B.E. Super Gold Soccer - TEAMS POSTED!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three Kelly junior girls made the team. This bodes well for them next year. I note that in two games, they held PNG's talented, and Super Gold player of the year, Chloe Chaisson scoreless.
Congratulations to all the girls on the team. Props to Yasmine Afshar, Madeline Horning and Zuri Prince. More evidence of Mike Hughes' great work with the Spindletop 93 team which is club home to 5 or 6 of these players. I thought Teilor Long should have had at least 2nd team recognition.

I agree with everything you said Watash...Except the part of holding Chloe Chiasson Scoreless...She scored in the first meeting of the year between Kelly and PNG at the Kelly Tournament when Kelly won 3-1.  Congrats to all the girls named on the team!

Hughes' contribution to girls soccer should not be under estimated.  The man loves soccer.  His teams are constantly raided for talent, yet he is able to send another winning team out on to the soccer field.  Keep up the good work.  And, his daughter, Emily, is one of the best soccer players in the area.

[quote name="sharkstooth" post="785942" timestamp="1270346032"]
I agree with everything you said Watash...Except the part of holding Chloe Chiasson Scoreless...She scored in the first meeting of the year between Kelly and PNG at the Kelly Tournament when Kelly won 3-1.  Congrats to all the girls named on the team!
[/quote]

She also scored in the second meeting but the goal was taken away. Regardless, Kelly has a very strong defense and many of these girls, including Chloe, are back in season with Spindletop. Good luck girls!

Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Soccer 2010

- - Boys - -

- - Coach of the Year - - Coach Harrington - Hamshire-Fannett

- - Player of the Year - -Scott Poole - Lumberton - Sr.

- - Goalkeeper - - William Lighty - Kelly - So.

- - Defense - -
Travis Briggs - HF - Sr.
Jacob Grant - Vidor - Sr.
Sammy Lavador - Central - Jr.
Peter Zimmerman - PNG - Sr.

- - Midfield - -
Greg Flores - PNG - Sr.
Scott Poole - Lumberton - Sr.
Terrell Roane - Kelly - Sr.
Elver Uriostegui - PNG - Sr.

- - Forwards - -
Jose Alvarado - HF - Fr.
Hector Garcia - Nederland - Sr.

- - Utilitiy - -
Jordan Wagner - Nederland - Jr.

Second Team -
Hunter Allan (Kelly), Zack Clark (Kelly), Angel Valencia (PNG), Kenric Martinez (PNG), Garhett Bonneaux (LCM), Cristian Diaz (LCM), Austin Wyble (Nederland), Miles Lawler (Nederland), Colton Romero (HF), Kurtis Bell (HF), Luis Ceron (Central), Caleb Schexnider (Lumberton), Victor Ortega (Vidor), Jacob Glover (Vidor), Chris Brown (HJ), Caleb Bernsen (HJ), Anthony Martinez (Jasper), Ossama Zafar (Jasper), Austin Barnes (Silsbee), Daniel Callesto (Silsbee), Alex Danion (Bridge City), Josh Ozio (Bridge City), Cody Richings (West Brook), Dane Schmidt (West Brook)

Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Soccer 2010

- - Girls - -

- - Coach of the Year - - Coach Bates - PNG

- - Player of the Year - - Chloe Chaisson - PNG - Jr.

- - Goalkeeper - - Bianca Garza - Nederland - Jr.

- - Defense - -
Mallarie Hearn - LCM - So.
Madeline Horning - Kelly - Jr.
Jenna Rhame - PNG - Sr.
Lauren Washburn - Nederland - Sr.

- - Midfield - -
Yasmine Afshar - Kelly - Jr.
Molly James - Lumberton - Sr.
Aaron Strawser - West Brook - Jr.

- - Forwards - -
Rachel Babin - West Brook - Fr.
Chloe Chaisson - PNG - Jr.
Kaitlyn Stowe - Lumberton - Jr.

- - Utility - -
Zuri Prince - Kelly - Jr.

- - Second Team - -
Tatum Crochet (PNG), Brittnie Vigee (PNG), Layken Richard (Nederland), Austyn David (Nederland, Shelley Turner (LCM), Maritza Ibarra (LCM), Elizabeth Files (HF), Kimberly Ardoin (HF), Kylie Stump (Bridge-City), Maggie Stump (Bridge-City),  Esmeralda Sanchez (Central, Ryan Ceasar (Ozen, Ashley Braddock (Lumberton), Stephanie Hernandez (Lumberton), Breanna Tamayo (Vidor), Ashton Lewis (Vidor), Bailey Fontenot (HJ), Kellie Legrande (HJ), Natalie Dufner (Jasper), Caroline Kipp (Jasper), Mary Maina (Silsbee), Shelby Morgan (Silsbee), Lizzie Florece (West Brook), Stacy Dolan (West Brook)

True about Mike Hughes promoting area soccer.  His company used to give soccer balls to every youth in the Orange soccer league for several years.  We still have those balls around the house somewheres!  It was awfully nice for him to do that.  Thanks.

glad to see that they're making a better effort to recognize all of the local teams now... i never made the super gold team while i was in high school, although i had the stats to be a 1st teamer at least two years, and arguably a 2nd teamer the other two.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="786085" timestamp="1270421698"]
glad to see that they're making a better effort to recognize all of the local teams now... i never made the super gold team while i was in high school, although i had the stats to be a 1st teamer at least two years, and arguably a 2nd teamer the other two.
[/quote]

this is truely a touching story.

Guest ANTHON6
I think it is terrific that soccer is being recognized in Southeast Texas. The only issue that I have I feel it is "unsportsmanlike" for a player to be allowed to score as many goals as they can against teams that are considerably weaker. I know lots of players who if given the opportunity could score as much as they wanted would have easily surpassed the highest scoring offensive player, but because of ethical coaching they were told to hold back. In fact, the Kelly team is not allowed to score double digits in any game.

I must also politely say at the PNG game the goal was taken away because your referee said it was offsides, so that game was scoreless. That made a total two losses.

[quote name="the iceman" post="786093" timestamp="1270425983"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=68136.msg786085#msg786085 date=1270421698]
[/quote]

this is truely a touching story.
[/quote]

ironic that you say this, since you yourself are benefitting from just what i was talking about.  based simply on the team you play for, and your solid, but not eye catching stats, you wouldn't have made the 2nd team 7 or 8 years ago, yet here we are, and you make the team.  also, it's "truly".  good thing you play better than you spell.

[quote name="ANTHON6" post="786096" timestamp="1270426934"]
I think it is terrific that soccer is being recognized in Southeast Texas. The only issue that I have I feel it is "unsportsmanlike" for a player to be allowed to score as many goals as they can against teams that are considerably weaker. I know lots of players who if given the opportunity could score as much as they wanted would have easily surpassed the highest scoring offensive player, but because of ethical coaching they were told to hold back. In fact, the Kelly team is not allowed to score double digits in any game.

I must also politely say at the PNG game the goal was taken away because your referee said it was offsides, so that game was scoreless. That made a total two losses.

[/quote]

Obviously you are reffering to the Girls Player of the Year. So, for the record, the most she scored in a single game was 4 goals.. and that was only in two games out of the 25 i believe it was? Coach Aimee Bates would sit her after her third.. in the games she scored four in the fourth was scored while waiting for the sub to take her out. 57 goals is no easy task. Also, PNG played a tough pre season where Chaisson scored most of her goals, she actually scored less in district due to the constant subbing out while playing all of the weak teams where she could have easily scored more than an average of 3 (anyone could have). She showed her goal scoring ability consistently throughout the entire season. That being said.. she (as you said other girls could have scored more) also could have scored more than her state high 57, but was held back. No need to try and take away credit from a deserving player, THAT is "unsportsmanlike."

If any player has scored 3 times and their team is up 3 or 4 goals then they should pass to others. On the other hand, if it is a one or two goal difference regardless of how many goals a single player has scored, then the best scorer should score until game is secured. Scoring more than 3 goals in a blow out or double digit win is questionable

[quote name="watash" post="786162" timestamp="1270441256"]
If any player has scored 3 times and their team is up 3 or 4 goals then they should pass to others. On the other hand, if it is a one or two goal difference regardless of how many goals a single player has scored, then the best scorer should score until game is secured. Scoring more than 3 goals in a blow out or double digit win is questionable
[/quote]

Why are you making it sound like she just took the ball and scored as much as she could? If you ever attended a PNG game.. you would have seen that, shockingly, she actually passed more than she shot in the games against the weak teams. Also, the team usually wasn't "up" three or four goals by the team she scored.. she was the one to score those first three or four goals.. then she was either taken out for the rest of the game or stayed in the game to playmake and provide her teammates with looks at the goal. However, we all have our opinions and make assumptions.. but if you insist on taking credit away from where it is due, at least have a better reason than blaming it on her supposedly "scoring excessively against weaker teams"  being the reason she got her state high 57. Because, again for the record, she also scored 3 against nederland, and 2 against them in the first meeting... does that make nederland to be considered a "weaker" team also? No, I think not.

[quote name="Islander" post="785988" timestamp="1270382854"]
Hughes' contribution to girls soccer should not be under estimated.  The man loves soccer.  His teams are constantly raided for talent, yet he is able to send another winning team out on to the soccer field.  Keep up the good work.  And, his daughter, Emily, is one of the best soccer players in the area.
[/quote]

Spot on observation Islander. He lost two more top tier players this Spring and I still expect them to win State in Pres. Cup!

Congratulations to Chloe of PNG.  I met her one day as she was out with another player practicing during the spring on her own.  All she wanted  was to get better and go play college.  She was out doing this on her own, obviously it helped, she got what she gave... and deserves her award.  She scored the most, and she is a team player.  Alot of other local girls played the same schedule and did not score as many.  You all can keep pointing out whatever you want.  The paper has been published and she has the award.  Lets be happy for the players that got Super Team,  congratulate them all.  And thank RC for putting it together.  And figure out a way to build the local club programs so our high school teams benefit.

[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="786199" timestamp="1270475444"]
Congratulations to Chloe of PNG.  I met her one day as she was out with another player practicing during the spring on her own.  All she wanted  was to get better and go play college.  She was out doing this on her own, obviously it helped, she got what she gave... and deserves her award.  She scored the most, and she is a team player.  Alot of other local girls played the same schedule and did not score as many.  You all can keep pointing out whatever you want.  The paper has been published and she has the award.  Lets be happy for the players that got Super Team,  congratulate them all.  And thank RC for putting it together.  And figure out a way to build the local club programs so our high school teams benefit.
[/quote]

Right on about Chloe she is a Very Hard worker and it will pay big dividends in the future! but I must confess i jumped on your quote for this reason. The last sentence.... figure out a way to build the local clubs to benefit our local schools....

Why has there not been a unification or merger of the local clubs?  I am not talking about abolishing the recreational level organizations but funneling to a singular competitive entity.  I was in Dallas this past weekend at the Spring Classic and their was a rumor started of another club coming to town.... It seems to me the only way to really produce the best players is to get them all together and compete on the highest possible level.... similiarly as Mike Hughes has done. This is not a plug for Spindletop.... due to the fact my daughter and other players have recently left for Houston... but to compete against Houston we must have an All out Joint effort.
I am I right or wrong. I would really like to see this happen in my life time. I think it will benefit the kids. Because the truth be told girls like Chloe are competing against other girls that are better prepared.... for those same Div1 scholarships....

It makes no sense for us to drive 1.5 hrs one way to practice on a school night... but it is what we must do to compete against the top tier players from around the state for those scholarships, not to mention the other girls from the other 49 states.

This is in no way a Spindeltop bashing... it is the best thing going... But it must improve and can with the willingness of the GREAT GOLDEN TRIANGLE! hince super GOLD! It does not matter what the name of the organization is or who is in charge. Heck Call it Super GOLD that has a nice ring to it! ;)

ps. I thought i was finished with my rant or rally call but something else hit me that only goes to prove my point. The SSSC93 team has only been 2 or 3 players away in it's entire existance from being a truly elite team by EDDOA standards and has lost enough DIV1 players to create a whole new team... names the likes of Lauren Seawright, Julianna Cruz, Brittney Jeanis, Claire Dykeman, Bailey Fontenot, Mallory Hearn and now add Zuri Prince and Aaron Strawser to that list... Which begs me to ask where has Great Players the likes of Lauren Washburn and others been hiding or filling their thirst for competition in the sport they love. Players of this caliber would have made a significant difference in the outcome of this team (SSSC93) accomplishments and probably helped to keep some of the others from leaving to go to Houston to play in premier... I am not naive to say it would have stopped all from leaving but funneling these girls, that were willing, to the best team that could afford them the best opportunities would have gave the team a better oppurtunity at staying entacted with most of it's original players.

Believe me the drive is wearing me out, not to mention the strain on the girls.

OK I am through. ;D

I'll agree with Rip on this one, unification would be great in this area because you would get the level of competition and also a mingling of players that normally wouldn't happen. All of which seem like benefits, unless there's something I'm overlooking.

In my opinion the whole Super Gold thing the B.E. does is a good thing, but in years past hasn't been the most credible way to award top players in the area as a whole, per se. Because, no disrespect to the B.E. but it doesn't cover soccer like it does with other sports say baseball, football, or basketball so it seems that they base it off of coaches opinions or whatever information they get, which can include this forum. All said when I played and the players from across the league I've talked to the Super Gold team seems like a consolation prize at times. There's my two cents, now let's see who will crucify it.

[quote name="oodooo" post="786228" timestamp="1270482658"]
I'll agree with Rip on this one, unification would be great in this area because you would get the level of competition and also a mingling of players that normally wouldn't happen. All of which seem like benefits, unless there's something I'm overlooking.

In my opinion the whole Super Gold thing the B.E. does is a good thing, but in years past hasn't been the most credible way to award top players in the area as a whole, per se. Because, no disrespect to the B.E. but it doesn't cover soccer like it does with other sports say baseball, football, or basketball so it seems that they base it off of coaches opinions or whatever information they get, which can include this forum. All said when I played and the players from across the league I've talked to the Super Gold team seems like a consolation prize at times. There's my two cents, now let's see who will crucify it.
[/quote]

I agree...... mostly  ;).
Soccer is slowly becoming more main stream in our area, but we have to compete with other sports(basketball, baseball and softball). The BE (RC) and other news organizations do their best to cover the sports, but they are limited due to the number of people on staff and you can't be at more than one place at a time. Due to this fact, the BE can not see all the games and know all the players. Sometimes these acknowledgements mean more to the parents than the kids ;)

[quote name="oodooo" post="786228" timestamp="1270482658"]

[/quote]

Thanks for the support oodooo. Now I will do my best to protect you from being crucified.  Let the one who has NOT SINNED cast the first stone, or go reply to Gold Club post.. Hope that helps! lol. :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw