crosby drops game with vidor

texans

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="750749" timestamp="1264650223"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=65269.msg750739#msg750739 date=1264649732]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=65269.msg750578#msg750578 date=1264635189]
Lets drop Crosby out of the SETX boundaries.  Keep Baytown, Huffman, Dayton area and draw a circle around them.   ;D

[/quote]

If your looking to replace them with a single school, Brenham would be happy to fill in...lol.   It's a huge stretch of the boundaries, but there's always exceptions....just an open suggestion.
[/quote]

I know the Cubs fans love to talk about their sports on the net.  Interesting concept, if the Chronicle considers you Southeast Texas, why shouldn't we!
[/quote]

Ya we do and I love this site.  It sucks being located in the middle of nowhere.  Too far from Austin, and only important to the chronicle when we are one of the last "Houston area" teams left in the playoffs.  That's sad, if this is all true about why they are dropping Vidor.  I guess well find out soon.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you know how Dayton feels ! We get zero coverage until all the other pet (area) Houston teams get beat out . They don't sell to many papers in Dayton so we get little respect. That's OK though because our record speaks volumes.  (If I was Crosby I wouldn't want to play Vidor either because they are a darn good team ) ;)

Talked to 2 board members and got the no comment answer...Seems like the whole school board would of had to vote on this and if they did i sure want to find out how the vote went..I told them i bet you don't have to walk thru metal detectors at Vidors's stadium,but we have to when you play over at North Forest..So which place would seem safer???Need to get the Baytown Sun going on this to try and get some answers....

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="750853" timestamp="1264688178"]
Talked to 2 board members and got the no comment answer...Seems like the whole school board would of had to vote on this and if they did i sure want to find out how the vote went..I told them i bet you don't have to walk thru metal detectors at Vidors's stadium,but we have to when you play over at North Forest..So which place would seem safer???Need to get the Baytown Sun going on this to try and get some answers....
[/quote]got that right bigdaddyblue. like i said, vidor's not the problem. we enjoy playing setx teams. never had no problems there like we have in 19-4a. i'd love playing vidor anytime or any of the teams in 20-4a. lots of fun playing them. ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="750914" timestamp="1264695927"]
I can honestly say that Central playing in Vidor now 4 years since comming in this district have never been a problem.   People are nice there.  But they are pationate about their football, as any fan is supposed to.
[/quote]

And it's not like it is one trip every other year for football. Central has traveled to Vidor several times a year for basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, soccer, etc. Out of the many of trips to Vidor in the last few years since Vidor has been in the district, has there ever been any problems? If so they sure kept it quiet.

[quote name="TAR81" post="751280" timestamp="1264742808"]
I thought the coach sets up his schedule not the school board that says alot about Crosby coaching staff.
[/quote]This whole thing is being blown up so big for nothing.  It has nothing to due with race of the school or fear of the safty of the students and fans of Crosby. It also has nothing to do with the coaching staff.  If it did then they would not have scheduled them in the first place.... In every sport, the coach makes a schedule, it is then passed by the AD then the board. The word I got is it had to do with expenses and traveling to the same district twice. (already play PNG)

[quote name="hitman009" post="751330" timestamp="1264775431"]
[quote author=TAR81 link=topic=65269.msg751280#msg751280 date=1264742808]
I thought the coach sets up his schedule not the school board that says alot about Crosby coaching staff.
[/quote]This whole thing is being blown up so big for nothing.  It has nothing to due with race of the school or fear of the safty of the students and fans of Crosby. It also has nothing to do with the coaching staff.  If it did then they would not have scheduled them in the first place.... In every sport, the coach makes a schedule, it is then passed by the AD then the board. The word I got is it had to do with expenses and traveling to the same district twice. (already play PNG)
[/quote]So what is the reason?

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="751335" timestamp="1264776105"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=65269.msg751330#msg751330 date=1264775431]
[/quote]So what is the reason?
[/quote]The fans don't mind it, we still follow the team no matter where they play. The broncs don't care who they play as long as the competition is there for them. i'll follow my broncs anywhere they play. Most of the good teams are out of your district anyways. Just enjoy yelling for my Broncs. i'll follow them anywheres. No problem. Once coach Stewart schedules a team, he sticks to it. For example Austin L.B.J. "no problem" we still followed. NOW, WHAT'S THE EXCUSE??? ??? ???

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="hitman009" post="751330" timestamp="1264775431"]
[/quote]
Thats whats what they want people to believe  ::) If thats the case then when you play at PNG then make Vidor travel to your place and vise versa the following season. Sounds pretty simple to me.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="751335" timestamp="1264776105"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=65269.msg751330#msg751330 date=1264775431]
[/quote]This whole thing is being blown up so big for nothing.  It has nothing to due with race of the school or fear of the safty of the students and fans of Crosby. It also has nothing to do with the coaching staff.  If it did then they would not have scheduled them in the first place.... In every sport, the coach makes a schedule, it is then passed by the AD then the board. [b]The word I got is it had to do with expenses and traveling to the same district twice. (already play PNG)[/b][/quote]So what is the reason?
[/quote]

He stated that it was financial reasons.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder