More Central hoop problems........!!!!!

[font=Courier]This is from Philip Klein, from setxpollictalreview.com[/font]

BISD Basketball?

Okay - this is one of those that maybe we should not be covering - but we started to get calls from both the public and parents telling the Review about a situation regarding the coach being let go from the Central High Basketball team. Seemingly - former coach Rice who must have said something to parents while he was off duty and not coaching - got the boot from the big cheese.

And that upset some folks. But - and get this one guys - he was replaced by Robert Lee - who has been employed with BISD since (according to the BISD personnel) 1997 as a coach / teacher.

Interesting? Right? We mean - like nothing could be wrong with a guy taking over as head coach? Right?

Well - hang on to your panties kids.

According to sources at BISD that are highly upset - it seems that Coach Lee has some problems. Like - criminal charges?

Do what? Did we just say criminal charges? Convicted and teaching our kids?

Well - at first thought we said to ourselves - no way. No how. Convicted criminals are not teaching our children - right? As well not head coaching as a leader of kids? Right. And then the dirty little secrets comes out.

According to the Texas Department of Public Safety - Coach Robert Lee, AKA Robert James Lee, DOB July 30, 1951, was arrested and charged with Aggravated Robbery in September 1988. He was tried and then found NOT GUILTY of the crime by a jury of his peers.

And we said - that is good news for the kids in BISD! Right?

Then our screen flashed again - and guess what? Uh oh....

Seemingly - the same person - Robert James Lee, DOB July 30, 1951, was arrested on June 3, 1995, for Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon - being a .357 pistol. He was charged, and on May 9, 1996, plead NOLO. He was fined $500 and some other issues. However, there was no adjudication.

So we called around a little - and found the PC affidavit. And we went huh?

According to officer David Burke, of the Beaumont Police Department, they were dispatched regarding a possible stolen car. They found the car. And guess who was leaning inside of it? Coach Lee? Well as the story goes....Lee was messing with something in the front seat and was asked for his ID. Upon looking under things where Lee was messing - they found a big fat .357 pistol - and that was all? No...they found a baby jar with a brillow pad and some type of straw....being ..... a crack pipe? Huh? And then they arrested him for a warrant for hot checks?

Ugh?

So we wanted to make sure we had the right guy - because you know a simple background check for this could have shown what was actually going on and if a teacher could be ... well...convicted of a gun charge and drug charges?

So we got Lee's SS number and DOB and called BISD for verification of employment. And yes - it is him according to BISD.

Now let's Review? We have a long time coach that said something to some muckety mucks that called and complained to Carroll "GOD" Thomas and got the BOOT! And replace him with a convicted criminal that is teaching at BISD?

Huh? Are we in dreamland? Wake us up?

It makes us want to maybe suggest to the media that it would be nice to have criminal checks done on all employees of BISD and see.....awe no. We don't have time for that. Plus - seemingly the screening process is doing great over at BISD.

Maybe another bond? We can trust BISD and Doc Thomas? Right?

Guest JoesBros
I guess the main thing that is confusing to me is he's been coaching/teaching their all of these years and now that he is named Intrem Coach all of this is coming out?

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="732323" timestamp="1261094344"]
Here is someone that has a legitimate horrible background... I hope yall lean, taunt and destroy on him like yall tried to do [b]Coach Yates, who has no viable evidence that he had done anything wrong!!!!!
[/quote][/b]

Except for the last 4 high school jobs he had where he got let go Before basketball season even started let alone the couple of lawsuits that are pending. ;)

Short, you need to quit trusting that man. He isn't as innocent as he tells you.

When the so called lawsuits never manifest, and there is no action taken against him. Then you ought to be the big man and publicly apologize to him, for bastardizing his name.  (And send him an email of it!) And what has this gut ever done to you to have your panties bunched so far up your butt that you insist on constantly demonizing him in some way.  And please don't blame it on internet chatter!

[quote name="CATMAN" post="732367" timestamp="1261099111"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63944.msg732328#msg732328 date=1261095018]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=63944.msg732323#msg732323 date=1261094344]
Here is someone that has a legitimate horrible background... I hope yall lean, taunt and destroy on him like yall tried to do [b]Coach Yates, who has no viable evidence that he had done anything wrong!!!!!
[/quote][/b]

Except for the last 4 high school jobs he had where he got let go Before basketball season even started let alone the couple of lawsuits that are pending. ;)

Short, you need to quit trusting that man. He isn't as innocent as he tells you.
[/quote] If short only new AAW. :o :o :o
[/quote]

I see him him all the time... Still when we see concrete evidence of convictions, I will ride with everything AAW says!!!!  He will have convinced me...

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="732371" timestamp="1261099450"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=63944.msg732367#msg732367 date=1261099111]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63944.msg732328#msg732328 date=1261095018]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=63944.msg732323#msg732323 date=1261094344]
[/quote][/b]

[/quote] If short only new AAW. :o :o :o
[/quote]

I see him him all the time... Still when we see concrete evidence of convictions, I will ride with everything AAW says!!!!  He will have convinced me...
[/quote]

Short, are you saying that he did not get fired from his last 4 high school jobs before basketball season started?

I can name the places if you wish.

is this coach/teacher even certified?sounds like hes more into being shady than teaching kids to do the right things.the parents that couldnt handle rice better chill out with this guy or they might get a .357 cap in their ???????

I don't believe this mess one bit.  Look at how all of this came out.  The author of that 'rant' obviously is someone that is real Close to the former HC.  Coach Lee have been there the whole time and nobody ever heard of this.  Heck, I never even caught wind to this.  This is from someone that have several friends that work for BISD and have recently had close relatives come through thos halls.  Also, notice that the guy never made any bad reference to Rice...  Well, sarcastically, he did...  Sounds fishy to me....  Hmmm...  I wonder if....

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="732626" timestamp="1261155985"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=63944.msg732625#msg732625 date=1261155798]
[font=Courier]Soulja....The guy has zero ties to Rice. This info looks to be true. He did a background check on Robert Lee, which is public info. [/font]
[/quote]

Yep, is true. I ran a check myself.
[/quote] ::) ::) ::)

From a basketball stand point why would you want a coach that had been an assistant in an under acheiving program for years ? From a moral stand point nothing BISD does would surprise me.If the Ozen club doesn't improve very quickly they may be several positions open in Beaumont.When you look at local coaches how in the world do you have Coach Joubert and Coach Williams wanting jobs in BISD and not being given the chance when you have guys like this running the show.Duane and Travis may not have any connections in the BISD but both are great guys who run respectable programs and you don't have to duck when they yell shoot  ::) ::)

[quote name="whsalum" post="732710" timestamp="1261170373"]
From a basketball stand point why would you want a coach that had been an assistant in an under acheiving program for years ? From a moral stand point nothing BISD does would surprise me.If the Ozen club doesn't improve very quickly they may be several positions open in Beaumont.When you look at local coaches how in the world do you have Coach Joubert and Coach Williams wanting jobs in BISD and not being given the chance when you have guys like this running the show.Duane and Travis may not have any connections in the BISD but both are great guys who run respectable programs and you don't have to duck when they yell shoot  ::) ::)
[/quote]

AMEN!!!!

Great post, whsalum.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="732712" timestamp="1261170508"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=63944.msg732710#msg732710 date=1261170373]
[/quote]

AMEN!!!!

Great post, whsalum.
[/quote]Aggie, tell me where I can find you so I can walk up to you and "speak" to you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124