Memory Lane

Guest hardcore

[quote name="The GOAT" post="803991" timestamp="1274453146"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=69842.msg803903#msg803903 date=1274413147]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=69842.msg803681#msg803681 date=1274367634]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=69842.msg803676#msg803676 date=1274367244]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=69842.msg803607#msg803607 date=1274352226]
Beating H-F twice in '83 en route to the Semi's.  33-11 and 39-3 respectively....
[/quote] ;D
[/quote]Scooter, are you an Eagle?
[/quote]yes sir!!
[/quote]Me,too!
[/quote] 8)

2005- Brenham vs La Marque....regional final-  Brenham is down 11 with just over 2 mins to play and only 1 timeout left.  Brenham storms down the field and scores twice with the help of a successful onside kick.

2009- Brenham vs Angleton....3rd round game-  Down 21-0 at the half, Brenham looked done.  Only to surprise everybody by fighting back to win.  It took everything from a couple of amazing catches, (One being a td thrown by the back up qb for the one play he came in for) to a gutsy fake fg call.  (Down 3, late in the 4th, coach West elects to go for the fake rather than take the field goal.  Luckly it worked and got us the go ahead td.)  

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="804012" timestamp="1274457252"]
2005- Brenham vs La Marque....regional final-  Brenham is down 11 with just over 2 mins to play and only 1 timeout left.  Brenham storms down the field and scores twice with the help of a successful onside kick.

2009- Brenham vs Angleton....3rd round game-  Down 21-0 at the half, Brenham looked done.  Only to surprise everybody by fighting back to win.  It took everything from a couple of amazing catches, (One being a td thrown by the back up qb for the one play he came in for) to a gutsy fake fg call.  (Down 3, late in the 4th, coach West elects to go for the fake rather than take the field goal.  Luckly it worked and got us the go ahead td.)  
[/quote] I"m sure the 2009 Dayton playoff game was ranked up their as well ~ we hope to return the favor in 2010  ;)

[quote name="jayhawk" post="804060" timestamp="1274463779"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=69842.msg804012#msg804012 date=1274457252]

[/quote] I"m sure the 2009 Dayton playoff game was ranked up their as well ~ we hope to return the favor in 2010  ;)
[/quote]

Ya, I almost put that too but I just went with my top 2 instead of top 3...    I'm sure if that happens, it will be interesting to say the least.  Different idea of who the winner will be though.    ;D ;)

Kirbyville vs. Jasper 2008
Kirbyville was down 43-36 and with time expiring aaron hazlewood throws a jump ball to randy musgrove and he came down with it and put Kirbyville down by 1 and instead of kicking the extra point and tieing the game, they go for 2 and aaron hazlewood throws the corner fade to his other weapon josh hughey to win the game.
44-43 final

[quote name="speedkills" post="804468" timestamp="1274550229"]
Kirbyville was down 43-36 and with time expiring aaron hazlewood throws a jump ball to randy musgrove and he came down with it and put Kirbyville down by 1 and instead of kicking the extra point and tieing the game, they go for 2 and aaron hazlewood throws the corner fade to his other weapon josh hughey to win the game.
44-43 final
[/quote]

Kirbyville kicking that long field goal to beat BH was a good one for yall.  Quite embarrising for BH due to the total lack of defensive coaching in that last minute or two.  "Prevent" was a joke!

This is for SFA 85. Not sure what year but i went as i was in middle school to an SFA playoff game in either the quarterfinals or semis and watched yall play Cuero and their sphmore phenom Robert Strait. It was a good game till the end of the third quarter when i saw strait enter between the tackles and meet Kevin henry who was by no mean no slouch. About 250 260 and 6 ft 2 if i remember right. Strait hit him and in the same motion just kept on running. It was all down hill after that. But that was still a good season. Just an awesome run.

[quote name="Justme" post="805760" timestamp="1274884511"]
This is for SFA 85. Not sure what year but i went as i was in middle school to an SFA playoff game in either the quarterfinals or semis and watched yall play Cuero and their sphmore phenom Robert Strait. It was a good game till the end of the third quarter when i saw strait enter between the tackles and meet Kevin henry who was by no mean no slouch. About 250 260 and 6 ft 2 if i remember right. Strait hit him and in the same motion just kept on running. It was all down hill after that. But that was still a good season. Just an awesome run.
[/quote]
This is a sad game for SFA 87.  I was 2 years removed from the situation.....

[quote name="bh89-2" post="805727" timestamp="1274877533"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=69842.msg804468#msg804468 date=1274550229]
44-43 final
[/quote]

Kirbyville kicking that long field goal to beat BH was a good one for yall.  Quite embarrising for BH due to the total lack of defensive coaching in that last minute or two.  "Prevent" was a joke!
[/quote]
that was the greatest all time game in Kirbyville history glad you brought it up I had almost forgot

[quote name="blinky" post="805890" timestamp="1274902716"]
Beaumont Bowl #1 West Brook 17 Central 16 over 20,000 in Cardinal Stadium.
[/quote]

I remeber that Game..French n Pollard had just Emerged. Central came in the season ranked #1 in the state n the Nation I think. We Had a very good Team that year, We were 8-1 going into that game only loseing to P.A Lincoln or Jefferson I cnt recall..
But yea that was a good Game, And Westbrook end up going to the playoffs insted of Central since they were only takein Two at the time.

THAT GAME WAS PACKED

P.S We got Westbrook back for that and Beat them the next year 42-7 n made the playoffs.. :D just thought i mite add that

Although I was on the bitter end of the stick for this one, and it still haunts me to this day.. The 2000 Bay City - Nederland game in the state quaterfinals was as dramatic as they get.. the game ended 7-0 BC, after a hugely controversial call in the final seconds of the game. It appeared that Nederland got into the endzone with just a few seconds left on a pass to the sideline. To everyones surprise, the referee spotted the ball short of the goal line. Nederland had one more chance to score on the final play, but ran it straight up the middle and Ramoine got stuffed by the BC lb's.. BC went on to demolish its next two opponents. That was really the State championship game right there...

Now, i wasnt there, but in 1994, Plano-East and John Tyler were playing in Texas Stadium. The video is on youtube and if you havent seen this comeback, you need to check it out. It has got to be the most gut wrenching last few minutes of a football game i have ever seen. Plano East was down 41-17 with 2:42 left in the 4th! They scored a TD and then successfully recovered an onside kick and scored again. Thats impressive enough, but they did it two more times for a total of 4 td's and 3 onside recoveries to take the lead with 24 seconds left. Then you wont believe what happens... just watch the video..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="807110" timestamp="1275118028"]
Although I was on the bitter end of the stick for this one, and it still haunts me to this day.. The 2000 Bay City - Nederland game in the state quaterfinals was as dramatic as they get.. the game ended 7-0 BC, after a hugely controversial call in the final seconds of the game. It appeared that Nederland got into the endzone with just a few seconds left on a pass to the sideline. To everyones surprise, the referee spotted the ball short of the goal line. Nederland had one more chance to score on the final play, but ran it straight up the middle and Ramoine got stuffed by the BC lb's.. BC went on to demolish its next two opponents. That was really the State championship game right there...

Now, i wasnt there, but in 1994, Plano-East and John Tyler were playing in Texas Stadium. The video is on youtube and if you havent seen this comeback, you need to check it out. It has got to be the most gut wrenching last few minutes of a football game i have ever seen. Plano East was down 41-17 with 2:42 left in the 4th! They scored a TD and then successfully recovered an onside kick and scored again. Thats impressive enough, but they did it two more times for a total of 4 td's and 3 onside recoveries to take the lead with 24 seconds left. Then you wont believe what happens... just watch the video..
[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg

[quote name="scooter!" post="807202" timestamp="1275149440"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=69842.msg807110#msg807110 date=1275118028]

[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg

[/quote]

Soph. year (1980) We ( Channelview ) beat #1 ranked Huntsville on a Stuart Avant 43-yd field goal as time expired. Kick hit the crossbar and fell thru. Huntsville had Lloyd Archie @ RB...The best RB I ever played high school ball against including Thurman Thomas. Archie was unbelievable. Unfortunatley he was lazy and had no ambition. Got into some type of trouble and never did much after high school. Huntsville's QB was Terry Houge...All-American DB @ Georgia and 14-year NFL veteran, mostly w/ New Orleans. Those were the days.  ;D

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="807884" timestamp="1275318048"]
DANG Scooter, that video was unbelievable...WOW... heartbreakin though. :'(
[/quote]I still cant get that one line out my head from when i watched that back in '94

"i think imma throw up" ------> classic

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder