How about Coach of the Decade....

Without a doubt Coach Shawn Mixon has proved to be the best in the decade.  With team play and blue collar work ethic, Jasper has made the playoffs since 1994 ( I believe, have to check clubhouse wall of fame next time through park ) without a missing a year with deep playoff runs that fuels the next years chances. Great job Jasper coaches ( Mixon, Smith, Brown, Trevino ) and keep up the good work. Congrats on the quick 300 win start with a ring to go with it.

[quote name="BHTEAPARTY" post="789127" timestamp="1271081072"]
Without question Gil Staulbaum of Barbers Hill. 400 plus wins is not chop liver.
[/quote]

I'm not familiar with the program at BH. How many times have they made the playoffs this decade? Sometimes 400+ wins can come from longevity. I'm not saying that's the case, I'm asking.

[quote name="td" post="789152" timestamp="1271085383"]
[quote author=BHTEAPARTY link=topic=68511.msg789127#msg789127 date=1271081072]
Without question Gil Staulbaum of Barbers Hill. 400 plus wins is not chop liver.
[/quote]

I'm not familiar with the program at BH. How many times have they made the playoffs this decade? Sometimes 400+ wins can come from longevity. I'm not saying that's the case, I'm asking.
[/quote]

I'm not sure exactly but my guess is BH has made the playoffs every year this decade. For certain in '09, '08, '07(regional semis), and '06. The '07 team was the first year that BH was 4A.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="789585" timestamp="1271170513"]
Last 10 years of playoff wins, is it Stone, Griff, Mixon or someone else, who do you think?

We will have the list later.
[/quote]

Griff has 52 playoff wins for his career.  I asked him how many last ten years and he had no idea. I also asked him who he thaught coach of the decade was this area is and he said he would have to go with Mixson

If Bryant was still at BC and won district the couple of years after he left, I would go with Bryant.  With that not being the case, Mixon is my choice.  His team is competitive every year and he has a ring. Does anyone know how many district championships Jasper has in this decade?

You guys can't imagine how proud us former Jasper baseball players are of Coach Mixon and the job he has done.  For him to get this sort of recognition in this sort of forum/crowd is really nice....  By the way, I think Mixon hit 13 home runs and batted over .400 his Junior year at Jasper...

Some of these [b]current[/b] head coaches haven't completed 10 years but here are some [b]playoff[/b] wins. Feel free correct or add your [b]current[/b] head coach to the list.

Mixon (Jasper) 26
Griff (LCM) 17
Stone (PNG) 17
Staubam (BH) 15
Terrier (Buna) 14
Robbins (Ned) 10
Landry (BC/HF) 8
Bennett (OF) 3
Green (Vid) 2
Mehaffy (HF) 2
Trawhorn (Sil) 2  

• Member Statistics