PN-G at Texas City Game Threads/TX City Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

A few things I really realized after this game.

A. We see how good Harmon really was.  (His running game took heat off our passing game)

B. It seems when we throw the deep ball, receiver(s) gets lost and off route....(one of our picks)

C. PNG faithful are getting less faithful (seems we were outnumbered by TC pretty good)

D. Even the road crowd is getting a bit dull.

E. There are some terrible refs in the world...(I was sitting towards the end of the bleachers by the freelancers just there to watch a game and different coaches from the area.  A coach from Galveston said to another coach, and I quote "thats terrible, I can't believe that did that to these kids"

F. If you watch Al Pacino's speech in "Any Given Sunday", he talks about inches being all the way around you, and the one who ends up getting the inches are the ones willing to die to get them.....THE SIX INCHES IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!!!!....PNG has had those inches in 2 games and could not get them...bad reffing or not.

G. Secondary continuously lets people get behind them and do not respond to the ball, even on long passing downs.

H. PNG is still a very good team, and will get better....just need to tighten up some things, and, they will still win 20-4A

I. We have lost by a total of 3 pointss, 7 1/2 from home to a combined record of 6-0 teams.  Teams that I have no doubt will be in the playoffs, and one of them maybe vying for a State Championship.

J. I am going to bed.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and yes the indians got beat by a team that is not good as the indians can be. We were too conservative at the end. The calls by only one ref was blatant. We had some very good defensive plays and  were called for pass interference. If you don't believe me watch the delayed broadcast before you say I am wining. But when you watch the game, be sure and notice our recievers being bear hugged and tackled before the ball would get to them. All of this happened on the side of one ref. Again, Texas City brought the game to us.

[quote name="Mbooyazz" post="844291" timestamp="1284183143"]
A few things I really realized after this game.

A. We see how good Harmon really was.  (His running game took heat off our passing game)

B. It seems when we throw the deep ball, receiver(s) gets lost and off route....(one of our picks)

C. PNG faithful are getting less faithful (seems we were outnumbered by TC pretty good)

D. Even the road crowd is getting a bit dull.

E. There are some terrible refs in the world...(I was sitting towards the end of the bleachers by the freelancers just there to watch a game and different coaches from the area.  A coach from Galveston said to another coach, and I quote "thats terrible, I can't believe that did that to these kids"

F. If you watch Al Pacino's speech in "Any Given Sunday", he talks about inches being all the way around you, and the one who ends up getting the inches are the ones willing to die to get them.....THE SIX INCHES IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!!!!....PNG has had those inches in 2 games and could not get them...bad reffing or not.

G. Secondary continuously lets people get behind them and do not respond to the ball, even on long passing downs.

H. PNG is still a very good team, and will get better....just need to tighten up some things, and, they will still win 20-4A

I. We have lost by a total of 3 pointss, 7 1/2 from home to a combined record of 6-0 teams.  Teams that I have no doubt will be in the playoffs, and one of them maybe vying for a State Championship.

J. I am going to bed.
[/quote]

Dang, was it really that bad?  That's almost half the alphabet!  Yikes!  Lol

Well the ref that was on the TC sideline was the one who threw 75% of the flags. One was even late and called a holding. The one in the endzone, the TC receiver was out of the endzone. The other one the ball was way uncatchable as well. He was also the first ref to try and call a safety on us when the back was down on the 1. So I think there was some lopsided officiating from that 1 ref. PNG. Lots of work on the secondary. Don't understand the soft seceondary coverage. Its been eating us alive in all 3 games. Our running game. Its ok but not like last years. Maybe rotate the backs, the running back on the JV is explosive and makes moves that loose you. I think he is a junior as well. The O line did well in pass blocking. They opened up some big holes for Bertram. Our passing game was decent. But we had alot of receivers wide open they could have thrown too several times. Last night the NDN's were their own worse enemy. To many mistakes and not executing. The one ref was terrible. As far as stunts and blitz', Faircloth is not going to show is cards during these 3 games. I know come district you will see alot of various D formations etc.  2 weeks till we open district play. Lots to work on and adjust. We will see were we really stand come 2 weeks. This is a good time to heal up some of our boys.

TC is a balanced team on the offensive side of the ball. Can't say they are a great team but they are a good team and should compete very well intheir district. Congrats TC on your win last night.

This is shocking, I thought PNG would dominate TC. I was getting updates from PATitan and he stated that the PNG fans wanted the refs head for some bad calls. It really hurts when the Refs determine the outcome of the game. Not saying that it happened in this game , but I would be sore about it too.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="844139" timestamp="1284178467"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=72782.msg843978#msg843978 date=1284175151]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=72782.msg843970#msg843970 date=1284175054]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=72782.msg843961#msg843961 date=1284174845]
Nice home cooking there. Two phantom pass interference calls to put them in field goal range. On one the WR ran out of bounds without being touched and still got the call. Oh well. On to district.
[/quote]

Those were make ups for the safety that wasn't......
[/quote]

Maybe so but I have to throw some excuses out to stir the pot.  ;)
[/quote]

Nope - all who do that are treated the same - no call for blaming refs as others have this year, like your fellow PNG fans said. I am so tired of hearing about refs losing the games and how it is ok for coaches to go off on them.  TC is our preseaon last place pick, pretty good team.
[/quote]

Nobody wants to hear your crap.

[quote name="akifan94" post="844456" timestamp="1284215696"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72782.msg844139#msg844139 date=1284178467]
Nice home cooking there. Two phantom pass interference calls to put them in field goal range. On one the WR ran out of bounds without being touched and still got the call. Oh well. On to district.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope - all who do that are treated the same - no call for blaming refs as others have this year, like your fellow PNG fans said. I am so tired of hearing about refs losing the games and how it is ok for coaches to go off on them.  TC is our preseaon last place pick, pretty good team.
[/quote]

[/quote]nah aki, stangs is the good one it's fwfriend who throws the dung everywhere.

Couple of things here.....PNG has played two very good teams that are undefeated so far and looking to be a contender for each of their respectable districts. We have lost those game by a total of 3 points. Do we miss Dunbar....yes. But the guys have not done that bad...Against GP, secondary was actually not good, but they improved. Also, we fully expected GP to run the ball. TC is a good team. They have several D1 prospects. Especially on defense. I don't understand how people can say that we should have walked away with that game. They were big and fast. I was very pleased with our O-line and blowing off the TC's D-line. Bertrand ran hard. People can keep counting us out but the district will be surprised.  :o. Also I want to respond to some whiners from the first game about Amir, how does he look now? Don't be so freaking fickle people....

[quote name="pngfan66" post="844398" timestamp="1284210994"]
Well the ref that was on the TC sideline was the one who threw 75% of the flags. One was even late and called a holding. The one in the endzone, the TC receiver was out of the endzone. The other one the ball was way uncatchable as well. He was also the first ref to try and call a safety on us when the back was down on the 1. So I think there was some lopsided officiating from that 1 ref. PNG. Lots of work on the secondary. Don't understand the soft seceondary coverage. Its been eating us alive in all 3 games. Our running game. Its ok but not like last years. Maybe rotate the backs, the running back on the JV is explosive and makes moves that loose you. I think he is a junior as well. The O line did well in pass blocking. They opened up some big holes for Bertram. Our passing game was decent. But we had alot of receivers wide open they could have thrown too several times. Last night the NDN's were their own worse enemy. To many mistakes and not executing. The one ref was terrible. As far as stunts and blitz', Faircloth is not going to show is cards during these 3 games. I know come district you will see alot of various D formations etc.  2 weeks till we open district play. Lots to work on and adjust. We will see were we really stand come 2 weeks. This is a good time to heal up some of our boys.

TC is a balanced team on the offensive side of the ball. Can't say they are a great team but they are a good team and should compete very well intheir district. Congrats TC on your win last night.
[/quote]

Very well said pngfan66. The refs weren't good, but that is not what cost us the ballgame. For the most part, the Indians executed poorly. I think that is the flattest I have seen them since Faircloth took over. The next two weeks will make a difference. The TC team was a balanced team. They have their shortcomings, but I will go out on a limb and say that they are a better team than any we will face in 20-4A! I do like that the board gurus are moving us down the list to win district.  :)  The O-line did play very well and I loved Lunceford running down the ballcarrier on the interception. That was the Indian highlight of the night! DJ Schexnieder's play is picking up too! Defensive adjustments will be made. The Indians will be allright when district play starts in two weeks. Scalp 'em!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="844576" timestamp="1284227259"]
Texas City is predicted in most publications to finish near the bottom of their district. ;)
[/quote]
They are playing in a district with Pearland, Friendswood, Lamarque and Manvel. I wouldn't pick them in the top of that district either! Nevertheless, they start district 3-0. I wish 'em luck!  ;)

[quote name="Mbooyazz" post="844291" timestamp="1284183143"]
[/quote]

Really? From my perspective at halftime, it looked like PN-G had Texas City outnumbered by at least 500 fans, probably more. Did we pack the stands like we usually do? No. But we still outnumbered the Texas City fans on their own field, two hours from home.

Go get em bandkid. That's the one thing they can't get you on. Our crowd will always turn-out no matter where it is, when it is, or who it is.I don't know where that person is from, but if you are from the TC/Houston area I can promise you PN-G will put more people in the stands than you--every time!

[quote name="pngfan66" post="844398" timestamp="1284210994"]
Well the ref that was on the TC sideline was the one who threw 75% of the flags. One was even late and called a holding. The one in the endzone, the TC receiver was out of the endzone. The other one the ball was way uncatchable as well. He was also the first ref to try and call a safety on us when the back was down on the 1. So I think there was some lopsided officiating from that 1 ref. PNG. Lots of work on the secondary. Don't understand the soft seceondary coverage. Its been eating us alive in all 3 games. [i][b]Our running game. Its ok but not like last years. Maybe rotate the backs, the running back on the JV is explosive and makes moves that loose you. [/b] [/i] I think he is a junior as well. The O line did well in pass blocking. They opened up some big holes for Bertram. Our passing game was decent. But we had alot of receivers wide open they could have thrown too several times. Last night the NDN's were their own worse enemy. To many mistakes and not executing. The one ref was terrible. As far as stunts and blitz', Faircloth is not going to show is cards during these 3 games. I know come district you will see alot of various D formations etc.  2 weeks till we open district play. Lots to work on and adjust. We will see were we really stand come 2 weeks. This is a good time to heal up some of our boys.

[/quote]
Not sure how you can say the running game is just OK and not like it was last year.  I thought Harmon was a very special running back but Chase is doing great.  After all he had over 150 yards in each of the last two games.  And as for bringing up a JV player we have Grant Tatum who is a very capable runner.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="845023" timestamp="1284253299"]
[quote author=Mbooyazz link=topic=72782.msg844291#msg844291 date=1284183143]
[/quote]

Really? From my perspective at halftime, it looked like PN-G had Texas City outnumbered by at least 500 fans, probably more. Did we pack the stands like we usually do? No. But we still outnumbered the Texas City fans on their own field, two hours from home.
[/quote]

In no way did we outnumber them.....their bleachers were bigger and probably 7/8's full....ours were smaller and probably 3/4 full......with a bunch of onlookers not from our area.  That right there will let you know who had more people.  The area people that just came to watch a game, sat on the less packed side....ours.

[quote name="Layingemdown" post="845500" timestamp="1284314340"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=72782.msg845023#msg845023 date=1284253299]
[quote author=Mbooyazz link=topic=72782.msg844291#msg844291 date=1284183143]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In no way did we outnumber them.....their bleachers were bigger and probably 7/8's full....ours were smaller and probably 3/4 full......with a bunch of onlookers not from our area.  That right there will let you know who had more people.  The area people that just came to watch a game, sat on the less packed side....ours.
[/quote]

One again, I had an on-the-field view of both sides, and it looked to me like PN-G had the bigger crowd. Texas City might have filled a little less than two thirds of their stands. The only section of the visitor's side that wasn't completely full was the student section and it was a little more than halfway full.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=362

According to Texas Bob, Texas City's stadium seats 10,500 people. I would bet that the home side seats 6,000 and the visitor's side seats 4,500. So, just by eyeing it, my guess would be that the Texas City side had between 3,500 and 4,000 fans and the PN-G side had between 4,000 and 4,500 fans. Again, that's just my estimation based on what I could see, but that's my best guess.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="844509" timestamp="1284220568"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=72782.msg844456#msg844456 date=1284215696]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]nah aki, stangs is the good one it's fwfriend who throws the dung everywhere.
[/quote]

Then please forgive me for lumping those two together.......  ;)

[quote name="akifan94" post="845516" timestamp="1284316453"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72782.msg844509#msg844509 date=1284220568]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=72782.msg844456#msg844456 date=1284215696]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then please forgive me for lumping those two together.......  ;)
[/quote]Dog gone it, I just realized I got it wrong too, the dudes' name is Friendswoodfan.

Guest tappedout
Who really care's who had more fan's? Did we win the game? No! We didn't lose because they had more or less people in the stand's. This sound's like a 3rd grade pissing match. Move on!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline