Angleton @ Dayton predictions!!!!!!!

I guess his pads were huge because he looked bulkier than D.P. did.  There are similarities between the two and Diggs does not have twice the talent, but he does have twice the hype.  Pretty sure that Dakari was all state so don't sleep on the type of talent he had.  They both have/had the ability to make big plays and change the game. Diggs is more explosive and Dakari was more fluid.

Diggs will be sore after the Dayton defense tosses him around a little bit.  The Angleton line will not be able to keep Dayton out of the backfield.  This makes it interesting because Diggs excels when he has to improvise and rely on his athleticism.  He will be forced to improvise quite a bit when he shows up at Bronco stadium.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="panamamyers" post="834440" timestamp="1283115940"]
Diggs is over 200 pounds.

I like Pearson a lot.  I went to two or three Dayton games back then specifically because of him.
He is not in Diggs' league.
[/quote]

Digg's Rivals.com profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quandre-Diggs-71957

I misread Gerry Hamilton on his site.  He mentioned that Diggs would be at 210 very early in his career in Austin.
He certainly plays like he is over 200.
He knocked the fire out of some Lee players and then put a devastating stiffarm on another one.  Reminded me of the one Earl laid on the poor guy from Rice back in the day.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uaPTIkiYSM]Earl stiff arm[/url]

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="834652" timestamp="1283133905"]
I would like to see him try to stiff arm #54...that's a good way to break an arm!
[/quote] Amen -Bro !  If he gets lucky and gets by #54 he will have #5 X.factor Baldwin (4.4 speed ) waiting for him in the secondary .

[quote name="Gasilla" post="834750" timestamp="1283139762"]
From what I've been told, Angleton is very much a one man team. I think Dayton rolls in this one. Of course, I'm still scratching my head over the Elkins game. I thought Dayton would roll in that one too.
[/quote] we did roll - its just that we tripped a few times  :)  - Elkins was a he'll of a team bro !

[quote name="hardcore" post="834799" timestamp="1283155694"]
I was wrong in my scoring about Dayton vs Fort Bend Elkins.  With that out of the way! Here is my prediction.

Dayton-35
Angleton-26

That is the bottm line because "Hardcore" said so.
[/quote]

Wow, what a flip-flop! I've got a feeling you might catch a little flack when the rest of the Dayton posters wake up.

I think it's gonna be a close one. Diggs will score some, but I don't think our defense let's him just go "off". The real question is how much can Dayton score. The coaches have 2 weeks to correct some of the problems so hopefully we'll see the offense start to gel some. I'm bettin' on it.

Dayton 24
Angleton 20

Rushing                       Passing                    Defense
Year            Att   Yds      Avg    TD  PA   PC   Yds   TD Int Int
2009   (Jr.)  164   1,214    7.4     14  83   32   478    4   6   3
2008   (So.) 138   1,428   10.3    25  67   33   440    2   5   2
2007   (Fr.)  92     324      3.5      1  72   23   330    2   7 -

not a whole lot of difference... but I found this on rivals... total of 4214 coming into this season.

;D
Of course Green is going to have more yards.
He's a quarterback that throws and Diggs is basically a running back.
It'd be like comparing Tony Romo to Chris Johnson in the NFL.
Of course Romo is going to have more total yards.  If he didn't then it would be strange.

This isn't 2009, 2008 or 2007.
Diggs is better this year.

I'm not saying this is going to be enough to make them beat Dayton, but this isn't just a pretty good player like Dominic Merka or something we're talking about. 

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Hawkeye" post="834821" timestamp="1283167765"]
I think it's gonna be a close one. Diggs will score some, but I don't think our defense let's him just go "off". The real question is how much can Dayton score. The coaches have 2 weeks to correct some of the problems so hopefully we'll see the offense start to gel some. I'm bettin' on it.

Dayton 24
Angleton 20
[/quote] Dayton can score ALOT IF IF IF the can HOLD on to THAT BALL!!!!! They should have beaten Elkins, but the ball kept slipping :o out of Daytons hands...

[quote name="dayton" post="834853" timestamp="1283173362"]
I can't wait to see Diggs play. I have no doubt he's special. As long as Dayton wins, I'm good to go.
[/quote]

I honestly have sold all my Angleton stock, i have seen them for what they are.   below par coaching with great athletes on the field.

Stewart is going to rip Angelton to shreads.  I believe Dayton has a better defense then Friendswood, and due to Angletons need to prove they are great athletes will line-up man on Daytons WR's.

Honestly, id be suprised if Dayton didn't score 50 points on them and held them to 14.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="834869" timestamp="1283175264"]
Wow thats a wild prediction. Ill remember that one. 50 to 14 Dayton over Angleton
[/quote]

ive completely lost respect for Angelton after watching them scrimmage Lee, and seeing my prediction of a blow out (Made amongst my friends) by Friendswood.

Angelton suffers from a defective defensive startagy that lends itself to believe they are so superior athletically that they can just lineup and take you on. Angleton is small, fast, and prone to mental lapses. Offensively they are a one trick pony, that will be held to minimal yardage by a good to great defense.

Angleton 2010 reminds me of Cy-Ridge 08'....except smaller and more athletic across the board.  three teams with good to great defenses held Russel Shepard to less then 100 yards.

it really wouldn't suprise me to see Angelton's Diggs with less then 100 yards.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83