Vidor vs. Texas High

Hello Vidor and SoutheastTx football fans,

I'm from East Texas and not to far from Texas High. I thought I would give you a little information about Texas High football for the upcoming 2010 season.

The Vidor game with Texas High may be played at Longview's Lobo stadium.??? Can anyone from Vidor confirm this ?

Texas High is a very large 4A school. They reported 1989 students  for the UIL count. Texas High won state in 4A in 2002. This year the Tigers return a solid defense, but are looking for a new QB. They also have a good running back. The Tigers have good size, but are not huge.

Texas High competes in  district 13-4A. Their schedule in 2010 has lots of travel. They are going all the way to Bentonville, Ark near Fayetteville for a game.

Look for some fast athletes on the field for Texas High. They are well coached and I look forward to a good season. The Tiger fans travel well and if the game is indeed in Longview about 90 miles from Texarkana, there will be plenty of orange clad Tiger fans there.

If anyone can confirm the game location in Longview, it would be appreciated. Longview has returned to 5A this year and will be away on the night of the TX. High Vidor game.    

Any comments on Vidor's season outlook will be appreciated. Good luck to Vidor in 2010

Welcome, texark66.

When Vidor sent out the schedule with their ticket packages, they listed the game as being in Longview, so until further notice that is about official as it gets.

Thanks for the info on Texas High, I do follow them a bit as their coach, Barry Norton, was formerly the offensive coordinator at WO-S.  He has done real well up there.

Which part of East Texas do you hail from?

Near Pittsburg Texas. I grew up in Texarkana, my hometown and still have a lot of family there. I'm about 70 miles away from Texarkana. I'm retired and live in the country. Pittsburg was my wife's hometown.

I follow all the Texarkana teams, but I like the Tigers and their athletic program the best. I will admit 3A Texarkana Pleasant Grove is doing very well. This years 3A state baseball champs. PG also won the 3A title in golf.

Thanks for all the welcomes . I appreciate good high school football. Your area has some outstanding teams. I'm also an avid track fan and know about the speed teams in your area .

I'm not sure if you all have seen the Tigers football schedule for 2010. So I will post it with a few comments. A huge amount of travel involved this year for Texas High.

[u][b]Texas High Tigers 2010 Football schedule  :[/b][/u]

1. [b]August 27th [/b]- Vidor @ Longview Lobo Stadium - Season opener for the Tigers. Should be a great game. The last time Texas High played @ Longview Lobo Stadium was two years ago and the now 5-A Lobos roughed up Texas High. I might add, it is nice to see the Lobos back in 5A.

2. [b]September 3rd [/b]- @ Jacksonville - Game will be played at the historic Tomato Bowl in downtown Jacksonville. The Tigers held off the Indians last year in Bi-District @ SFA. This will a tough  road game.

3. [b]September 10th [/b]- Texarkana Ark High - This is the  "battle of the border" in the twin cities. The Tigers have roasted the Razorbacks of late. Game will be the home opener for the Tigers. Always a huge crowd.

4. [b]September 17th[/b] @ Bentonville, Ark - About a three hundred mile trip one way to Northwest, Ark. Bentonville is the pre- season # 1 team in Ark (7A). The largest classification in Ark. This will be a very tough game for the Tigers. Playing in Arkansas is different then playing in Texas for sure. A great former Tiger star plays at the nearby University of Ark. That name is Ryan Mallett.

5.[b] September 24th[/b]  Royse City - 13-4A district opener @ Home. A small 4-A school and a win should be expected for Texas High

6. [b]October 1st[/b]- @ Dension - The Yellowjackets went a long way in the 4A playoffs last season. They were hit hard by graduation. Another long trip for Texas High, but this should be a great game.

7.[b] October 8th[/b] - Sherman @ Home - A lot of football fans in 13-4A expect this game will decide district. The Tigers are at home, but this will be "barn burner" from start to finish.

8. [b] October 15th[/b] @ Greenville - The Lions have a new coach. Texas High has been in the same district with Greenville from time to time. This could be a track meet with plenty of speed on both sides of the ball for  each team.

9.[b] October 22[/b] Mt. Pleasant @ Home. The other Tigers in 13-4A come to Texarkana to play. The year the Tigers won state 2002 the MP Tigers put the only L on the Tigers record. MP also has a new coach.

10. [b]October 29th[/b] - @ Sulphur Springs - The Wildcats are a battled tested team that have made some long runs and won a state championship not long ago. Always a close game

[b]November 5th[/b] - Open

[b]Note - If Texas High and Sherman [/b]make the playoffs they will go into DIV I as they are the largest schools in the district.

Vidor had a nice team last year, with a big offensive line and strong runners.  I understand that most of them graduated, and they are not expected to be very good this year.  I hope they can make a game of it, but I'm afraid TH will be too much for them as they try to rebuild.

[quote name="westend1" post="816819" timestamp="1278614061"]
Vidor had a nice team last year, with a big offensive line and strong runners.   I understand that most of them graduated, and they are not expected to be very good this year.   I hope they can make a game of it, but I'm afraid TH will be too much for them as they try to rebuild.
[/quote] Hope Vidor can keep it close as well but TX High will be way to much.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="816843" timestamp="1278619260"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=70899.msg816819#msg816819 date=1278614061]
Vidor had a nice team last year, with a big offensive line and strong runners.   I understand that most of them graduated, and they are not expected to be very good this year.   I hope they can make a game of it, but I'm afraid TH will be too much for them as they try to rebuild.
[/quote] Hope Vidor can keep it close as well but TX High will be way to much.
[/quote]
i agree i dont think it will be close. i think TH will run away with this game

it is nice to see that vidors coach decided to play a tougher schedule in preseason this will help them i think, but i have to say this has the makings of a blowout . i just hope vidor doesnt quit and give up it is a rebuilding year for them and i think victories will be hard to come by as we always have a tough district good luck to both teams

Guest jhamilton
I watched the Texas High and Marshall game last year and TH was big last year. Really big on the lines and thought they had quiet a few kids coming back. I was very impressed and very well coach team.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Now don't count out the underdogs. Them boys in Vidor got a lot of heart. It should be a good game. You can count it that i will be there.

Arkansas does have a 7A and 6A classification. The way I understand it is the class 1 A schools do not play football. Lots of tiny schools in Ark. The school that Texas High play, Bentonville  is large by Ark. standards around 3,100 in grades 9-12.

If anyone is interested, click or paste this link below for more Ark H.S. sports information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Activities_Association#Class_7A.2F6A

[quote name="texark66" post="817325" timestamp="1278783502"]
Arkansas does have a 7A and 6A classification. The way I understand it is the class 1 A schools do not play football. Lots of tiny schools in Ark. The school that Texas High play, Bentonville  is large by Ark. standards around 3,100 in grades 9-12.

If anyone is interested, click or paste this link below for more Ark H.S. sports information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Activities_Association#Class_7A.2F6A

[/quote]

Yep, I live there now.  Maybe I can go to this one and see at least one texas high school football game.  Bentonville pulls from several smaller areas that do not have school districts such as Bella Vista, Centerton, and also parts of Rogers.  The city of Bentonville only has about 20,000 people living there.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder