Bulldogs add QB, lose star tackle

KFDM COOP

I dont have a dog in this race but after watching this coach lastnight on TV I can see the story from the kid that quite being more of the truth. Looks to me this all started by someone over hearing 3 other players talking to each other. That player wonted to stur the pot and that is were it all got out of hand. If the player that butted in on something that nothing to do with him had keep his mouth shut this would have never gottin this far. The three kid did not go to the coach he came to them and call them in to talk to him. Seems that other people ( not players) have question the call of changing QBs and the coach took it out on these 3 kids.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pe2009" post="853714" timestamp="1285179663"]
Question......I didnt go back and re-read every post....but shouldnt stuff like this be "In-house" and not in a newspaper......officials arent even allowed to tell the jersey numbers of kids who commit penalties in a game, but several kids can be called out in a newspaper? this isnt the NFL.
[/quote]

Many believe it should be kept out of the local paper.  

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="True Blue" post="853722" timestamp="1285180062"]
I dont have a dog in this race but after watching this coach lastnight on TV I can see the story from the kid that quite being more of the truth. Looks to me this all started by someone over hearing 3 other players talking to each other. That player wonted to stur the pot and that is were it all got out of hand. If the player that butted in on something that nothing to do with him had keep his mouth shut this would have never gottin this far. The three kid did not go to the coach he came to them and call them in to talk to him. Seems that other people ( not players) have question the call of changing QBs and the coach took it out on these 3 kids.
[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing earlier True Blue. Its not like the 3 kids went in front of the whole team or made public with what their opinions were. They were "supposely" talking amongest themselfves. My main question is how did the  PA News find out about this and who is the whistleblower??

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="853725" timestamp="1285180145"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=73268.msg853714#msg853714 date=1285179663]
Question......I didnt go back and re-read every post....but shouldnt stuff like this be "In-house" and not in a newspaper......officials arent even allowed to tell the jersey numbers of kids who commit penalties in a game, but several kids can be called out in a newspaper? this isnt the NFL.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but Neuman could have stated, "No comment" or "we are handling this in house".

I still say this isn't something you really go to print on, but I am not in that business.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="853729" timestamp="1285180284"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=73268.msg853725#msg853725 date=1285180145]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but Neuman could have stated, "No comment" or "we are handling this in house".

I still say this isn't something you really go to print on, but I am not in that business.
[/quote]

I agree AAW, Neuman should have taken the high road and not allowed the PA News to quote him.

He sure was quick to defend himself to the public via the newspaper. (An act of a guilty man ???)

Sounds to me like he popped off to the player about his dad and lost the respect of a portion of the team.

[quote name="Dav-J" post="853755" timestamp="1285181855"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=73268.msg853729#msg853729 date=1285180284]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree AAW, Neuman should have taken the high road and not allowed the PA News to quote him.

He sure was quick to defend himself to the public via the newspaper. (An act of a guilty man ???)

[b]Sounds to me like he popped off to the player about his dad and lost the respect of a portion of the team[/b].

[/quote]

Trust me Dav-J...The only thing the Dogs are doing is getting ready to put it on Vidor. The kids are not distracted and have not lost respect for their coach like you think they may have. And yes, I do know this for a fact.

[quote name="Dav-J" post="853755" timestamp="1285181855"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=73268.msg853729#msg853729 date=1285180284]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds to me like he popped off to the player about his dad and lost the respect of a portion of the team.

[/quote]

You are stretching big time here and assuming things that you know nothing about...I said it before and will say it again, this is WAY bigger of a deal on this message board than it as on the practice field in Nederland...this thread has taken on a life of its own...crazy!

[quote name="Roughrider" post="853763" timestamp="1285182711"]
[quote author=TURN2 link=topic=73268.msg853761#msg853761 date=1285182599]
HEY RIDER YOUR PICTURE LOOKS LIKE A HARD WEEKEND AT THE DEER LEASE!OR IS IT STRESS?
[/quote]

Ha Ha Turn 2. I just changed it. I wanted to put my salute to PNG up there but the moderaters would prolly take it down.
[/quote]
I GUESS THATS BETTER THAN THE HAND GESTURE SALUTE YOU GAVE TO THE PNG CROWD 20 YEARS AGO

[quote name="TURN2" post="853766" timestamp="1285182896"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=73268.msg853763#msg853763 date=1285182711]
HEY RIDER YOUR PICTURE LOOKS LIKE A HARD WEEKEND AT THE DEER LEASE!OR IS IT STRESS?
[/quote]

Ha Ha Turn 2. I just changed it. I wanted to put my salute to PNG up there but the moderaters would prolly take it down.
[/quote]
I GUESS THATS BETTER THAN THE HAND GESTURE SALUTE YOU GAVE TO THE PNG CROWD 20 YEARS AGO
[/quote]

I was just letting them know who was #1. LOL

The old school " just lock the door method " is how a lot of things should be handled. Too many parents now-a-days want to "protect" their babies. What happens in the locker room, stays in the locker room.

On a side note, I think that the behavior of our kids has taken a plunge due to no implimentation of corporal punishment in the schools anymore. The thought of me catching an ass whoopin at school, then getting it 5x worse when I got home definitely curbed any behavior issues I had.

[quote name="True Blue" post="853722" timestamp="1285180062"]
[/quote]

what TV channel aired this interview with Neumann? 

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="853787" timestamp="1285184415"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=73268.msg853722#msg853722 date=1285180062]
[/quote]

what TV channel aired this interview with Neumann? 
[/quote] I think it was 6, but cant say for sure I just cought the end of it as a walked in.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="853768" timestamp="1285183051"]
[quote author=TURN2 link=topic=73268.msg853766#msg853766 date=1285182896]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that after the 41-7 1989 beatdown or maybe the 27-0 1990 shut out or how about the 23-6 win in 1991. Or maybe the 54-0 arse kicking in 1992. I am sure after any of those you would have been correct in letting us know who number 1 was.

[quote name="akifan94" post="853847" timestamp="1285190801"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=73268.msg853768#msg853768 date=1285183051]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that after the 41-7 1989 beatdown or maybe the 27-0 1990 shut out or how about the 23-6 win in 1991. Or maybe the 54-0 arse kicking in 1992. I am sure after any of those you would have been correct in letting us know who number 1 was.
[/quote]

It was the 41 to 7 beat down and to be fair the 27 to 0 was a Nederland win. Dont worry AIKY, Just find me at the game this year and I will show you that you are still number 1.... ;)

I think I have read enough posts from all you insightful people who spew your generalities and all-knowing philosophies as to how this situation should pan out, even to the point of pointing fingers at players and coaches, before knowing all the facts.

I fault the PA News for publishing such a story in the first place. I guess some of their reporters used to work for the Globe or National Enquirer. The basics of being a good reporter start with having ''reliable sources'' from whom you obtain your information. Next, you gather all the info and report ''All The Facts!!". I guess if I called in to the PA News and said I saw coach Faircloth out with another woman [b](sorry coach Faircloth, just an example)[/b], it would make front page tomorrow in the sports section. What more proof do I need? Maybe the News should change their name to "The Gossip Column". Please don't say they were just doing their job. They did it very unprofessionally and towards a community that makes up a majority of their subscribers. I hope their profits exceed and outweigh this transgression.

[quote name="akifan94" post="853847" timestamp="1285190801"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=73268.msg853768#msg853768 date=1285183051]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you have any friends?  ;D ;D

This happened several years ago with the QB situation in Ned...I was at the game in Port Arthur when the fans were yelling for a Sophomore QB to take the reigns...does anyone remember Neumann saying that once his Senior QB was well - that he always would give the knod to the Senior QB?

That decision worked out well.  If anyone remembers?

This kid who thought that he could disrespect the coach, his high school, and his football team doesn't belong in Nederland. IMO, I thought the letter in the paper was an embarrasment.  He has a right to his opinion, I know.

Lets see. Being a "leader" of the team I wouldn't think included leaving the team when things go bad and you know what hits the fan. What kind of leader is that? If he and his teammates had a problem with a fellow teammate then they need to man up and handle it in THE LOCKER ROOM by approaching the player and telling him to either get his stuff together or hit the road because we want all of you but we dont NEED ANY OF YOU. If Dionte is jacking around on the sidelines, not leading by example, and being a poor leader in general, then I hope and pray that someone on that football team has the skins on the wall to do something about it because when the wagons get circled on friday nights you're either in or you're out. You want to see an example of a poor leader? Look across the tracks at the purple and white's potential (but not likely) new addition. Absolutely pathetic. The fact that someone thought it was a good idea to write a letter to the PA NEWS in response is absolutely hilarious. What a Podunk paper to publish that including the fact that there was probably names in there that I am certain should not be included due to privacy of a HIGHSCHOOL football team. This isn't the NFL with Moss stating his displeasure to be on the Patriots team.

See ya. The level of your commitment to the Nederland Bulldog football team is evident by your tail between the legs action to not only quit but to attempt to play across the tracks. The team is better off without quitters. A team led by a few lions with a herd of sheep is stronger than a team led by sheep with a herd of lions.

[quote name="willforever" post="853957" timestamp="1285202823"]
This happened several years ago with the QB situation in Ned...I was at the game in Port Arthur when the fans were yelling for a Sophomore QB to take the reigns...does anyone remember Neumann saying that once his Senior QB was well - that he always would give the knod to the Senior QB?

That decision worked out well.  If anyone remembers?

This kid who thought that he could disrespect the coach, his high school, and his football team doesn't belong in Nederland. IMO, I thought the letter in the paper was an embarrasment.  He has a right to his opinion, I know.

[/quote]

I remember. It was the year we played in the semis against Smithson Valley. I was at the PA game also and it was really bad.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder