Current win streaks of 6 games or more/UPDATED Thru Feb. 12th

Longest win streaks of the season so far:

Hardin-Jefferson       18  (currently have won 28 of last 31 )
Silsbee                    18  ( currently have won 24 of last 25 )
Kountze                  17  (currently have won 29 of last 30 )
Woodville                 12
Ozen                       10
PNG                         9
PAM                        9

Kountze had a 12 game streak and now is currently on a 17 game streak.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="749383" timestamp="1264451459"]
Longest win streaks of the season so far:

Hardin-Jefferson       18  (currently have won 24 of last 25 )
Kountze                  12  (currently have won 23 of last 24 )
Silsbee                    12  ( currently have won 18 of last 19 )
PNG                         9

Kountze had a 12 game streak and now is currently on an 11 game streak.
[/quote]Wow pretty impressive by all these clubs, congrats

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="749376" timestamp="1264450379"]
These are the only teams in the SETX area that have current win streaks of 6 games or more:

[b]Silsbee            12[/b]
Kountze           11
Woodville           7
[b]Hardin-Jefferson  6[/b]
Bmt. Ozen          6
[/quote]One of these ends Fri. night.  Who will it be?

[quote name="utfan06" post="749758" timestamp="1264528935"]
Kountze shouldnt loose untill the playoffs, if they even loose then... Kountze also hasnt lost a home district game in over 9 years! And I see Silsbee keeping there winning streak after this friday:)
[/quote]Miracles have been known to happen. Even Dorthy tapped two times and made it to KS. ;)

[quote name="utfan06" post="750261" timestamp="1264601193"]
Im not over estimating them im just confident that Kountze is gonna take care of tthem!
[/quote]I second that emotion.  New Waverly is no pushover, but Kountze can take them with their "A game".

HJ had to use a superhuman effort to beat Kountze in their home gym, and everyone knows they played poorly against NW.  Only part of that poor play was due to NW's defense.

Given that, Kountze cannot look at this game as a warmup for Austin either.  If they look past NW, they will get smoked.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="750283" timestamp="1264603620"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=65188.msg750261#msg750261 date=1264601193]
Im not over estimating them im just confident that Kountze is gonna take care of tthem!
[/quote]I second that emotion.  New Waverly is no pushover, but Kountze can take them with their "A game".

HJ had to use a superhuman effort to beat Kountze in their home gym, and everyone knows they played poorly against NW.  [u]Only part of that poor play was due to NW's defense.[/u]

Given that, Kountze cannot look at this game as a warmup for Austin either.  If they look past NW, they will get smoked.
[/quote]

What was the other part due to?  Lets not say Missing players because NW was missing two.

[quote name="backdoorcuts" post="750351" timestamp="1264608650"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=65188.msg750283#msg750283 date=1264603620]

HJ had to use a superhuman effort to beat Kountze in their home gym, and everyone knows they played poorly against NW.  [u]Only part of that poor play was due to NW's defense.[/u]

[/quote]

What was the other part due to?  Lets not say Missing players because NW was missing two.
[/quote]The other part was due to just poor play.... period.

Sometimes your team is up and ready to play.  Sometimes they are not.  It's this one intangible that makes these games so unpredictable sometimes.

For exhibit A), I give you the Minnesota Vikings...... They had their A game against Dallas making no mistakes.  Against the saints they had 5 turnovers.  Now part of that was because the Saints were everywhere on defense, but part of that was simply the Vikings fault.  The same could be said about the Cowboys in their games against Philadelphia and Minnesota.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="750381" timestamp="1264610344"]
[quote author=backdoorcuts link=topic=65188.msg750351#msg750351 date=1264608650]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=65188.msg750283#msg750283 date=1264603620]

[/quote]

[/quote]The other part was due to just poor play.... period.

Sometimes your team is up and ready to play.  Sometimes they are not.  It's this one intangible that makes these games so unpredictable sometimes.

For exhibit A), I give you the Minnesota Vikings...... They had their A game against Dallas making no mistakes.  Against the saints they had 5 turnovers.  Now part of that was because the Saints were everywhere on defense, but part of that was simply the Vikings fault.   The same could be said about the Cowboys in their games against Philadelphia and Minnesota.
[/quote]
Well, ok.  IIIIIIIII really can't give that hypothesis much backing, but that is your opinion.  Why is it that in most losses the losing team didn't play well.  Maybe we should say they got outplayed.  That's what happens in that situation, I don't think you should discredit another teams win by making an excuse like the other team didn't play well.  We all know the consequence of not playing well is............losing.  There is no asterisk by that loss on the record book, just says loss.

[quote name="backdoorcuts" post="750435" timestamp="1264616782"]
Well, ok.  IIIIIIIII really can't give that hypothesis much backing, but that is your opinion.  Why is it that in most losses the losing team didn't play well.  Maybe we should say they got outplayed.  That's what happens in that situation, I don't think you should discredit another teams win by making an excuse like the other team didn't play well.  We all know the consequence of not playing well is............losing.  There is no asterisk by that loss on the record book, just says loss.
[/quote]Oh, I agree.  A loss is a loss.  But I saw Texas A&M last week against Colorado.  A&M out-played Colorado in every facet of the game...... except they couldn't hit the open 3.  If you've watched A&M this year, you'll know that they are a decent to good 3-point shooting team.  But I saw the guard repeatedly drive the lane drawing all the defense to him and then pass it to the wide open shooter outside the 3 point line.  And I saw them miss the open shot repeatedly.  A&M probably hit 3-20 from outside the line all night.  That's the ONLY reason a 3 point Aggie win wasn't a 20 point win.  You can't chalk it up to the Colorado defense, because it was very porous.

Now that being said, that is not always the case.  A good defense can make a good offense look bad.  I just don't feel that NW's defense was the only reason that HJ looked bad at the EC matchup.  You're right though, these are only opinions and neither of us can prove the other one is wrong.

But let me bring up another scenario to you.  If you watch the NBA playoffs, you'll often see one team lose a game by 20+ points only to come back and win the next game on the same court against the same team by 20+ points. 

Sometimes you just don't show up to play?  Or did that team get that much better in one game?

[quote name="utfan06" post="749758" timestamp="1264528935"]
Kountze shouldnt loose untill the playoffs, if they even loose then... Kountze also hasnt lost a home district game in over 9 years! And I see Silsbee keeping there winning streak after this friday:)
[/quote]

Didn't EC beat them about a year or so back and end the streak?

[quote name="Tiger90" post="752520" timestamp="1264970242"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=65188.msg749758#msg749758 date=1264528935]
[/quote]

Didn't EC beat them about a year or so back and end the streak?
[/quote]

Key word: HOME game....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin