team. And yes we have not won District in a few years, but look at all the years of dominance we had !!!! Every great program has some off years, we will be back on top !!

My gut says lovelady wins but my heart says WH will take this one in a close game.  The important thing for the Oilers this game is to not let lovelady's reputation beat you before the game starts.  You have to approach every game believing you can win.  Good luck Oilers.

[quote name="HD94" post="868559" timestamp="1286540308"]
My gut says lovelady wins but my heart says WH will take this one in a close game.  The important thing for the Oilers this game is to not let lovelady's reputation beat you before the game starts.  You have to approach every game believing you can win.  Good luck Oilers.
[/quote]

Thanks HD94, your absolutely correct in that statement.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="868521" timestamp="1286524419"]
[quote author=trophyman link=topic=74046.msg868342#msg868342 date=1286503048]
come on 55 our district is weak year after year ? then why do you call h-d a football powerhouse
you haven't won district in a few years!
[/quote] Because H-D is a known powerhouse team. And yes we have not won District in a few years, but look at all the years of dominance we had !!!! Every great program has some off years, we will be back on top !!
[/quote]

If HD wins, HD55 rubs it in for three weeks. If HD loses, he cries and makes excuses for four. Until HD makes it past the first round of the playoffs, like they haven't since moby dick was a minnow, then I'm gonna keep away from calling them a "powerhouse".

My opinion for the district
1. West Sabine (By far)
2. Lovelady
3. Daisetta
4. Colmesneil
5. West Hardin
Colmesneil and West Hardin might be in a dog fight for the boo boo prize of last place. If West Hardin comes out and plays like they did last night against lovelady, then they'll be a shoe in for it. Gotta show some intensity oilers, it isn't going to get any easier this year. Lovin ya' blue, but ya'll stunk it up last night.  :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder