*WOS @ SILSBEE BROADCAST THREAD*/ SILSBEE WINS 58-44!!!!!

The #5 HoopInsider WOS Mustangs come into the Tiger Den tonight to take on the #5 state ranked, #1 HoopInsider Silsbee Tigers to start the second round of play in district 21-3A. WOS (17-8, 3-2) are coming off a big win over Orangefield, 59-40, to currently solidify themselves in the 3rd spot in district. Silsbee (22-2, 5-0) is coming off a huge win over rival Hardin-Jefferson, 50-41, in what was a battle of the two unbeatens in district and top 6 state ranked teams. Tigers are now on top of the district with the second round of play to begin tonight. Silsbee defeated the Mustangs at WOS the first go round, 84-59.

Broadcast time will be 10 minutes prior to tipoff which is scheduled for 7:45pm.

Just click the link to listen to another basketball broadcast here on the SETXsports Network!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112:houston-davis-panthers-vs-silsbee-730-pm&catid=73:games

[quote name="bullets13" post="754136" timestamp="1265159232"]
should be a decent test for Silsbee.  WOS has seemed to really get it together the last couple of games, and if #3 gets hot, he can keep them in it for awhile.
[/quote]

I agree. I do not see Silsbee covering the 19 point spread, even though they won by 25 at WOS. But they will get the victory.

Scoring for both teams

WOS

Kendric Budwine    12
Darius Davis          6
Anthony Noble        6
Ja'Kennen Cotton    6
Justin Francis        5
Dacolby Teate        3
Deron Villery-Griffin  2
Gentry Brooks        2
Robert Redd            2

Silsbee

D.C. Stallworth      12 ( 9 rebounds, 5 assists)
Prentice Lane        12 ( 6 rebounds)
Ronald Barrett        11 (3/4 from 3 point line)
Kendrick Jones        10  (14 rebounds, 3 block shots)
Kelton Gaines          10  ( 4 steals)
Avory Thomas          3  (14 rebounds, 7 block shots)

Score by quarters

1    2    3    4    tot
WOS                  5    13    16  10    44
Silsbee                9    17    15  17    58

Foul shooting percentages

WOS    10/19  53%
Silsbee  15/22  68%

3 point shooting

WOS    4/13  31%
Silsbee  5/10  50%

Turnovers

WOS    19
Silsbee  21

Rebounds

WOS    32
Silsbee  49

Tough, tough game for Silsbee tonight. After starting the game on a 9-0 run, WOS was able to battle back to tie it at 11 and at 14, but that was the last time it was tied. Silsbee closed out the second quarter on a 12-4 run to go into halftime up 26-18. Silsbee was led by Ronald Barrett who is starting for Pheal Hill, as he connected on 3/4 from 3 point land to score 11 first half points. The Tigers hurt WOS on the boards in the first half, out rebounding the Mustangs 24-14. There wasn't many fouls called in the first half as Silsbee only went to the line 4 times, making 3 and WOS went to the line 8 times, making only 2.

The second half started out a little sluggish for both teams but Silsbee finally got it going on the offensive end, getting a couple of 12 point leads, 40-28 and 42-30, but the Mustangs kept battling with the Tigers and closed the gap to 7 at the end of the 3rd, trailing 41-34. WOS opened the final quarter getting a couple of turnovers and cutting the Tiger lead to 3 on two different occassions, 45-42 and 47-44. But the Tigers got some clutch baskets down the stretch from Lane and Jones and then Silsbee iced the win away from the foul line, hitting 8 of 10 with Stallworth going 6-6 in the clutch to finish off the Mustangs, 58-44.

Silsbee still had a big advantage in the rebounding department as Jones and Thomas each had 14 rebounds. The twin posts also combined for 10 block shots.

The Tigers had another great night from the 3 point line shooting 50% with Barrett hitting 3 of them.

Both teams had their share of turnovers as Silsbee committed 21 while WOS had 19.

Both teams had balance scoring tonight but Silsbee is really showing that they are one of the best defensive teams in the area, keeping another opponent under the 50 point mark.

A very good win for the Tigers to remain undefeated in district and run their current win streak to 15.

[quote name="court side" post="754348" timestamp="1265174276"]
Nice win for the tigers looking at the stats it was a true team win

AAW how close is Avory to the block shot record?

[/quote]

Avory currently has 152 block shots for the season. He is 10 behind the mark of 162 which was set by Eddy Fobbs.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="754361" timestamp="1265175375"]
[quote author=court side link=topic=65546.msg754348#msg754348 date=1265174276]
Nice win for the tigers looking at the stats it was a true team win

AAW how close is Avory to the block shot record?

[/quote]

Avory currently has 152 block shots for the season. He is 10 behind the mark of 162 which was set by Eddy Fobbs.
[/quote]looks like he is well on his way with four games left ;D

Correction, this is a season stat, which includes any playoff games. You and I both know Silsbee and Thomas have more than 4 games left. ;)

I still think he will have the record before the regular season is over. ;D

All he has to do is average 2.5 blocks over the last 4 to tie it. Right now Avory is averaging 6 block shots a game. I like his chances.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="754376" timestamp="1265176395"]
Correction, this is a season stat, which includes any playoff games. You and I both know Silsbee and Thomas have more than 4 games left. ;)

I still think he will have the record before the regular season is over. ;D

All he has to do is average 2.5 blocks over the last 4 to tie it. Right now Avory is averaging 6 block shots a game. I like his chances.
[/quote]Yes I do know they have more than four games ;D
I thought the record was just regular season, with it including playoffs there is no telling what the new
record will end up at. (200) would be nice ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder