WO-S vs. Nederland Predictions?

[quote name="GrayDog" post="823375" timestamp="1281113991"]
Basebow, you've been on the diamond too much, we are talking football here!  BTW, I was referring to the WOS game last year, not the whole season...
[/quote]not enough..... I got what you were trying to say..It just rubbed me a little wrong no big deal. 'O' this is football  :D

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nederland is supposed to be pretty good this year and i am expecting them to be. But in my opinion we have way too many weapons with way too much speed for them. Our defense is bigger and faster and more mature in the defensive backfield and linebacker spots. And im sure nederland still remembers our justin thomas picking them off 3 times in the first half last season, oh and he is back and even better haha. We have a very talented team this year and i expect big things from this team and so do all of the coaches which is why they made this extremely tough pre season schedule. I believe if we survive the preseason with no key injuries we will be the team to beat. But as we all know anything can happen so we will have to wait and see.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="823500" timestamp="1281152979"]
Went to watch the WOS 3 on 3 today for the first day of pads. The biggest thing I noticed is that we have WAY more size than usual. We have big kids and a bunch of them. Very unusual for us. I owe Skipper an apology, we actually ARE big this year.
[/quote]

They must have grew alot because WOS was extremely small last year.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="823671" timestamp="1281226997"]
You will see in about 3 weeks... Several big Sophomores and Juniors
[/quote]

Good to hear. WOS always has athletes but seldom have the size needed on the line. JMO

[quote name="mat" post="823672" timestamp="1281227581"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71388.msg823671#msg823671 date=1281226997]
[/quote]

Good to hear. WOS always has athletes but seldom have the size needed on the line. JMO
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="823675" timestamp="1281227821"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=71388.msg823672#msg823672 date=1281227581]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71388.msg823671#msg823671 date=1281226997]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree.
[/quote] Gas, the Line looks bigger and Coach Bassinger is back. 8)

Having an insider’s vantage point...the O-Line is much improved physically and mentally. The smallest kid on the O-line is the center and his just a mere 6' 215lbs. You will see a WO-S team unlike anything you've seen in recent years. Reminiscent of the teams of the mid-to late 80's.  ;)

Well, I for one am not making any lofty predictions. I have merely stated what I saw at the practice I went to last friday for the yearly 3 on 3. There is no doubt our lineman are bigger and there are more of them. Whether that will be what is needed to get us over the hump remains to be seen. But, it is definitely different than anything we have seen in recent years and it's got me excited about our chances.

[quote name="kirby1991" post="824794" timestamp="1281598394"]
Too early to say wo-s vs nederland but it should be a exciting match up.
[/quote]Hopefully better than last year..I think we(dogs) may be a little bigger on the line and a little more athletic..Skilled postions looking solid ..I guess I can say I am a little impressed with the Dogs ;)

[quote name="hatethatpurple!" post="824781" timestamp="1281586388"]
It would be nice to see them win another championship!
[/quote]

Indeed it would, sir! We have had championship caliber skill people over the last few years, but there has been something missing. I've felt our size up front has hurt us deep in the playoffs on a few occasions. I guess we will see if that was correct or not. Size should not be the issue this year, neither should depth on the line. 

i say wos 42....ned 10... wos defence should be very solid this year with alot of speed and more experienced than last year.. and there offence will be very dominating if the key players dont get hurt...they have a QB that can throw it on the money just about every time.. and a good solid RB that was just a soph last year.. and a WR that is 6'4 and going to University of houston... and alot of other good WR...plus there o-line is alot bigger than last year... i look for them to do alot of good things this year

[quote name="fbfan09" post="824959" timestamp="1281645014"]
i say wos 42....ned 10... wos defence should be very solid this year with alot of speed and more experienced than last year.. and there offence will be very dominating if the key players dont get hurt...they have a QB that can throw it on the money just about every time.. and a good solid RB that was just a soph last year.. and a WR that is 6'4 and going to University of houston... and alot of other good WR...plus there o-line is alot bigger than last year... i look for them to do alot of good things this year
[/quote]

For God sakes, spell check it.

Nederland by a touchdown

[quote name="fbfan09" post="824959" timestamp="1281645014"]
[glow=red,2,300]i say wos 42....ned 10... [/glow] wos defence should be very solid this year with alot of speed and more experienced than last year.. and there offence will be very dominating if the key players dont get hurt...they have a QB that can throw it on the money just about every time.. and a good solid RB that was just a soph last year.. and a WR that is 6'4 and going to University of houston... and alot of other good WR...plus there o-line is alot bigger than last year... i look for them to do alot of good things this year
[/quote]I kinda like this no respect stuff .. Keep under radar Dogs you will be just fine ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder