**WEST HARDIN HC POSITION NOW OPEN**

THe reason they bought out his contract is because what has he done? ppl keep saying he turned WH around but did you forget coach Terry Pool who came in and got them out of A 10yr or more playoff drought. pool took the oilers tothe playoffs 3yrs in a row then left cause the administration then westfall was lucky enough to have athletes and the staff pool had to keep them going. now that all of pool's staff is gone look what happend. But the man is a great guy from what i hear kids love him but i give credit to Pool. Hopfully they get a whole new staff. But best of luck to WH and Westfall.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
See you down the road somewhere Coach Westphal....we had many good games. I will bet you 3 to 1 odds that WH wishes they had you back very soon.

So did Gazaway get Super job, thought he had retired. He was at Chester for a long time, then to HD I think, but thought he had retired?
Hope it goes well for Henry and WH. It is a good match of people and school. Football will be interesting in talent and coaching, wish them all the best.

The Coaching will be top notch. WH just does not have alot of talent. This move might effect H-D with Coach Henry being familiar with the H-D program and players. Also I wonder if Coach Henry is taking any other H-D Coach's with him. It will be interesting to see who H-D hires to replace Henry.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="803268" timestamp="1274276087"]
The Coaching will be top notch. WH just does not have alot of talent. This move might effect H-D with Coach Henry being familiar with the H-D program and players. Also I wonder if Coach Henry is taking any other H-D Coach's with him. It will be interesting to see who H-D hires to replace Henry.
[/quote]

Not sure where your getting your information about talent from.  They or you must be drinking from Pawpaw's Corn Still.  WH will have most of their main defense returning & lost minimum people on offense.  QB will be new person, already have some running backs ready to step in, got a few bigger kids that can move into starting lineman spots. 

I have a pretty good idea of who the new QB will be or that least who it should be, but that is obviously Coach Henry's decision after he gets to evaluate them this summer.

One thing for sure though, it should make for an interesting game against HD this year! ;D

Food for thought before I go Kitten55... maybe you and I can make some kind of wager on our game!  Not money of coarse, but maybe like wearing the opposite teams shirt or hat or colors or something along those lines.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="803295" timestamp="1274279709"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=69078.msg803268#msg803268 date=1274276087]
[/quote]

Not sure where your getting your information about talent from.  They or you must be drinking from Pawpaw's Corn Still.  WH will have most of their main defense returning & lost minimum people on offense.  QB will be new person, already have some running backs ready to step in, got a few bigger kids that can move into starting lineman spots. 

I have a pretty good idea of who the new QB will be or that least who it should be, but that is obviously Coach Henry's decision after he gets to evaluate them this summer.

One thing for sure though, it should make for an interesting game against HD this year! ;D

Food for thought before I go Kitten55... maybe you and I can make some kind of wager on our game!  Not money of coarse, but maybe like wearing the opposite teams shirt or hat or colors or something along those lines.
[/quote] Sounds good oilcan73 !!

i was just thinking...I'm going to miss being a part of the H-D, WH & Evadale triangle when football arrives in 75 day (my son has been counting for months).

I wish Coach Henry success at WH except when he brings the Oilers to Evadale in late Sept.

In my years in Evadale I know we have played both the Bobcats and Oilers for years and in district most of those, so change will be difficult, but change happens. We will just have to renew the rivalry in basketball, baseball and track.

This is a great match for henery and the oilers..henery is an offinceive guy which is what the oilers need..they got a young QB in Calvin Ridge I belive or Justin Harrington or Ashton Moss could go either way depends on what henery wants Ridge is the most balenced but Harrington has some snaps under center then Moss is the best running QB.

on the 'D' they got kids coming back but they are losing their leader who was always on them in practice pumping them up in the game in Cody Letsinger and Garrett Melincon so they need a leader to step up thats they only thing they lack and they have a lot of kids who i question their heart but if henery can change that they will be just fine...good luck oilers

[quote name="footballplayer" post="803434" timestamp="1274298856"]
This is a great match for henery and the oilers..henery is an offinceive guy which is what the oilers need..they got a young QB in Calvin Ridge I belive or Justin Harrington or Ashton Moss could go either way depends on what henery wants Ridge is the most balenced but Harrington has some snaps under center then Moss is the best running QB.

on the 'D' they got kids coming back but they are losing their leader who was always on them in practice pumping them up in the game in Cody Letsinger and Garrett Melincon so they need a leader to step up thats they only thing they lack and they have a lot of kids who i question their heart but if henery can change that they will be just fine...good luck oilers
[/quote]

Not sure how Ridge is the more balanced of the group.  Moss has the better legs, Harrington has the better arm and reads & I haven't seen Ridge play QB since Junior High.

My opinion would be to have Moss as RB, Ridge out as WR & Harrington as QB.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="804095" timestamp="1274467894"]
[quote author=footballplayer link=topic=69078.msg803434#msg803434 date=1274298856]

[/quote]

Not sure how Ridge is the more balanced of the group.  Moss has the better legs, Harrington has the better arm and reads & I haven't seen Ridge play QB since Junior High.

My opinion would be to have Moss as RB, Ridge out as WR & Harrington as QB.
[/quote] It really does not matter. H-D is swamped with talent. Gonna be rough the next 5 seasons for the Oilers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder