21-3A Next Year

BC Cardinals were real young last year and went to the semi-finals.  Orangefield graduated quite a lot.

Tradition and a host of seasoned playoff-level returnees wins the District for BC.  Forrest Zoch and Super Sophomore, Hayden Guidry dominate the Pitching in 21-3A.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't go to sleep on HF. The Horns have some fire power and they are bringing back 7 starters.
If they stay healthy, they will be contenders. Though, no matter what happens, there are a lot of
fine young ball players in 21AAA and it will be another exciting season.

• 2 weeks later...
Bridge City (Menard, Dishon, Hubbard, Smith, Zoch, Mulholland) and WOS (Anderson, Darnall, Thomas, Droulliard, Finney, Hucko, Mitchell) are both returning very solid teams, i could see the dictrict champion being either one of them. It will come down to their head-to-head games. As for the third spot, I have to go with silsbee. If they can score runs, then they will win. They had a decent pitching staff last year (Brown & Flowers) and they're getting their two best pitchers back this year from surgery (Scoggins & Jenkins).

• 3 weeks later...
Bridge City always produces quality contenders and are well coached. WOS coach is outstanding about getting the most from his guys. HF, Silsbee, and OF are the wildcards here. Can OF reload from losing a ton of talent? Can Silsbee come together as a team with the return of their pitching? Can HFs pitching be consistent as their young bats have now matured? Coaching is the key from these 3. Lets see who can pull it together when the races heat up. Good luck to all. Look forward to an EPIC district race in 2011.

• 1 month later...
[quote name="baseballjunkie" post="840329" timestamp="1283789978"]
Bridge City (Menard, Dishon, Hubbard, Smith, Zoch, Mulholland) and WOS (Anderson, Darnall, Thomas, Droulliard, Finney, Hucko, Mitchell) are both returning very solid teams, i could see the dictrict champion being either one of them. It will come down to their head-to-head games. As for the third spot, I have to go with silsbee. If they can score runs, then they will win. They had a decent pitching staff last year (Brown & Flowers) and they're getting their two best pitchers back this year from surgery (Scoggins & Jenkins).
[/quote]

droulliard is now playing at lcm! thats a huge loss for wos and a big addition for lcm!

[quote name="venom33" post="910483" timestamp="1289916303"]
[quote author=baseballjunkie link=topic=71400.msg840329#msg840329 date=1283789978]
[/quote]

droulliard is now playing at lcm! thats a huge loss for wos and a big addition for lcm!
[/quote]

venom, agree with you, kid can play.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="910816" timestamp="1289939906"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=71400.msg910483#msg910483 date=1289916303]
[quote author=baseballjunkie link=topic=71400.msg840329#msg840329 date=1283789978]
[/quote]

[/quote]

venom, agree with you, kid can play.
[/quote]

A lineup with all those bats returning for wos would've been a force to recon with. Just Droiullard and Darnall back to back in a lineup would be a misery for pitchers. He is a dang good outfielder too with a cannon. This is a big loss for the mustangs. do we know why he made the move?

• 2 weeks later...
HF has a lot of young talent this year. Last year they were plagued by last inning heart break losses, which in the end kept them out of the playoffs. Even with only two seniors they were a mere one game back. Two district losses in the bottom of the 7th will kill ya. I see the horns making a good run this year.

[quote name="East TX" post="928922" timestamp="1291848258"]
I see it ending with: 

#1 BC
#2 OF
#3 tie  WOS & H-F,  with a playin game for third to represent 3rd in the playoffs.

of is returning 2 players..wos is returning basically their whole team..so this doesnt make sense..and hf shouldnt even be in this conversation..if they make any noise it would suprise a LOT of people. they lost logan johnson..the only reason they won last year..

[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="poseidon" post="826809" timestamp="1282148427"]
The race will be for third BC and WOS will be one and two.
[/quote]

After seeing Silsbee's pitchers at Lamars camp I have to change my pridiction to say Silsbee will challenge BC for the top spot, and I think the loss of Droullard will push WOS down to 3rd.

[quote name="poseidon" post="936778" timestamp="1292893814"]
[quote author=poseidon link=topic=71400.msg826809#msg826809 date=1282148427]
The race will be for third BC and WOS will be one and two.
[/quote]

After seeing Silsbee's pitchers at Lamars camp I have to change my pridiction to say Silsbee will challenge BC for the top spot, and I think the loss of Droullard will push WOS down to 3rd.
[/quote]

wos still has a bunch of good returning hitters and two solid starters in anderson and darnall. in district all you need is two of em. silsbee is returning all the same hitters that didnt hit last year.. gotta score runs to win reguardless.. wos can.. but i have my doubts about silsbee's offense. you are correct about their pitching staff though, they had a good showing at lamar. they look like they will beat some teams.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder