Is Yates running up the score right or wrong?

Right or wrong?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Right or wrong?

• Right
    • Wrong

when another team loses badly, the winners are said to run up the score but when the shoe is on the other foot, it's just having fun.  You can't have it both ways.  If I can't stop you, that's my fault not yours.  If a game lasts 60 minutes, you play hard for 60 minutes.  The Cowboys couldnt stop the Vikings and maybe if they had gotten to Brett Favre on that blitz, he would not have thrown for his 4th TD.  The loser has only themselves to blame so quit crying foul.  In terms of Yates, you know what what you are facing, if you can't handle it forfeit, cancel the game, or just do the best you can and accept the results.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="745694" timestamp="1263843017"]
Wrong.

I don't believe in running up the score.

As much as I dislike Cowboy fans, I have to agree with them about that last TD that the Vikings scored yesterday.
[/quote]Dislike Cowboy fans or dislike the cowboys?....lol

[quote name="no-look" post="746113" timestamp="1263911689"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64912.msg746104#msg746104 date=1263911108]
Dislike Cowboy fans and Jerry Jones. Got nothing against the players.
[/quote]The verdict is still out on you.......Silsbee fan? ...at least you are an Aggies fan. I'm going to have to think on this......
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the Cowboy fan in a person, not the person.

Our owner of this site is a big Cowboy fan and I give him greif about it all the time, but we are still friends.

[quote name="no-look" post="746113" timestamp="1263911689"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64912.msg746104#msg746104 date=1263911108]
Dislike Cowboy fans and Jerry Jones. Got nothing against the players.
[/quote]The verdict is still out on you.......Silsbee fan? ...at least you are an Aggies fan. I'm going to have to think on this......
[/quote]

If my opinion means anything, Mike.... AKA Aggiearewe.....is a great guy. He loves sports and competition as much of the rest of us, [b]and (my favorite) he is a aggie fan...[/b]

Wait, so a HIGH SCHOOL team that clearly overmatches another should have no problems with totally demoralizing them?  this isn't the pros, or college; most of these kids play for the love of the game.  It is not with the "oversensitivity" of an old lady that I say this--beating teams by 40 has the same effect as beating them by an 80.  And i've been on both sides of the situation; it is a classless thing to beat the snot out of a bunch of high school kids.  Last year school A (not naming names) beat school B in football by a comically excessive ammount.  School B returned the favor in baseball, winning by about 25 runs (cant remember exactly) and would of scored more without a mercy rule.  How are either of these things right?

There are ways to keep clubs from scoring that many.I think the clubs they are playing are responsible for the scores.Slow the game down, let the air out of the ball,trip the breaker , whatever it takes but don't try to run with these rascals.You're not gonna win that battle.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="746577" timestamp="1263960659"]
Wait, so a HIGH SCHOOL team that clearly overmatches another should have no problems with totally demoralizing them?  this isn't the pros, or college; most of these kids play for the love of the game.  It is not with the "oversensitivity" of an old lady that I say this--beating teams by 40 has the same effect as beating them by an 80.  And i've been on both sides of the situation; it is a classless thing to beat the snot out of a bunch of high school kids.  Last year school A (not naming names) beat school B in football by a comically excessive ammount.  School B returned the favor in baseball, winning by about 25 runs (cant remember exactly) and would of scored more without a mercy rule.  How are either of these things right?
[/quote]If you really ask the students involved at these schools, I bet they will tell you running up a baseball score isn't getting revenge or payback for a basketball game. ::) ::)

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="747259" timestamp="1264082570"]
I like Yates running the score up. Hopefully they will score 300 points on somebody before the year is over.
[/quote]You know Ron, I like you better when you are taking your meds ;D Be realistic with your point spreads. No more than 150 points, okay? 300!!!!!! Sheez!

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="747291" timestamp="1264084386"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64912.msg747272#msg747272 date=1264083291]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=64912.msg747259#msg747259 date=1264082570]
I like Yates running the score up. Hopefully they will score 300 points on somebody before the year is over.
[/quote]You know Ron, I like you better when you are taking your meds ;D Be realistic with your point spreads. No more than 150 points, okay? 300!!!!!! Sheez!
[/quote]

I was kidding.
[/quote] ;D me too!

I definitly do not mind with a team running up the score. There are ways for the team to prevent that in football and basketball. Theres no shot clock in highschool basketball...If a team is starting to beat you badly, hold the ball for as long as you want. In football if a team is beating the crap out of you...Then just run the ball and wait for the playclock to get to 1 each time before you snap it. I was apart of the 62-0 loss from WO-S a few years back and I completely dont blame them. It was demoralizing, but we should have played better.

Now leaving the starters in the whole game is a different story; however, if you put in second/third stringers in and you're still beating the crap out of them, then thats the other team's fault for bad preparation and lack of focus.

[quote name="HJ-Hawks25" post="749893" timestamp="1264539306"]
I definitly do not mind with a team running up the score. There are ways for the team to prevent that in football and basketball. Theres no shot clock in highschool basketball...If a team is starting to beat you badly, hold the ball for as long as you want. In football if a team is beating the crap out of you...Then just run the ball and wait for the playclock to get to 1 each time before you snap it. I was apart of the 62-0 loss from WO-S a few years back and I completely dont blame them. It was demoralizing, but we should have played better.

Now leaving the starters in the whole game is a different story; however, if you put in second/third stringers in and you're still beating the crap out of them, then thats the other team's fault for bad preparation and lack of focus.
[/quote]Soken like a true competitor

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin