Nederland vs Crosby!

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
I expect a good game tomorrow. Nederland has a legendary coach. He always had the Dogs ready to play. Crosby is not taking them lightly.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GrayDog" post="706615" timestamp="1258169171"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=62048.msg706542#msg706542 date=1258167707]
I tell you what why don't we get a couple of you bulldogs fans who say "Crosbys gonna get stomped" come watch the game with me. Ill make you eat crow from gun to gun.

Someone said "if we can get pressure on merka" ... we do realize that Merka has more rushing yards than passing yards? Unless you get some massive penetration no chance of preventing 3 yards a pop...

Dayton game he consitently got 5 yards a carry.

Lee corso time Thier gonna pound it pound it pound it again.

Score? don't care Defense shuts-out those little dotsons.
[/quote]

Coug, you should go over to the BH thread if all you want to do is talk smack!
[/quote]

Sure GREY DOTSON.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="706962" timestamp="1258173315"]
After playing both i like Nederlands chances. I know crosby has improved but ned has also with their new qb. Crosbys defense never stopped us and never really had a chance.
[/quote]

Your doing this *bla bla bla bla* i want you to do this **

[quote name="smitty" post="708336" timestamp="1258252671"]
Whats was the yardage gained by Neds offense?  And what was the yardage gave up on defense?  Anyone have any figures?
[/quote]

According to the Houston Chronicle:

308 yards of total offense
17 first downs

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Nederland had 12 rushing yards and about 280 passing. 170 of those were 4th quarter desparation passes.

Crosby had 268 yards rushing and 92 yards passing.

Maybe next year.

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="703640" timestamp="1257889094"]
[quote author=bobtex link=topic=62048.msg703633#msg703633 date=1257887873]
Crosby 28- Nederland 8 .
[/quote]

We are going to shock this state. I have a feeling something specialo is going to happen for Nederland Saturday. Nederland wins big.
[/quote]

Well I guess Crosby did beat Neaderland with alot of sacs (way to go 10, 35, 30, and 24), fumble recovery's (way to go defense), and alot of offense (and not only Merka) Offense executed and controlled the game.  Teamwork and determination won that game.  Sticking to the plan and staying the course.  Neaderland made some awsome plays but could not pull off the win. 

Hats off the Crosby. 

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="708505" timestamp="1258258644"]
Nederland had 12 rushing yards and about 280 passing. [b]170 of those were 4th quarter desparation passes[/b].

Crosby had 268 yards rushing and 92 yards passing.
[/quote]

Do they count any less than 1st qtr designed passes??  NO

Were those passes completed on Crosby's defense??  YES

Any reason in particular that you need to quantitfy the passing statistic??  just wondering

First of all, congrats to Crosby on the Bi-District win.  Good job yesterday, and best of luck to you guys next week and beyond. 

As for the Dogs, thanks for ending the season on a fantastic note.  Four weeks ago, not many gave you a snowball's chance.  But each of you stepped up as you scratched and clawed your way into the playoffs and into the hearts of the fans.  I am so proud of you guys for what you fought for and accomplished. 

Crosby ran the ball down our throats....literally. We couldn't stop #21. His o-line opened some holes you could drive a Mack truck through. However, after two quick scores, Nederland showed some signs of life. Dionte Forney is an awesome QB. If he had better pass blocking, or if we had called some screen passes to slow down that pass rush, I truly believe Nederland would have prevailed. Down 35-13, it was difficult to be confident....things were looking bleak. But two quick scores, one after an onsides kick, made things very interesting. Also converted two 2-point conversions to make it a 6 point game. These guys played their butts off and this was one of the best games I have seen....even though we lost.

Our defense tightened up and made some great stops. They got screwed big time on that 4th and one. The Crosby runner was tackled down and then he held the ball over the line and they spotted it where he held the ball. I will go to my grave with that call because I was sitting on the 40. He clearly didn't make it, we would have had the ball on the 40...Instead, it gave them life and they went on to score making it 21-7. Please feel free to watch it yourself. Plays like that are game changing. I feel so bad for the players after making such a great stand. Coop knows what I am talking about.

Great season Dogs. You were written off early and showed everyone what grit, determination, and great preparation can accomplish.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298