Nederland vs Crosby!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to CONGRATULATE each and every one of our boys for one of the most interesting and fun seasons we have every had.  No one outside of our district has a real understanding of what you guys have gone through this season.  The spirit you ignited from the fans was amazing.  THE BOYS AND COACHES ARE A TRUE REPRESENTATION OF BULLDOG HEART AND PRIDE !!!!!!!!!! 

Enjoy the rest of your school year and to those Seniors who will be graduating, it's been a pleasure watching you play.  For the rest of the guys..... can't wait to cheer you on next season. 

THANKS AGAIN FOR A WONDERFUL SEASON !!!!                  GO BULLDOGS !!!!!!!

[quote name="FB19-4AFan" post="708585" timestamp="1258263078"]
Well I guess Crosby did beat Neaderland with alot of sacs (way to go 10, 35, 30, and 24), fumble recovery's (way to go defense), and alot of offense (and not only Merka) Offense executed and controlled the game.  Teamwork and determination won that game.  Sticking to the plan and staying the course.  Neaderland made some awsome plays but could not pull off the win. 

Hats off the Crosby. 
[/quote]

They didn't need to use Merka...

So, what you are saying is that they went the whole game not realizing that Merka didn't have the ball?
Seems like after 34 carries, 223 yds and 5 TD's, someone would have noticed Evans was getting the ball and not Merka.

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="709960" timestamp="1258403275"]
There defense was set up to stop Merka,thats why Evans had so many touches..Merka had no carries in 2nd half..
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="710410" timestamp="1258431735"]
So, what you are saying is that they went the whole game not realizing that Merka didn't have the ball?
Seems like after 34 carries, 223 yds and 5 TD's, someone would have noticed Evans was getting the ball and not Merka.

[quote author=bigdaddyblue link=topic=62048.msg709960#msg709960 date=1258403275]
There defense was set up to stop Merka,thats why Evans had so many touches..Merka had no carries in 2nd half..
[/quote]
[/quote]

Smitty, now that Nederland won't be playing this week, what's a critic like yourself gonna do with his time? 

It was such a strange statement.  Maybe I misunderstood.
As for as your statement:  I'll criticize until they get the defense corrected.  We'll keep an eye on the HC and see what he does about it.  He CAN'T be satisfied, or can he?  What say you?

[quote name="Penny" post="710431" timestamp="1258432625"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=62048.msg710410#msg710410 date=1258431735]

[quote author=bigdaddyblue link=topic=62048.msg709960#msg709960 date=1258403275]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Smitty, now that Nederland won't be playing this week, what's a critic like yourself gonna do with his time? 
[/quote]

Smitty...The defensive plan was about the same as PNG by putting a spy on Merka and not letting him beat you with his legs..Crosby has seen this a lot this year.....The only problem with Nederland defense was there down lineman were getting pushed around pretty good..PNG down lineman controlled our offensive front......

I went to this game proudly wearing my purple and I am sad that the Bulldogs didn't pull off the W.  They gave it a hell of a shot.  I was very proud of them.  I sure didn't think this NDN fan would be yelling D-O-G-G-I-E all afternoon.  I hardly sat down once I got excited about the game.  Nederland has nothing to hang your heads about. 

[quote name="Gtj007" post="711343" timestamp="1258551426"]
Smitty - What kind of Defensive fix do you want?  260 lb. D-limemen that don't get pushed around?
[/quote]

Look, everyone wants to hammer Smitty for basically speaking the truth. As a life long Bulldog fan, I have seen the defense go into the tank over the last three years and anyone who disagrees with that statement has not been going to the games. I am not on here to bash the D coord, I am not bashing the kids, I am not bashing anyone but the facts are facts. However, I do beleive that the Dogs will turn it around starting next year. They have alot of good athletes coming down the pipe.

I have seen the replay.  What you must understand, I never blame the kids. 

[quote name="outanup" post="711686" timestamp="1258584619"]
No Smitty the stats were correct. But, the problem wasnt the scheme, we were simply outmanned. I guess with you not being there you missed that. You missed a good game.  ;)
[/quote]

This "D" problem didn't start three years ago. It's been a problem for many years.  With the exception of around 98, maybe 99, through 03 or 04, the defense has had problems.  The same problems existed when DeRouren was HC.  What's the common denominator?  Everyone knows my solution.  Trust me, you make this change and "D" stats improve 1,000%.
I'm not talking about a total change, but some change is good.  Just look at PN-G. 

[quote name="Roughrider" post="711394" timestamp="1258556502"]
[quote author=Gtj007 link=topic=62048.msg711343#msg711343 date=1258551426]
Smitty - What kind of Defensive fix do you want?  260 lb. D-limemen that don't get pushed around?
[/quote]

Look, everyone wants to hammer Smitty for basically speaking the truth. As a life long Bulldog fan, I have seen the defense go into the tank over the last three years and anyone who disagrees with that statement has not been going to the games. I am not on here to bash the D coord, I am not bashing the kids, I am not bashing anyone but the facts are facts. However, I do beleive that the Dogs will turn it around starting next year. They have alot of good athletes coming down the pipe.
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="711911" timestamp="1258632941"]
This "D" problem didn't start three years ago. It's been a problem for many years.  With the exception of around 98, maybe 99, through 03 or 04, the defense has had problems.  The same problems existed when DeRouren was HC.  What's the common denominator?  Everyone knows my solution.  Trust me, you make this change and "D" stats improve 1,000%.
I'm not talking about a total change, but some change is good.  Just look at PN-G. 

[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=62048.msg711394#msg711394 date=1258556502]
[quote author=Gtj007 link=topic=62048.msg711343#msg711343 date=1258551426]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Change would be good on defense.

[quote name="smitty" post="711911" timestamp="1258632941"]
[/quote]

I believe the difference is in the type of athletes we had from 97-2004 compared to the last 4 years.  We were great on D from 97-2004 with the same DC.  When you have 185 lb. D-linemen going against 260 lb. O-linemen we all know who is usually going to win that battle.  I'm not faulting the kids, but when the opposing teams O-line is on your linebackers 2 seconds after the ball is snapped, the outcome can't be good. We just didn't have the BIG, Athelitic linemen we had several years ago.  Not the fault of the kids, but I don't think you can fault the coaches either.  Look at some of the pictures from 2000 when Nederland was outstanding on Defense.  Look at the D-linemen and LBs.

Scroll to the bootom.  Also check out page 2 and look at the offensive line.

http://www.bigned.com/2000/Bcpopic3.htm

Guest Brubaker
[quote author=smitty link=topic=62048.msg711911#msg711911 date=1258632941]

So out of the last 13 years, Nederland has had 8 dominating defenses (97 starting with Brisendine... to 04 ending with D. Smith/Mohica) and 5 that weren't very good, granted they've been the last five, but your arguement is pretty weak with the "with the exception of 8 straight years" comment.  That one had me scratchin my head.  I can see  that we haven't been good on defense for the past five years, so can everybody else, but for the previous 8, we were DOMINATING on defense, we won with defense and a nasty running game.  Your indictment has some holes in it.  Just my opinion. I do hope we figure it out, but I'd rather figure out what was going on in those 8 years.  James/Out/GTJ have their thoughts, and I would tend to agree with them.

We tend to forget the years previous to 99, all the way through DeRouren that has a common denominator.  The years after 04 is just more of the same that was prior to 99.  Just my opinion. Sure there will be times that people will have a streak of good luck.  But you must realize: anyone can win when you have 11 horses on offense and defense.  But has Nederland not had any talent prior to and after the periods mentioned to have dominating defense's?  I say opportunity has been there through out the years.  Again our kids are no different than any in our district.  
But the bottom line is: is Neumann satisfied?  This is his call.  But personally, I feel we'll be having this same discussion every year until...  
But, but, if we are still discussing this in 4 years, this brings another topic.  And I think you all know what that might be...
PS - Bru, good to hear from you.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="712698" timestamp="1258688229"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=62048.msg711911#msg711911 date=1258632941]
This "D" problem didn't start three years ago. It's been a problem for many years.  With the exception of around 98, maybe 99, through 03 or 04, the defense has had problems.  The same problems existed when DeRouren was HC.  What's the common denominator?  Everyone knows my solution.  Trust me, you make this change and "D" stats improve 1,000%.
I'm not talking about a total change, but some change is good.  Just look at PN-G.  

So out of the last 13 years, Nederland has had 8 dominating defenses (97 starting with Brisendine... to 04 ending with D. Smith/Mohica) and 5 that weren't very good, granted they've been the last five, but your arguement is pretty weak with the "with the exception of 8 straight years" comment.  That one had me scratchin my head.  I can see  that we haven't been good on defense for the past five years, so can everybody else, but for the previous 8, we were DOMINATING on defense, we won with defense and a nasty running game.  Your indictment has some holes in it.  Just my opinion. I do hope we figure it out, but I'd rather figure out what was going on in those 8 years.  James/Out/GTJ have their thoughts, and I would tend to agree with them.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder