Angleton @ Dayton predictions!!!!!!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton will win this one similar to FW. Diggs will get some yards and some points, but Dayton is too miuch as a package. Angleton D secondary is weak, despite Diggs playing free safety,  and Dayton will score a lot of points. And I agree with the other poster, Elkins has some players and is a very good defense. Turnovers killed Dayton of course.

Dayton by 21.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="834877" timestamp="1283175871"]
Dayton will win this one similar to FW. Diggs will get some yards and some points, but Dayton is too miuch as a package. Angleton D secondary is weak, despite Diggs playing free safety,  and Dayton will score a lot of points. And I agree with the other poster, Elkins has some players and is a very good defense. [b]Turnovers killed Dayton of course[/b].

Dayton by 21.
[/quote]

common theme for a lot of teams early in the year...

fwstangs... Do you remember us playing you guys in '06 and our QB was going into the endzone untouched and just dropped the ball?? would've been going into the endzone on your left if you were sitting on the home side. That would have given us the lead (or a bigger lead, can't remember) and likely the game.

At least the TO's were forced this week. :D

[quote name="panamamyers" post="834849" timestamp="1283172738"]
;D
Of course Green is going to have more yards.
He's a quarterback that throws and Diggs is basically a running back.
It'd be like comparing Tony Romo to Chris Johnson in the NFL.
Of course Romo is going to have more total yards.  If he didn't then it would be strange.

This isn't 2009, 2008 or 2007.
Diggs is better this year.

I'm not saying this is going to be enough to make them beat Dayton, but this isn't just a pretty good player like Dominic Merka or something we're talking about. 
[/quote]

Diggs will be the best athlete Dayton plays all season, regardless of how deep they go in the playoffs. 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="836026" timestamp="1283301273"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=72157.msg834849#msg834849 date=1283172738]
;D
Of course Romo is going to have more total yards.  If he didn't then it would be strange.

I'm not saying this is going to be enough to make them beat Dayton, but this isn't just a pretty good player like Dominic Merka or something we're talking about.  
[/quote]

Diggs will be the best athlete Dayton plays all season, regardless of how deep they go in the playoffs.  
[/quote]

Jonathon Gray?  [b]If[/b] Dayton plays in the championship.

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="836026" timestamp="1283301273"]
;D
Of course Romo is going to have more total yards.  If he didn't then it would be strange.

[/quote]

[/quote]
well if he is a best athlete he cant throw so if his team needs him to pass he cant so you lose and i agree jonathan gray is amazing big fast and powerful

[quote name="panamamyers" post="835922" timestamp="1283292431"]
I don't know Hum...
I'd be extremely surprised if Diggs doesn't go for at least 150 yards rushing.
They might stop him for less than 3 yards on 20 of the carries.
It's those other 4 or 5 carries where he finds a crease.
[/quote]

You know, its always a possiblity.  But i tend to find that good defenses pretty much obliterate one deminsonal teams.

I used Humble as an example when going up against RS.  Ive seen diggs and RS both, and RS was a far superior athlete.

[quote name="dayton" post="834883" timestamp="1283176129"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72157.msg834877#msg834877 date=1283175871]
Dayton will win this one similar to FW. Diggs will get some yards and some points, but Dayton is too miuch as a package. Angleton D secondary is weak, despite Diggs playing free safety,  and Dayton will score a lot of points. And I agree with the other poster, Elkins has some players and is a very good defense. [b]Turnovers killed Dayton of course[/b].

Dayton by 21.
[/quote]

common theme for a lot of teams early in the year...

fwstangs... Do you remember us playing you guys in '06 and our QB was going into the endzone untouched and just dropped the ball?? would've been going into the endzone on your left if you were sitting on the home side. That would have given us the lead (or a bigger lead, can't remember) and likely the game.

At least the TO's were forced this week. :D
[/quote]

I was there but my memory is not as good as yours. There were alot of mistakes in several of our games, not always the prettiest football to watch!!

[quote name="liltex" post="836062" timestamp="1283304306"]
Possibly Diggs could be the best but Johnny Manziel(remember him in 08)a [email protected] he's a stud going in to his senior yr.Kerrville beat some valley team bad scoring over 70 pts.last week.Dayton will have to make the semi's to see him again and that's just too far down the road for now.
[/quote]

Manziel is a better QB than Diggs, but isn't anywhere near the athlete that Diggs is.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="836084" timestamp="1283305992"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=72157.msg836026#msg836026 date=1283301273]
;D
Of course Romo is going to have more total yards.  If he didn't then it would be strange.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jonathon Gray?  [b]If[/b] Dayton plays in the championship.
[/quote]

Jonathon Gray might be the best player in the state regardless of classification but I'll take Cayleb Jones WR from Austin High as the best.

[quote name="brenhambaseball" post="836098" timestamp="1283306738"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=72157.msg836026#msg836026 date=1283301273]
;D

[/quote]

[/quote]
well if he is a best athlete he cant throw so if his team needs him to pass he cant so you lose and i agree jonathan gray is amazing big fast and powerful
[/quote]

I know you guys have better English teachers than that in Brenham.  After reading that muddled gibberish it looks like you're saying that Diggs can't throw, so I lose.  How do I lose?  I'm not from Angleton.  I just said he's the best athlete that Dayton will play all year, NOT THE BEST QB.  Work on your reading comprehension and get back to me.  I apologize in advance if you're only 7, then this would all make a little more sense. 

I will be able to make my final prediction after Angletons game tonight againt Brazoswood. The D should be good this week. Got some key guys coming back from injury.Our passing defense should be good cuz we arent gonna see a passing team like Friendswood in the rest of the regular season.
But as of right now im gonna give Dayton a 10 point edge

To say our kicking game is good would be an understatement we are blessed with one of the best kickers in the state and he's only a sophomore !(45 yarder already)  Really hope we don't have to use him much (except for PAT's) ,but if we do he's money in the bank. If our offense jell's with our defense during this bye week I would have to say even with Diggs - Angleton might be in big trouble when they come to town .

I like our chances vs Angleton.  I just hope we don't rely too heavily on the QB drawing the defense to the sideline by rolling out before tossing a faux bubble screen on a read.  This bubble was super successful with AJ, but it's tough to break one open against a really quick team.  Then again, maybe the coaches see something I don't, because they do it for a living.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83