crosby drops game with vidor

texans

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoesBros
Ok I was going to refrain from posting about this cause I did recieve a phone early this morning from someone really close to the situation. I didnt want to accuse anybody direct on what happened til all of the facts came out but from what I am hearing right now but Vidor got raw end of this deal. This will be made public soon from what I am hearing.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="SETEXFan" post="750369" timestamp="1264609841"]
It is amazing that this kind of thinking is still so forefront on people's mind after all that Coach Matthews has done to change the image of Vidor.  The Superintendent at Crosby needs to explain his actions and his comments.
[/quote]

What comments? Can you post a link please.

The majority of students white and black live in the Newport subdivision only a small percentage live in Barrett,but they have 2 school board members that still think its the 60's and then all the other board members have no guts because they are worried about the race card..Last year tried to get a bond pass for new school and to update facilities it did not pass due to the school would of had been to be built across 90 to satisfy the few in Barrett..So this does not surprise me at all...Crosby ISD is still under some Federal BS because of what happened in the past..Thats why the few in Barrett control everything in CISD..The school board was going to try and get out of the Federal BS because we have bent over backwards for the last 30 years to meet all the standards for race equality in the schools..They held a rally at school board meeting stating that Crosby would go back to the way it was in the 60's and 70's..So the no guts school board members did nothing......

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="750509" timestamp="1264624060"]
Let Vidor say they are not going to play Crosby because of Barrett station and see how fast Quanell X is on the TV.  Let's see how the reverse plays out.

[/quote]

it'd be interesting to see, wouldn't it?

Let Vidor say they are not going to play Crosby because of Barrett station and see how fast Quanell X is on the TV.  Let's see how the reverse plays out.

[/quote]

Oh you ain't kidding >:(

[/quote]

I don't think there are too many folks in Barrett Station that could afford QX's invoice for his participation.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="750647" timestamp="1264643624"]
I just found this story...I can't believe it.....
[/quote]

I am sure that CISD, if this is true, made this decision based on financial reasons. It is just too expensive in today's economy to play a game this far away. ;)

Spin, spin, spin!

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="750578" timestamp="1264635189"]
Lets drop Crosby out of the SETX boundaries.  Keep Baytown, Huffman, Dayton area and draw a circle around them.   ;D

[/quote]

If your looking to replace them with a single school, Brenham would be happy to fill in...lol.  It's a huge stretch of the boundaries, but there's always exceptions....just an open suggestion.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="750739" timestamp="1264649732"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=65269.msg750578#msg750578 date=1264635189]
Lets drop Crosby out of the SETX boundaries.  Keep Baytown, Huffman, Dayton area and draw a circle around them.   ;D

[/quote]

If your looking to replace them with a single school, Brenham would be happy to fill in...lol.   It's a huge stretch of the boundaries, but there's always exceptions....just an open suggestion.
[/quote]

I know the Cubs fans love to talk about their sports on the net.  Interesting concept, if the Chronicle considers you Southeast Texas, why shouldn't we!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder