Confused???

Lazeek

Don't let this rub you the wrong way Coop but it has rubbed me the wrong way???  How is it that #1 ranked Silsbee loses to #3 HJ and to #2 Kountze in the same week in back to back games and HJ stays the same and Kountze and Silsbee just flip flop.........what a complete joke!!!!  You never have to say that you don't like HJ.........it shows in how you rank them!!!!! ::) ::) ::) ::)

They are NOT that important..........and you are right only the END OF THE SEASON matters, but it is just the fact that HJ has been SCREWED all year on the rankings.  Even when they beat Kountze this season when they were #1 and HJ was #3 the rankings changed with Silsbee being #1 and HJ moving to #2!!!!!  I have come to expect it now though!!!!!  Even the rankings last week had WOS ranked ahead of HJ!!!!!!  That was the biggest joke of all!!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="763833" timestamp="1266811820"]
They are NOT that important..........and you are right only the END OF THE SEASON matters, but it is just the fact that HJ has been SCREWED all year on the rankings.  Even when they beat Kountze this season when they were #1 and HJ was #3 the rankings changed with Silsbee being #1 and HJ moving to #2!!!!!  I have come to expect it now though!!!!!  Even the rankings last week had WOS ranked ahead of HJ!!!!!!  That was the biggest joke of all!!!!!
[/quote]

Is this just the SETX rankings of the area?  If so, so not important at all.  Come on they have Woodville at #7?  GMAB

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="763833" timestamp="1266811820"]
They are NOT that important..........and you are right only the END OF THE SEASON matters, but it is just the fact that HJ has been SCREWED all year on the rankings.  Even when they beat Kountze this season when they were #1 and HJ was #3 the rankings changed with Silsbee being #1 and HJ moving to #2!!!!!  I have come to expect it now though!!!!!  Even the rankings last week had WOS ranked ahead of HJ!!!!!!  That was the biggest joke of all!!!!!
[/quote]

.... and if Chad feels that way, "So what?"  Are you going to call out everyone who has a grudge against Hardin Jefferson?

Hasn't Cyrano de Bergerac been done before?  ;)

And even so, doesn't that make it even more fun to see people have to eat crow when Hardin Jefferson goes far beyond what all the "experts" predicted?

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="763910" timestamp="1266846367"]
no offense Lazeek but I honestly think ktz and silsbee will go farther in playoffs than hj does that make thwm better?
[/quote]

I don't believe that to be true at all. Hj got further than silsbee last year but I believe silsbee was the better team last year.

Guest speechless
[quote name="tokenwb" post="763919" timestamp="1266847306"]
My view.
Silsbee has a better team. --- HJ plays better together as a team.
[/quote]. Oxymoron?  Wouldn't the group that plays better as a team be considered the better team?

Guest speechless
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="763930" timestamp="1266848986"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=66360.msg763908#msg763908 date=1266845530]
Just want an unbiased poll.........thats all!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]Then start your own poll.

I'm sure nobody will question the results of your rankings!  ;)
[/quote]. It's fairly obvious that the rankings are not the results of a poll.

[quote name="speechless" post="763926" timestamp="1266848392"]
[quote author=tokenwb link=topic=66360.msg763919#msg763919 date=1266847306]
My view.
[/quote]. Oxymoron?  Wouldn't the group that plays better as a team be considered the better team?
[/quote]You are correct but if the Silsbee team were to play together more as a team,  they would beat HJ easily. IMO

Guest speechless
[quote name="tokenwb" post="763939" timestamp="1266850014"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=66360.msg763926#msg763926 date=1266848392]
My view.
[/quote]You are correct but if the Silsbee team were to play together more as a team,  they would beat HJ easily. IMO
[/quote]U don't have the record that silsbee has without playing as a team

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="763820" timestamp="1266810346"]
Don't let this rub you the wrong way Coop but it has rubbed me the wrong way???  How is it that #1 ranked Silsbee loses to #3 HJ and to #2 Kountze in the same week in back to back games and HJ stays the same and Kountze and Silsbee just flip flop.........what a complete joke!!!!  You never have to say that you don't like HJ.........it shows in how you rank them!!!!! ::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

That is pretty messed up though. He probably just likes to see people like me and you complain about that. and if anyone says "rankings don't matter" then why do we even have them? they matter from a viewing standpoint, I think, and should be UNBIASED!!

[quote name="speechless" post="763943" timestamp="1266851016"]
[quote author=tokenwb link=topic=66360.msg763939#msg763939 date=1266850014]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=66360.msg763926#msg763926 date=1266848392]
My view.
[/quote]U don't have the record that silsbee has without playing as a team
[/quote]I was hazard to say that Silsbee played better as a team when Hill was out.  Since he's been back, they've lost 2 out of 3 games, even though he's put up great numbers.

It's like we were discussing on another thread.  Against Kountze, Hill had 33 and Stallworth had 4.  That is NOT playing as a team. 

[quote name="HJ-Hawks25" post="763947" timestamp="1266851341"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=66360.msg763820#msg763820 date=1266810346]
[/quote]

That is pretty messed up though. He probably just likes to see people like me and you complain about that. and if anyone says "rankings don't matter" then why do we even have them? they matter from a viewing standpoint, I think, and should be UNBIASED!!
[/quote]All I know is that rankings don't matter.  Nobody won a game simply because they were higher ranked.  If you watch the football polls every year around the BCS Series in football, the teams that spend their time whining because they aren't higher ranked are the ones that fall on their face.

I look at it this way.

HJ and Silsbee head to head were 1-1.

Against like top opponents (Silsbee, HJ, Kountze, WOS and New Waverly) it goes like this:

Silsbee 4-3  with a +41 points difference (Including a +7 over HJ)
HJ 4-3 with a -8 point difference
Kountze against HJ & Silsbee 2-2 with a +5 points difference.

If I was ranking them I would have Silsbee just ahead of HJ. kountze is tricky!
1. Kountze
2. Silsbee
3. HJ

[quote name="badndn" post="763976" timestamp="1266853640"]
I look at it this way.

Against like top opponents (Silsbee, HJ, Kountze, WOS and New Waverly) it goes like this:

1. Kountze
2. Silsbee
3. HJ
[/quote]

Very good points, badndn. Good stuff.

Like some have said, it's just a ranking.

I look at it this way.

1. Kountze
2. Silsbee
3. HJ
[/quote]

Ok, really guys!  When it comes to these teams playing each other, it is anyones game!  It just so happen that on that day, the best team won.  I can say that if Kountze was to play H-J, they would probably beat them (I don't think H-J can beat them three in a row...just MY opinion).  As for the rankings, Stop complaining about it.  It is going to upset somebody no matter what it is or who it is.  Some agree that it is right as it is and some will say that H-J should be #1.  Have fun with it!  All that matters is that hopefully one of the 3A teams will join Kountze in bringing home State titles to Southeast Texas!

I look at it this way.

1. Kountze
2. Silsbee
3. HJ
[/quote]So, the team that is .500 against like opponents is number 1, while the teams that are .571 are 2nd and 3rd.

That's why rankings don't matter.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin