*Barbers Hill @ Crosby Updates*/ Barbers Hill wins 8-6!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dragbunt" post="795133" timestamp="1272330179"]
Grayson Long pitched a great game.
[/quote]

[color=blue][size=14pt]Grayson did an awesome job as did Leggett.  Their were several "key" defensive plays made as well.  Kyle did a great job at SS and then dealt them a 1,2,3 punch in the bottom of the 8th. 

Lyday and Santana both made some great plays, including the diving catch in the fifth to end the inning with runners in scoring position, a couple of awesome grabs in CF and LF by Jeffcoat & Newcomb and the diving catch by Newcomb to end the 7th inning.

I've got to say, they all contributed and it was a much deserved win !!

There is no telling what BH's record would have been if we had both Grayson and Leggett in the line-up for the first half of the season.  One thing's for sure.  Kyle stepped up and did an awesome job.[/size][/color]

This was a team win for sure, Crosby is a great team and to hold them off at the end was good.  Defense was great, but we hit the ball.  Lyday 2 doubles, 3 RBIs, Bonnin couple of hits getting a couple of runs in, and Matt King, this kid is came up from JV after the GP game and has stepped it up, 3 hits last night, and I believe he scored 3 or 4 runs, including getting out of a great run down and scoring. there were several other good hits from others.  The coaching as well, having Thompson laying down the bunt to score Lyday was a great call.

New to the board (longtime lurker, first time poster). Just had to post after this one.  I was unable to attend the game but was able to listen online.

Great job Eagles!!

-Good to see Long come back and have a strong outing against a really good team (the force is strong in this one).  Great job by Leggett as well.  Unbelievable job of refocusing and retiring, I believe, the final 6 hitters after the HR (an attribute of a great player is his ability to forget).  

-Kudos to the BH offense, defense and coaching as well.  Great job all around and a huge win.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="hookslide" post="795385" timestamp="1272395604"]
[quote author=cardinal66 link=topic=69109.msg795374#msg795374 date=1272394501]
Now if the Pats can just win on Friday it will be a moot point.
[/quote]

Moot point indeed. ::)

Still a big win and added pressure that I'm sure the Pats would've loved to avoid.
[/quote]

Nah!  GCM [b]loves[/b] the pressure.  ;)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cardinal66" post="795393" timestamp="1272396983"]
Why would Chris agree to go the Hill for a playoff game?  ija
[/quote]

They are basing that on Total Runs Scored in head-to-head games.

BH 8 (7,1)  GCM  7 (3,4)

I am trying to verify the districts stipulations on tie breakers. Will post when I know.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="795388" timestamp="1272396191"]
[quote author=hookslide link=topic=69109.msg795385#msg795385 date=1272395604]
[quote author=cardinal66 link=topic=69109.msg795374#msg795374 date=1272394501]
Now if the Pats can just win on Friday it will be a moot point.
[/quote]

Moot point indeed. ::)

Still a big win and added pressure that I'm sure the Pats would've loved to avoid.
[/quote]

Nah!  GCM [b]loves[/b] the pressure.  ;)
[/quote]

;D No doubt they can handle it...  Could be an exciting weekend.

[quote name="TXSPIKE" post="795506" timestamp="1272417060"]
Crosby's refusal to play their best defensive players is there downfall. Quick playoff exit because of it.

[/quote]

that doesn't surprise me to hear that based on past experience, out of curiosity is Crosby using a DH?

[quote name="TXSPIKE" post="795506" timestamp="1272417060"]
Crosby's refusal to play their best defensive players is there downfall. Quick playoff exit because of it.

[/quote]
Who are they not playin that is going to make a huge difference??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder