i will ask you this

skipper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Silsbee88

The Jr high kids win every year(8th grade)! They lost 2 games last year and have lost only one this year (8th grade). Tiger12 play nice now!

Silsbee will continue to win at the 7th & 8th grades as long as they have some good athletes. However, my statment was that in order to be the most they can be at the varsity level, there must be a program built from 7th grade up, same coaching philosophy.

Silsbee will continue to win at the 7th & 8th grades as long as they have some good athletes. However' date=' my statment was that in order to be the most they can be at the varsity level, there must be a program built from 7th grade up, same coaching philosophy.[/quote']

So whos philosophy are they following. I know the JR high guy real well and he is a I-wing guy straight 50 and they run the veer and strong egale just like the high school!

fair enough Champion........I wouldn't bash my boss on a public forum either!

Buna X2

Shephard X2

Cold Spring X2

(should we really brag about these wins)

Kirbyville x2 (fair enough they did do well)

Jasper 1-1 and if they wanted to beat us the first time they would have (MOYE in the second half)

Palestine - well make all the excuses necessary but if you want to be considered GOOD then you have to be able to beat thse caliber teams.

OF - alot closer than should be

BC - about what it should have been

HF - OMG!

WOS - ??????

Yes we are winning and that is GREAT, but we have the athletes to do this anyway........should be making a statement!

fair enough Champion........I wouldn't bash my boss on a public forum either!

Buna X2

Shephard X2

Cold Spring X2

(should we really brag about these wins)

Kirbyville x2 (fair enough they did do well)

Jasper 1-1 and if they wanted to beat us the first time they would have (MOYE in the second half)

Palestine - well make all the excuses necessary but if you want to be considered GOOD then you have to be able to beat thse caliber teams.

OF - alot closer than should be

BC - about what it should have been

HF - OMG!

WOS - ??????

Yes we are winning and that is GREAT' date=' but we have the athletes to do this anyway........should be making a statement![/quote']

You know me better than that I will never bash my boss in public or in private he is a good man! Wins are wins I will take them anyday all day!

OK' date=' he has had 7 games, and as I stated before it takes athletes and experience to run the veer effectively. The one drawback to running a veer is turnovers! If I am correct and I think I am, this kid has never been a QB before this year. I know that he came in at the end of last season against Palestine and started this year. But this is his first year under center.

I do not disagree that Silsbee is looking not looking to WIN but NOT TO LOSE.[/quote']

He was the Qb for the JV when he was a soph and the back up last year.

you're right, I didn't mean it that way! I appoligize!

Wins are wins.......but it's still disapointing looking at the caliber of wins and one can ONLY wonder what will come of the playoffs (and we WILL make the playoffs) if we can't do any better than that against teams we should be pounding!

I'm done here I think I've more than made my point!

I would imagine that there are still some parts of the offense that have been held back. Not a knock against any team they have played so far. No need to show all your cards until it is necessary. A win is a win and the kids actually get more out of a close game then if they went out and "pounded" their opponents like you said.

Every offense and defense has their own tendencies. This does not mean that there is anything wrong with Silsbee's offense. They are just like every other football team.

Let's be real here.....we're dealing with kids. Kids make mistakes on occassion. Here we are going into week 7 with 2 teams battling for the district lead. Whether they have mistakes in past games or not they have a grand total of 1 loss between the 2 teams. That says a lot about the talent of the kids and coaching abilities on both sides. There is one Beaumont school with probably more talent than both of these squads whose season is now a wash. We can argue schemes or whatever else but no one can deny the fact that both of these schools have had success. There have been numerous play calls over the years...not just this one... where I have scratched my head, but I am not the coach nor have I ever been to school to learn coaching. I personally would have loved to see more I-back packages this season, but I can not argue the fact that Silsbee is winning. I would bet there has been at least one play call from the coaches at WOS that has left a few fans raising their eyebrows as well. It is the natural of the beast for being a fan.

Dang, normally our opponents are getting after us. Yall are getting after each other. Let me save yall.....................

WOS will POUND Silsbee this week!!!!!!

There ya go, now you can yell at me instead!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I might not believe that, but im trying to keep yall from killing each other :D

Guest maverick24
Let's be real here.....we're dealing with kids. Kids make mistakes on occassion. Here we are going into week 7 with 2 teams battling for the district lead. Whether they have mistakes in past games or not they have a grand total of 1 loss between the 2 teams. That says a lot about the talent of the kids and coaching abilities on both sides. There is one Beaumont school with probably more talent than both of these squads whose season is now a wash. We can argue schemes or whatever else but no one can deny the fact that both of these schools have had success. There have been numerous play calls over the years...not just this one... where I have scratched my head' date=' but I am not the coach nor have I ever been to school to learn coaching. I personally would have loved to see more I-back packages this season, but I can not argue the fact that Silsbee is winning. I would bet there has been at least one play call from the coaches at WOS that has left a few fans raising their eyebrows as well. It is the natural of the beast for being a fan.[/quote']I love the fact that you think there is a team in Beaumont with better talent than WOS lets be real!!!!

Guest airitout123

Silsbee has a fine team and good coaches, but they are State Championship material this year with a flawless game IMO! Gilmer would donkey stomp Silsbee this year if they met up.

?????????????

IT's funny to me.....that you had to go all the way to Gilmer to find a team that you think would donkey stomp.... ( I'm not sure what that is. Maybe some new country dance you guys do out in the stix at night)....but anyway, donkey stomp Silsbee. I mean Gilmer is a good team, and if Silsbee did have to play Gilmer at some point, well, I guess that means Silsbee , as far as your concerned, is a pretty good team as well..... sssooooo.....Thanx for the compliment there, humperdonkeyman :lol:

I know one thing. When I played in the mid to late 90's the best talented team hands down was Lincoln. The worst TEAM. Notice I said team. Coach T at WOS used to always tell us that if they ever got dicipline, LOOK OUT!!!!

So I can see how a horrible TEAM could have awesome talent.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami