willy ray smith award

ONeal23

[quote name="ONeal23" post="729451" timestamp="1260691749"]
anyone no who the players selected are  ???
hope i on it thats like the high school hesimen to me ;D
[/quote]id nominate 2 players on offense---Ford-kville and ky'sean wesley-PAM

defense-Earl Hines-PAM  and Irvine from kville

[quote name="Squaw1" post="729506" timestamp="1260720270"]
If this award is issued based on ability only, the winner has to be Caleb Harmon.
[/quote]
Caleb will be one of the finalist, but Ford will win the WRS this year as well he should. He put up unreal numbers and led his team to the State title game.

[quote name="zeroturn" post="729660" timestamp="1260738730"]
sarge this award is named for Bubba and Tody Smith father who was a high school coach here at old Charlton Pollard High School, i dont the criteria for it but goes to supposedly best offensive and defensive players in southeast texas C Mike won it .....
[/quote]
Yeah, I remember that...so is this a SETX award and Seniors/Juniors/Sophmores can win it?  Who decides, the coaches I assume.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="kvillefan1992" post="729727" timestamp="1260745589"]
I nominate Ford on Offense, and JaMichael Ervine on Defense from Kirbyville!!!
[/quote]

I would also like to nominate  :  LeFredrick Ford..Offense

JaMichael Ervine..Defense

Both of these players are outstanding young men on and off the Football field...Both have had an outstanding season worthy of recognition....

[quote name="badndn" post="729533" timestamp="1260723920"]
[quote author=Squaw1 link=topic=63727.msg729506#msg729506 date=1260720270]
If this award is issued based on ability only, the winner has to be Caleb Harmon.
[/quote]
Caleb will be one of the finalist, but Ford will win the WRS this year as well he should. He put up unreal numbers and led his team to the State title game.
[/quote]
I agree Ford Has become a team leader and he plays his heart out wen hes on the field. Ford u got my vote for the offensive side and JaMicheal u have my vote for the Defensive side. Both of these young men have made a BIG step upgrom last year and is really great athletes.

[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="729800" timestamp="1260751890"]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=63727.msg729727#msg729727 date=1260745589]
I nominate Ford on Offense, and JaMichael Ervine on Defense from Kirbyville!!!
[/quote]

I would also like to nominate  :  LeFredrick Ford..Offense

JaMichael Ervine..Defense

Both of these players are outstanding young men on and off the Football field...Both have had an outstanding season worthy of recognition....
[/quote]

Speeking of off the field...these young men have both have great Values.....Maybe next time Fred Ford will Smile when I'm trying to take a picture of him with the Deer....I'll have to drag this photo out from the picture box....

[quote name="Wildcats#1" post="730986" timestamp="1260916284"]
Id Nominate::

:Lefredrick Ford #1-RB= Offense
                         :Josh Harris #52 -MLB=Defense

;D ;D
these two players deserve it..ford wth most total yards on offense 7 Harris with Most Tackles all Season
[/quote]

I see these 2 young men up for this award... ;)

All the area coaches nominate an offensive and a defensive player from their school.  Next a committee of newspaper, TV, and radio sport reporters vote on the top 4 O & D players from the coaches' nominees.  Finally, the sports guys vote on the Willie Ray Smith O & D winner from the top four and the winners are announced at a banquet, usually in Feb.,  sponsored by the Beaumont Lions Club.

[quote name="kvillefan1992" post="731196" timestamp="1260939005"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=63727.msg731083#msg731083 date=1260927428]
On offense there is only one   Jeremy Johnson QB Silsbee. Anything else is just a substitute.
[/quote]

keep dreaming..I'm sure the kid is good, but he is no Ford! Sorry,. but LeFrederick Ford should win this hands down.
[/quote]

It's debatable, Ford has great numbers but he also played more games. I watched half of the state final game and PP didnt have an answer for him at all. JJ is going to play for west virginia for a reason, he was a game-changer and could score from anywhere on the field at any time as can ford. Watching him against Navasota who had a very good defense coming into the game was very exicting. He was a threat on every play. Too bad they both play offense.

P.S. Is Ford commited to anyone? If not, who does he want to play for? I assume hes getting recruited, right?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder