HOUSTON YATES VS 92 HJ HAWKS WHO WINS???

AI_Fan

Guest stevenash
[quote name="Jackie Moon" post="740099" timestamp="1262905644"]
So lets hear it people if these 2 teams could of played who would win????
[/quote]

Come on Swag, lets hear your insight.

I have nothing to base it on...........until I see Yates in person and cannot make a commitment one way or another............I would say that Yates has an early advantage though because they are ranked nationally!!!  Someone post some footage of a actual game and not the scrimmage that was posted a few weeks ago!!!

I would have to day Yates Nash. No only do Hj rarely have alley-oopers they usually just have a bunch of no shooters with 1 athlete that carries the team. Based in that Yates would be over the "shooters like stank on $----!!! Yates probaly would win by 50. Giving Hj fits with a dose of its own medicine. Hj is only effective when they have the best players in the court. Sooo Yates by 50 Nash. Even tho I don't have a clue who was in that team but I'm pretty sure they didn't have any D1's like Yates have. They can flat out get it done. Hj would be saying this "Coach, their Big, Fast, and Strong" lmao

[quote name="swag" post="740127" timestamp="1262908489"]
I would have to day Yates Nash. No only do Hj rarely have alley-oopers they usually just have a bunch of no shooters with 1 athlete that carries the team. Based in that Yates would be over the "shooters like stank on $----!!! Yates probaly would win by 50. Giving Hj fits with a dose of its own medicine. Hj is only effective when they have the best players in the court. Sooo Yates by 50 Nash. Even tho I don't have a clue who was in that team but I'm pretty sure they didn't have any D1's like Yates have. They can flat out get it done. Hj would be saying this "Coach, their Big, Fast, and Strong" lmao
[/quote]

Last time I checked HJ beat a few teams like that in 1992!!!  You act as if the 92 HJ team could not beat an athletic team??? ::)

OR-----

Are you just saying that a team full of un-athletic basketball players could not compete with a team ful of athletes???

[quote name="Jackie Moon" post="740099" timestamp="1262905644"]
So lets hear it people if these 2 teams could of played who would win????
[/quote] Jackie i see you are playing on HBO tonight game start @  7.00 pm you need to get ready,who are yall playing YATES ;D ;D ;D ;D

I doubt seriously if all of the Yates players grew up in the third ward area.  High school basketball stars play AAU in the offseason.  It is very easy to arrange a bunch of aau all stars to attend the same school.  This is easy to do in a large school district in a large urban area like Houston. So, with all that in mind, Yates would probably beat the '92 HJ team.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="740128" timestamp="1262908751"]
[quote author=swag link=topic=64484.msg740127#msg740127 date=1262908489]
[/quote]

Last time I checked HJ beat a few teams like that in 1992!!!  You act as if the 92 HJ team could not beat an athletic team??? ::)

OR-----

Are you just saying that a team full of un-athletic basketball players could not compete with a team ful of athletes???
[/quote]

Sounds like the HJ vs Kountze games this year. I would definitly say Kountze had more athletes on the floor compared to HJ. Not trying to take anything from HJ, they just are well-coached and know how to play. Athletic teams like Navasota or Cleveland from last year were way more athletic than HJ last year as well. but we all know the outcome of those games.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="Kountzer" post="740526" timestamp="1262954060"]
I doubt seriously if all of the Yates players grew up in the third ward area.  High school basketball stars play AAU in the offseason.  It is very easy to arrange a bunch of aau all stars to attend the same school.  This is easy to do in a large school district in a large urban area like Houston. So, with all that in mind, Yates would probably beat the '92 HJ team.
[/quote]

I have it on pretty good authority that two of the players moved here from California.  The HJ team with the prior scoring record was legitimately made up of kids that all were participants in the HJ little dribblers program.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="740792" timestamp="1262971278"]
Isabell 6'6, Holmes 6'6 and Burke 6'4 all graduated in 1991!!!  We are not comparing the team that won state in 1991..............this is the team that was undefeated and ranked #1 all season until they lost to Groesbeck at the Regional tourney!!!
[/quote]

Okay. I thought the team that set all the scoring records was the team that won state.

My bad.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jameshardy123
    Newest Member
    jameshardy123