WO-S vs. Nederland Predictions?

like i have always said SPEED dont always win football games.ok i know what your going to say BUT IT HELPS lol. this is the way i look at west orange this year #1.someone better go out and FIND the chain gang,thay are lost and cant find there way back.if west orange cant play any better  BIG D than thay have in the past couple years ,GOING TO BE A LONG SEASON. #2 i  sit in the stands on friday nights and watch the mustangs pass the ball 40 yards are more with the QB running for his life (NOT GOOD).there must be some plays in the playbook that says short passes work ,i love slant quick passes myself.ok back to the game,this will be a good game TURNOVERS will be the KEY    wo-s by 3 points

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe some of the off the wall predictions Im reading. After what Dayton did to WOS I would not get to carried away with my predictions. Nederland on the other hand had a good scrimmage against FB. I was told by a Nederland coach that they have much more depth this season than last. Especially on defense. I look for a good game. Nederland should win this.

[quote name="skipper" post="826314" timestamp="1282053625"]
aggie was friendswood coaching staff there someplace.i feel sure thay all left with smiles on there faces becouse thay did not see much  ;D
[/quote]

I have no idea, don't know those guys.

There were a couple of other coaching staffs there in the visitor stands, just don't know who they were. I don't know if any were on the home side.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="826308" timestamp="1282052760"]
I can't believe some of the off the wall predictions Im reading. After what Dayton did to WOS I would not get to carried away with my predictions. Nederland on the other hand had a good scrimmage against FB. I was told by a Nederland coach that they have much more depth this season than last. Especially on defense. I look for a good game. Nederland should win this.
[/quote]

I think that all real Mustang fans know this will be a close game. Even the last couple of years, even with the final score being lopsided, the games were close until late in the gameor second half.

ok this is gonna sound rude but it seems like the only way to tell you guys that WOS is still a million miles ahead of Nederland! We had our worst season in about 6 years last season and easily dominated nederland last year! And say what ya'll want about the dayton scrimmage but we actually played it like a scrimmage and looked to fill holes and tried certain plays out, while dayton played it like a serious game. And i dont see how anyone can say anything bad about our defense. We have a great defense each and every year, you cant just a defense by one bad game! Once we get the right people in the right places everything will be fine! Watch!!

[quote name="texans" post="826619" timestamp="1282096100"]
Dont make excuses wos played to win. Their qb played the whole game our qb played 1 series in the third, took out the starting running back and by the 4th quarter most starters were out. 
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I saw #8 in there as QB quite a bit for WOS in the second half.  But, hey, that's no excuse.  Dayton "won" the scrimmage, if you are wanting to mark it down in your books....

[quote name="the-riot07" post="826608" timestamp="1282094951"]
ok this is gonna sound rude but it seems like the only way to tell you guys that WOS is still a million miles ahead of Nederland! We had our worst season in about 6 years last season and easily dominated nederland last year! And say what ya'll want about the dayton scrimmage but we actually played it like a scrimmage and looked to fill holes and tried certain plays out, while dayton played it like a serious game. And i dont see how anyone can say anything bad about our defense. We have a great defense each and every year, you cant just a defense by one bad game! Once we get the right people in the right places everything will be fine! Watch!!
[/quote]
That's the kind of thinking that lead Mike Tyson to get whipped by Buster Douglas.  You ALWAYS respect your opponent.  It's a good thing the WO-S coaching staff doesn't think like you do, and I KNOW the players will be following their lead.  Gasilla was on the mark - "real" Mustang fans know this will be a close game.  

[/quote]

From where I was standing (WOS sidelines) it looked to me as though both teams were playing hard. To say one team took the scrimmage serious and the other didn't is ridiculous.

I saw up close some very upset WOS coaches. They looked serious to me.

I agree with Gas and Griff, this will be a close game.

first off,i got to say this to you folks in nederland.the game between wo-s and nederland was a HEART BRAKER for you guys and gals there in nederland.once the QB who was one of the (BEST) around got his leg broken things turned around it took alot of presser off the mustangs  so called chain gang. i look at it this way ,if he did not get hurt it would have been a very close game.i wish both teams all the luck this year.

[/quote]
Not sure if you saw the same game I saw last year. WOS got lucky on a pick in their red zone and the game was closer than the score. Not to mention that we lost our starting QB, but thats part of football. I would not say that WOS dominated, plus we were not that strong either. No prediction, should be a very good game to start the season.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="827169" timestamp="1282192029"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=71388.msg826608#msg826608 date=1282094951]
[/quote]
Not sure if you saw the same game I saw last year. [b]WOS got lucky [/b] on a pick in their red zone and the game was closer than the score. Not to mention that we lost our starting QB, but thats part of football. I would not say that WOS dominated, plus we were not that strong either. No prediction, should be a very good game to start the season.
[/quote]

how funny, wos got lucky... losing your qb is chalked up to being "part of football" but getting an int in the red zone was all luck?  some things never change.  :-\

[quote name="venom33" post="827174" timestamp="1282198181"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=71388.msg827169#msg827169 date=1282192029]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=71388.msg826608#msg826608 date=1282094951]
[/quote]
Not sure if you saw the same game I saw last year. [b]WOS got lucky [/b] on a pick in their red zone and the game was closer than the score. Not to mention that we lost our starting QB, but thats part of football. I would not say that WOS dominated, plus we were not that strong either. No prediction, should be a very good game to start the season.
[/quote]

how funny, wos got lucky... losing your qb is chalked up to being "part of football" but getting an int in the red zone was all luck?  [glow=red,2,300]some things never change[/glow].   :-\
[/quote]It was a good game last year and the chips fell the stangs way...And it was not luck it was good d-fence in the red zone...I think it will be a little better game this season..Please don't judge all Bulldog fans because of one statement  made  ;)

Bulldog8, now that I know you, don't tell me that you are one of those old school Bulldog fans who think when other teams do well it was luck but when your team does well it was skill and good coaching, are you? Please say it ain't so... Bulldog fans have come a long way over the last couple of years, we ALL have those one or 2 who just can't be objective, but you didn't strike me as one of those.

This is not the same team Nederland had last year. There defense is on a whole other level from last season. There QB is more experienced. They have a really nice recieving core. Im still unsure of there running game. The coach from Nederland I spoke with didnt mention there running game. If the Nederland team last season had a defense that could slow down the run and the big plays they would have been real good. This defense should help that problem alot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin