Nederland At Vidor Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i am so happy i am back i know you guys missed me, well probaly not everyone else probaly wont tell the truth bout vidor. It is a shame that the things that get you banned for 7 days other people can get away with because they dont talk about vidor, or they use names but they are talking good about vidor so it is no big deal, what happened to everyone has the right to speak there opinion on this site, that is what a forum is i know people that have said things this past week to see if they would get in trouble and they didnt so that tells me one thing you are not entitled to your own opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="847706" timestamp="1284515638"]
you guys are so funny but not very smart when it comes to football, who will vidor beat?
[/quote]Gilbert, everyone on here knows how you feel about the Vidor coaching staff. Instead of making negative post after negative post about a team full of high school kids that are no doubt out there every day at practice busting there humps trying to get better and win a football game. Use this forom for what it was intended for,Not to bash the team your suppose to be supporting.

[quote name="pirate68" post="847737" timestamp="1284517416"]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=72830.msg847706#msg847706 date=1284515638]
you guys are so funny but not very smart when it comes to football, who will vidor beat?
[/quote]Gilbert, everyone on here knows how you feel about the Vidor coaching staff. Instead of making negative post after negative post about a team full of high school kids that are no doubt out there every day at practice busting there humps trying to get better and win a football game. Use this forom for what it was intended for,Not to bash the team your suppose to be supporting.
[/quote] i really wish they would just show some sort of change i know you cant change the whole scheme in the middle of the season but try some new things every once in awhile. i know that the boys are working so hard and give it all they have. I really do hope they can somehow get things together and win a few games, and it really isnt the team that upsets me, i really never wanted it to get as far as i took it but i get so mad when all i did at first was tell the truth and give my opinion and you would have thought i killed the president, Lets go Pirates enough is enough out work and out heart the other teams because you wont have much help in the other aspect of the game

I’ll be honest.  I don't know what to expect in this game, but here are a few things I'm certain of. One thing I'm sure of is the Pirates will step on the field ready to win. (This will be their first home game of 2010.) I am also certain that these young men still maintain enough pride to rise above all the negativity and doubt and continue to believe in themselves as a team.  Another thing I have no doubt about is that the Vidor coaching staff will work hard to put the Pirates in a position to win. The next thing I'm certain of is that the 12th Man will be there to support the 11 players on the field. On the other hand here's a few things the Pirates must do to win this game. The Pirates have got to make the Nederland defense respect the pass in order to open lanes for the running game. The o-line must execute their blocks. The Pirates d-line has got to put pressure on the quarterback, and they have to make their tackles, and not give up the big play. Special teams has to continue to do well, the Pirates have a pretty good return man, he usually provides a fair amount of breathing room for the offense and he is capable of taking it to the house. Special teams can help them win this game.

I know that there is a lot of uncertainty among Pirate fans as to how this young team will handle the adversity of losing all three non-district games,  well I think this team will get a handle on the things they have struggled with, and turn the corner in district play. Keep in mind that at this point every team is 0/0 in district.  Pirate fans let's not abandon the ship now.

Everyone is 0/0 to start district and I think that Vidor couldn't ask for a better team to start the district race with... At Home... Ned QB gets first start after pretty long lay off... he was pretty bad to start season at Dayton (I Know.. Scrimmage).  Good opportunity to get off to a good start.  This one could go either way.

[quote name="heartattack90" post="847833" timestamp="1284542502"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72830.msg847314#msg847314 date=1284486055]
Nederland should take this one easy.    35-14
[/quote]Must be that good DC we have to win like this ;)
[/quote]

Don't get smitty started, he may go on a 3 month rant about the coaches!

What's up, dawgnuts, haven't heard from you in a while.  Nederland will win because Vidor's not very good.  BTW: there's only one that deserves a rant.  LOL!!    ;D

[quote name="dawgnut" post="849570" timestamp="1284774457"]
[quote author=heartattack90 link=topic=72830.msg847833#msg847833 date=1284542502]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="850189" timestamp="1284819484"]
What's up, dawgnuts, haven't heard from you in a while.  Nederland will win because Vidor's not very good.  BTW: there's only one that deserves a rant.  LOL!!    ;D

[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=72830.msg849570#msg849570 date=1284774457]
[quote author=heartattack90 link=topic=72830.msg847833#msg847833 date=1284542502]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

oh no .... not the DC thing again !!!!  :D :D :D

No, newbie, Vidor's just not that good this year.  But it could be 35-34.  Nothing has changed at Nederland.    :o    ::)

[quote name="heartattack90" post="847833" timestamp="1284542502"]
[/quote]

I was talking to another Vidor supporter yesterday and asked him if he thought Vidor had a chance to beat Nederland. He said that Vidor has two chances:

Slim and none.  :D

But seriously, if Vidor can patch up the defensive side of the ball to defend a lead, we do have a chance. But that is just the thing. We have to score first and force three-and-outs on defense. The slot-t works great if you can pull that off as it burns the clock like crazy. Makes it hard to comeback in a game though.
Of course, I'm preaching to the choir on this one...  ;D

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="847035" timestamp="1284437848"]
I predict a sick feeling in my stomach. And, it won't be from too many chili-cheese fries.
The Slot-T offense is not good for playing from behind as it uses too much clock. If Vidor can score first and force some three and outs, we have a chance. But, our defense hasn't forced any team to have to do anything this season yet. I say yet because there is still hope.
We are hurting because of the defensive side of the ball. Plain and simple. My heart says Vidor (and always will), but my head says Nederland gets the W. At this point, I'm just hoping we can keep it close.
[/quote]I agree we need to play better defense, but we are developing a passing game. Who knows what might happen?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu