Barbers Hill Coaches

SETEXFan

BH and BH kids have always played hard and showed a lot of class and in no way, shape, or form am I saying this is on the kids.  It's on the LEADER of the group.  Regardless of intent or "class shown" by not disturbing the anthem by running on the field during it (which would have meant a termination in my book) it is completely and utterly in-excusable not to be on the field to pay respect to this country and the flag.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rollinac" post="859909" timestamp="1285687526"]
BH and BH kids have always played hard and showed a lot of class and in no way, shape, or form am I saying this is on the kids.  It's on the LEADER of the group.  Regardless of intent or "class shown" by not disturbing the anthem by running on the field during it (which would have meant a termination in my book) it is completely and utterly in-excusable not to be on the field to pay respect to this country and the flag.
[/quote]

Alright already, yes it falls on the staff and it is Gage's fault. It was a mistake. You guys have said your piece about not liking it... we get it. It was not disrespectful, it was a huge oversight. No Staff from any Texas High School would do it on purpose for Reggie's moment of silence or the Athem honoring our service men and women.

Your Broncos made up for the mistake and then some with a [color=purple][size=16pt]54-0 TRUCKING[/size][/color] of the BH Eagles. BH will always honor our Military personnel past and present. See it for what it is, the staff made a mistake, and regrets its more than you feel disrespected I'm sure.

From everyone at BH:                            [color=purple][size=16pt]THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE![/size][/color]

I wasnt at the game but they didnt come out for the Anthem? There are a few things that really get me going and not respecting the flag of our great nation is one of them. You only had a 15 min drive there is no excuse for being late. By looking at the scoreboard, Im sure they were not in the locker room preparing.

[quote name="Backflipper" post="860283" timestamp="1285714197"]
I wasnt at the game but they didnt come out for the Anthem? There are a few things that really get me going and not respecting the flag of our great nation is one of them. You only had a 15 min drive there is no excuse for being late. By looking at the scoreboard, Im sure they were not in the locker room preparing.
[/quote]

They were probbaly wondering who Dayton was going to have playing, since there seems to be an issue in that category.  ;D ;D  I can see it, "dang coach, when did Mario Williams become your defensive end?"  "Oh, yeah he has been ill for the last few years and just got to feeling better."   

[quote name="bh89-2" post="860769" timestamp="1285780311"]
[quote author=Backflipper link=topic=73442.msg860283#msg860283 date=1285714197]
[/quote]

They were probbaly wondering who Dayton was going to have playing, since there seems to be an issue in that category.   ;D ;D  I can see it, "dang coach, when did Mario Williams become your defensive end?"  "Oh, yeah he has been ill for the last few years and just got to feeling better."   
[/quote]

It just seemed like it was Mario Williams, but it was just Darrian Wright.

[quote name="bronco1" post="860818" timestamp="1285783591"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=73442.msg860769#msg860769 date=1285780311]
[quote author=Backflipper link=topic=73442.msg860283#msg860283 date=1285714197]
[/quote]

They were probbaly wondering who Dayton was going to have playing, since there seems to be an issue in that category.   ;D ;D  I can see it, "dang coach, when did Mario Williams become your defensive end?"  "Oh, yeah he has been ill for the last few years and just got to feeling better."   
[/quote]

It just seemed like it was Mario Williams, but it was just Darrian Wright.
[/quote] good one !

[quote name="bhpimp" post="860890" timestamp="1285789020"]
the reason bh has won games in the past is not because of some gimmick offense or with great talent. they one because they worked harder than any other school and were tougher than any other school. ive spoken to some of the players this year that were on the team last year and they say that the coaches are soft on them. they say that practice is no where near how it was the year before. coach gage won at schools where they could get by on talent alone. bh cannot do that. if they want to win then they need to get physical, run a normal offense even if it is a spread offense and dominate the other teams with toughness.
[/quote]Does tough include wanting no part of Darian Wright and Aron Ripkowski???????by the 3rd quarter they wanted no part of them.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="861404" timestamp="1285852478"]
[quote author=bhpimp link=topic=73442.msg860890#msg860890 date=1285789020]
...and dominate the other teams with toughness.
[/quote]Does tough include wanting no part of Darian Wright and Aron Ripkowski???????by the 3rd quarter they wanted no part of them.
[/quote]

BH tough, not regular tough.

Guest 24baseball24
Maybe the coaches regulate the T-Bomb uses of their own team. Half the team were dead tired after half because of them and didnt keep themselves hydrated. Some smart butt grabbing football players.

[quote name="24baseball24" post="861525" timestamp="1285863441"]
Maybe the coaches regulate the [b]T-Bomb [/b] uses of their own team. Half the team were dead tired after half because of them and didnt keep themselves hydrated. Some smart butt grabbing football players.
[/quote]

had to look that one up...

http://www.google.com/search?q=T-bomb&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADSA_en&safe=active

Guest 24baseball24
All it is doing is making them throw up from dehydration and making them slower than molasses on the field. Give Dayton some credit that #1 is a very strong runner and ran all over the team. But the eagles had no energy after the first half which is half the reason why they got blown out.

[quote name="24baseball24" post="861525" timestamp="1285863441"]
Maybe the coaches regulate the [color=blue][b]T-Bomb[/b][/color] uses of their own team. Half the team were dead tired after half because of them and didnt keep themselves hydrated. Some smart butt grabbing football players.
[/quote]

Hmmmm?! Where is that BH89-2?

Guest 24baseball24
[quote name="bronco1" post="861581" timestamp="1285866780"]
[quote author=24baseball24 link=topic=73442.msg861525#msg861525 date=1285863441]
Maybe the coaches regulate the [color=blue][b]T-Bomb[/b][/color] uses of their own team. Half the team were dead tired after half because of them and didnt keep themselves hydrated. Some smart butt grabbing football players.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Still depressed from a 54-0 loss ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="24baseball24" post="861587" timestamp="1285867117"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=73442.msg861581#msg861581 date=1285866780]
[quote author=24baseball24 link=topic=73442.msg861525#msg861525 date=1285863441]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Still depressed from a 54-0 loss ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] I hope he got banned...for the un intelligent remarks he made. And when everyone was told to not make anymore comments (per the moderator)he continued on...

[b][/b] The Barber's Hill Coaches were upset... Rightfully so, when your team gets beat before the game starts. Coach Stewart respected Coach Price. Coach Gage disrespected Dayton by making his "players" wear PURPLE when they messed up at school. What is that teaching your players and staff? That it sucks to wear purple? Coach Gage should take some pride and APOLOGIZE for everything. That would make him "more of a man". After all the things that happened, Coach Gage attempted to shake Coach Stewarts hand after the game... Coach Stewart declined! Which seems like unsportsmanship, but Coach Stewart shook hands with ALL the players. Nuff Said!

[quote name="NEWBOOTBRONCO" post="862511" timestamp="1285950197"]
[b][/b] The Barber's Hill Coaches were upset... Rightfully so, when your team gets beat before the game starts. Coach Stewart respected Coach Price. Coach Gage disrespected Dayton by making his "players" wear PURPLE when they messed up at school. What is that teaching your players and staff? That it sucks to wear purple? Coach Gage should take some pride and APOLOGIZE for everything. That would make him "more of a man". After all the things that happened, Coach Gage attempted to shake Coach Stewarts hand after the game... Coach Stewart declined! Which seems like unsportsmanship, but Coach Stewart shook hands with ALL the players. Nuff Said!
[/quote]

Neither got any brownie points after thier own individual performances as a head coach last week.  No love loss is a good thing for the rivalry that I hope continues.  With that said, lack of sportsmanship is not excusable and the schools should address the issue with both coaches.   

[quote name="bh89-2" post="862566" timestamp="1285953743"]
[quote author=NEWBOOTBRONCO link=topic=73442.msg862511#msg862511 date=1285950197]
[/quote]

Neither got any brownie points after thier own individual performances as a head coach last week.  No love loss is a good thing for the rivalry that I hope continues.  With that said, lack of sportsmanship is not excusable and the schools should address the issue with both coaches.     
[/quote] I must of missed something what did Stewart do other than bee-itch slap Gage 54 times !

Guest octfeb
[b]lack of sportsmanship is not excusable and the schools should address the issue with both coaches.    [/b] <--- quote from the smoken INFANTILE.. And Stewart needs to discuss what?

[quote name="octfeb" post="862584" timestamp="1285954540"]
[b]lack of sportsmanship is not excusable and the schools should address the issue with both coaches.     [/b] <--- quote from the smoken INFANTILE.. And Stewart needs to discuss what?
[/quote]

Not shaking hands for one.  The 2nd topic, according to daddy admin, we can't discuss openly.  Will be glad to send you a PM though.  ;) ;)  ;D

Guest 24baseball24
Coach Stewart played a kid on the Freshman team and then he moved him up to JV that night. This is why the disrespect started on both ends. Gage called Stewart and pointed out the obvious problem. Stewart just laughed and said "What do you want me to do? Forfiet the 2 matches" Gage response was "No, i just want you to play fairly for now on and i will let every coach know of this and if it happens again we(as in all the coaches in 19-4a) will appoint the problem and do something about it."

This is why Stewart had 0 mercy on running up the score in the 3rd quarter then finally putting his second string in at the 4th quarter. With that said they both did wrong with wearing purple for punishment and also Stewart stacking his team and not shaking Gages' hand after the game.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="24baseball24" post="865588" timestamp="1286208607"]
Coach Stewart played a kid on the Freshman team and then he moved him up to JV that night. This is why the disrespect started on both ends. Gage called Stewart and pointed out the obvious problem. Stewart just laughed and said "What do you want me to do? Forfiet the 2 matches" Gage response was "No, i just want you to play fairly for now on and i will let every coach know of this and if it happens again we(as in all the coaches in 19-4a) will appoint the problem and do something about it."

This is why Stewart had 0 mercy on running up the score in the 3rd quarter then finally putting his second string in at the 4th quarter. With that said they both did wrong with wearing purple for punishment and also Stewart stacking his team and not shaking Gages' hand after the game.
[/quote] And you know this how?

First of all get your facts straight before running your mouth.  It was a b team player on the freshman level that played on the freshman a team.  Dayton did not have enough people because of injuries.  So instead of not having a b game Dayton chose to pull one kid up.  They pulled their best player out of the A game and put a B team player in his place when the game was out of hand.  BH should have been happy.  If dayton would have cancelled the B game yall would not have scored or won a game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin