Southlake-Carroll caught up in cheating scandal

Guest ECBucFan
I say go after anyone who cheats, but for cryin' out loud, stuff like this has been rampant across Texas for years. Why such a big deal all of a sudden about this one kid? I am willing to bet someone with UIL connections is a direct rival of SL Carrol. No matter though, bust 'em anyways! 

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Hawkeye" post="831181" timestamp="1282840267"]
Cheaters never win! Oh wait.....in this case they do. In fact they win a lot!
[/quote]

Uhm... this guy might be losing, if I read correctly. I wish the UIL would have enough nerve to go after all the ones who live with their "aunt". The Katrina mess was horrible, too. There was reports of an impromptu "combine" being held by coaches in the Astrodome parking lot with the refugees... 

What else can you say?The senate gives themselves a nice raise in cost of living behind closed doors only to slam the door on the elderly,disabled and retired folks by claiming an increase was not in order as the cost of living went down.DUH where at?I say clean it all up top to bottom let the guilty get they're justice.Who said gambling wasn't allowed in Texas lol

How can this man own his own business, he has no common sense. The situation was simple to cover up, put the house on the market for like 100 million, that way no one will buy it and just stay in long term hotels for work purposes. This is typical of some of the higher powered schools though, cheating for their own gain. I remember hearing about a D1 prospect from New Orleans coming to Lumberton during Katrina and yet he ended up playing for another unnamed school. (Unnamed in case I'm actually wrong, you know how you hear things and it was in another classification.)

I feel bad for all of the players from SLC that have been following the rules, and yet they may be impacted by this.You have to feel bad for the families of the players too. I know that cheating,rule bending, etc. go on--but I believe the majority of the players are following the rules and still must deal with issues like this. :'(

[quote author=liltex link=topic=72077.msg831196#msg831196 date=1282842435]
What else can you say?The senate gives themselves a nice raise in cost of living behind closed doors only to slam the door on the elderly,disabled and retired folks by claiming an increase was not in order as the cost of living went down.DUH where at?I say clean it all up top to bottom let the guilty get they're justice.Who said gambling wasn't allowed in Texas lol

[size=12pt][color=red] Legal guardianship is the way to go.Beat'm every time!!  ;)[/color][/size]

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="831181" timestamp="1282840267"]
[/quote]All he has to do is do what the kid they call  "transfer" from Hj is doing. If he's elgible to play at his 3rd school in 3 years, then why punish this kid. Plz give this kid parents HJ's number ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Betrayed" post="831308" timestamp="1282859568"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=72077.msg831181#msg831181 date=1282840267]
[/quote]All he has to do is do what the kid they call  "transfer" from Hj is doing. If he's elgible to play at his 3rd school in 3 years, then why punish this kid. Plz give this kid parents HJ's number ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
Whats starting to scare me is there are about 3 posts on this page saying what the kid/parents should have done to make it "okay". I wonder why the kid didn't just play in his hometown of Choctaw? By the way, you can see where the kid gets his arm from, the Dad put some zip on that bag of ice! OUCH!

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="831509" timestamp="1282875314"]
This incident reminds of the mailbox in front of the empty lot in Dillon that Buddy Garrity put up!
When this nefarious plot was found out, Luke had to quit the Panthers and enroll at East Dillon.
[/quote] :D :D :D

Rumor has it the backup qb parents leaked this out to the news and they went with it.  That said, I feel for the kid.  I had heard that he was ruled in eligible by Oklahoma because the school failed to file the necessary transfer paperwork?  If this was any other school than SLC, this would not have been a story, but because he is a highly ranked qb and transferred to SLC, wfaa decides to go on a crusade.  Pretty sad imo.

[quote name="scooter!" post="832230" timestamp="1282957518"]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=72077.msg832217#msg832217 date=1282957366]
The family is appealing the decision...I think they will end ruling him eligible in the end
[/quote]i dont know, that district they're in doesnt want him there
[/quote]

Not sure what district Keller is in, but of the 7 votes, all 3 yes votes were from Keller. 

On a side note, everything I hear is that even with Daxx @ qb, SLC is not as good as they have been in years past.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Fly-out to RF ends the inning.  3 outs for a trip to the regional finals/state quarterfinals.     Chester up 11-8.  Brookeland coming to the plate with 2-3-4.
    • Nicholls as you all likely know must lose to McNeese tomorrow for Lamar to be the out right conference champion. That is what most of us want to see.   With that said here's an odd scenario that could happen. There are 3 games left in conference play as Northwestern is playing out of conference and 2 of the 4 series are complete.  The aforementioned Nicholls vs McNeese and 2 games in the UIW and HCU series are left to play. If Nicholls wins and UIW spilts with HCU there will be a 4 way tie for 5th. McNeese, Southeastern. Corpus, and UIW would all sit at 10-14.  No idea on the conference tie breaker for tournament seeds. Truly wish the conference had a better website that already stated this as well as the tiebreaker scenario.  It has been one fun season and see you all in Hammond Wednesday. Well, some of you. Go Cards!! Uncle Spidey...you da man!!!  Snakehead, thanks for the updates.  Everyone else, have a great summer and enjoy what's left of the college baseball season. 
    • K for Chester to lead off.  Great diving catch in CF by Coulter for Brookeland for out 2.
    • Getting heated with the coaches for Brookeland and the umps.  I’m not quite sure what is going on.  Brookeland coaches contending the fans are cheering too loud.  
    • Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?
  • Topics