Players to watch this season

Gloves?  In the gym?  You "hope and change" believers are supposed to be better than that.  You are supposed to be intellectually superior and dont need to resort to violence to make your point.  After all, people like Dan Quayle, George Bush, and Me just dont have the mental  equipment to deal with the enlightened, right?  I think the "enlightened" are about to get a gigantic wake up call.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="whsalum" post="872696" timestamp="1286846660"]
Who would have thought the new world order would be directly tied to the order of finish in 21 aaa.
[/quote]

Yes as long as the Tigers finish first the world will survive  otherwise prepare yourself!!!

[quote name="stevenash" post="872187" timestamp="1286814636"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=71516.msg872022#msg872022 date=1286803243]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=71516.msg872000#msg872000 date=1286799853]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=71516.msg871913#msg871913 date=1286767802]
The truth hurts sometimes.
[/quote]

Dove- Please do tell- Please define "truth" in your last statement.  Is the "truth" that HF will be the 2012 state champs?  Cant find that in the dicitionary.  Is the "truth" that HJ can no longer compete for the top in their district?  I think that "truth" is merely the "prognostication" of one who considers himself a purveyor of the "truth".  Perhaps the "truth" is the word/words that flow from disenchanted fans/wannabe coaches who again become self appointed "truthsayers".  Gee, as far as the subject matter, I am unable to find how the "truth" can be told about future events.  Does the trite/hackneyed saying "sometimes the truth hurts" apply to an event that hasn't taken place yet?  Excuse me, I must be out of touch.  I always thought that the "truth" pertained to events that had already taken place and could, therefore, be substantiated and documented.  If the truth is as you(and a couple of others) portray it, then why not contact the UIL and tell them that HF and Silsbee should be, at THIS time, be awarded the top playoff spots.  If they ask you why, just tell em "its the truth".  I am sure they will happily accept that as formal documentation.  And, while you are at it, let them know that all rules have been complied with for the foreign "students".  That is the "truth", isn't it.
[/quote]

Okay Stevie. We'll walk on faith and belief. Those two words have brought this nation a long way and I'm sure faith will bring out some truth in your non-believing soul in 2011-2012 season.
[/quote]

Be careful with that "faith and belief stuff".  A well know person got his current position promising "change we could believe in".  My guess is that the Nov elections may send a strong message that the general public is no longer drinking the kool-aid.
[/quote]Hold on here! Seems like Stevienash is displaying a little hidden racism here! Watch yourself! Most can read between the lines here!

[quote name="Painless1" post="872811" timestamp="1286854586"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=71516.msg872187#msg872187 date=1286814636]
[/quote]

Dove- Please do tell- Please define "truth" in your last statement.  Is the "truth" that HF will be the 2012 state champs?  Cant find that in the dicitionary.  Is the "truth" that HJ can no longer compete for the top in their district?  I think that "truth" is merely the "prognostication" of one who considers himself a purveyor of the "truth".  Perhaps the "truth" is the word/words that flow from disenchanted fans/wannabe coaches who again become self appointed "truthsayers".  Gee, as far as the subject matter, I am unable to find how the "truth" can be told about future events.  Does the trite/hackneyed saying "sometimes the truth hurts" apply to an event that hasn't taken place yet?  Excuse me, I must be out of touch.  I always thought that the "truth" pertained to events that had already taken place and could, therefore, be substantiated and documented.  If the truth is as you(and a couple of others) portray it, then why not contact the UIL and tell them that HF and Silsbee should be, at THIS time, be awarded the top playoff spots.  If they ask you why, just tell em "its the truth".  I am sure they will happily accept that as formal documentation.  And, while you are at it, let them know that all rules have been complied with for the foreign "students".  That is the "truth", isn't it.
[/quote]

Okay Stevie. We'll walk on faith and belief. Those two words have brought this nation a long way and I'm sure faith will bring out some truth in your non-believing soul in 2011-2012 season.
[/quote]

Be careful with that "faith and belief stuff".  A well know person got his current position promising "change we could believe in".  My guess is that the Nov elections may send a strong message that the general public is no longer drinking the kool-aid.
[/quote]Hold on here! Seems like Stevienash is displaying a little hidden racism here! Watch yourself! Most can read between the lines here!
[/quote]

Digging pretty deep to find the race card huh?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Hes not a hidden raciss, hes a card carring member of the Tea Party.  ;D But wait I think thats the same thing

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]HIdden racism?  - Unworthy of a response

[quote name="sleepy" post="872983" timestamp="1286892756"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=71516.msg872960#msg872960 date=1286890535]
More reasons to see HJ go down. C'mom Silsbee, we're rooting for you to dethrone HJ THIS YEAR  :D
[/quote]
Dethrone?  Silsbee has the throne!
[/quote]If you listen to *some* HJ parties, it seems like they own the district and everybody else is just there to fill the schedule.  ;D

[quote name="whsalum" post="872851" timestamp="1286858074"]
How in the world could you connect the Tea Party and racism ??? Having a little common sense in no way makes you a racist ;)
[/quote]OK the Tea Party is not RACIS. They are just anti black anti Mex. and anti Mid Easteran ??? ???

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="873006" timestamp="1286894501"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=71516.msg872983#msg872983 date=1286892756]
More reasons to see HJ go down. C'mom Silsbee, we're rooting for you to dethrone HJ THIS YEAR  :D
[/quote]
[/quote]If you listen to *some* HJ parties, it seems like they own the district and everybody else is just there to fill the schedule.  ;D
[/quote]

Sorry that is you putting words in peoples mouths.  Whether you like it or not HJ has a very storied program and is one of the most consistant in the state of Texas.  You just don't like to admit that.

[quote name="sleepy" post="873050" timestamp="1286897254"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=71516.msg873006#msg873006 date=1286894501]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=71516.msg872983#msg872983 date=1286892756]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sorry that is you putting words in peoples mouths.  Whether you like it or not HJ has a very storied program and is one of the most consistant in the state of Texas.  You just don't like to admit that.
[/quote]Contrary to some popular beliefs, I know this and I'm jealous of your program.

[quote name="whsalum" post="872851" timestamp="1286858074"]
How in the world could you connect the Tea Party and racism ??? Having a little common sense in no way makes you a racist ;)
[/quote]

the tea party is nothing new.  it's a movement of the more active members of the GOP.  the whole thing was founded by republicans on the platform of lower taxes and smaller government, but it wasn't formed by everyday people, it was formed by conservative republicans.  i don't understand why people think it's so shocking that a lot of tea-partiers get labeled racist.  some of them are.  also, their ultra-conservative social agendas are going to keep many of them from making it into office.  people may be sick and tired of big government and overspending by the democrats, but that doesn't mean they're ready to burn homosexuals on the stake or ban abortion in the case of rape or incest.  this is one of the things the republicans/tea partiers better realize, or they aren't going to see nearly the gains they might be expecting.  i've been a liberal democrat for years, mostly based on social stances, but i honestly do want to see spending reforms made.  i wouldn't mind seeing some republicans take back over, but i don't want one who makes a comment such as "I don't want children to be brainwashed into thinking homosexuality is acceptable".  I don't want one who is ignorant enough to not see the value of the separation of church and state.  Republicans can't treat this is as another republican mandate.  Remember Newt Gingrich in 94?  He and other republicans mistook big gains in the house and senate as support for republican policy, when in fact it was simply voters wanting ANYTHING but democrats in office.  The GOP got so conservative with their policy, thinking they could do whatever they want, that they managed to take big losses in the 98 elections after scaring off the moderate and disenchanted democrats.  that WILL happen again if some of the tea-party wackos take support for their party as support for all of their wacked out conservative beliefs, and not just support for lower taxes and smaller government.   

you're welcome.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Has everyone forgot about Vidor this year? Senior Danny Riddick who is 6'9 and has been starting for three years and the sophomore sensation from last year who moved over from westbrook fresh to the squad who is also 6'6. Just saying watch out for Vidor this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zaltameknu
    Newest Member
    zaltameknu