Good pitching beats good hitting. Name and rank your pitching staff in 20-4a

ha ha.. this is too funny.  i have lived here all my life. watched all the coaches come and go. dont have a kid at all playing in school now but the politics is still there. its pretty easy to see.  I could make just two comments on how i know but it would expose too many  coaches and people in the school.  and im not wanting to do that. i just thought it funny your that blind.... lol

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

contradicted myself???  can you read or you just looking at pics???  I never said a word about any pitchers being better or worse than others.  I just read the post and stated your wrong on the politics.  I dont care who pitches, hits, plays outfield, catches, or sits the bench. I dont worry about what parent wants his or her kid to play what.  I am just saying there IS politics and always will be.  I watch most lumberton sports because we have kin with kids playing.  And when you have coaches telling kids they wont play this or that if they dont play football, or have another say you cant play soccer varsity if you keep playing basketball and on an on..... THAT IS POLITICS my little out of touch friend.  Lumberton coaches fight among themselves in each sep. department.  we don't have the talent pool to tell a kid he/she can't play both.  that is why we will never be anything but average or below average.

Oh and just in case you think all that talk is bogus..  well I have heard the words from the actual caoch/coaches on if a player dont play this he/she will not play on varsity on that.  so this is not hear say....  its fact.  so maybe its YOU who might should not post on this  site again until you realize politics is everywhere... even in our lovely town of lumberton. lol  later.

Make no mistakes about it >>politics ARE in all HS sports, its the dads wearing knee pads that get me. If I had a child that was told he must play another sport to play BB I would have a serious problem with that, when mine did play the only way he (they) could get in athletics was to be on the football team, I think I helped change that somewhat yrs back. I would NOT let mine play football from Jr H on, he was totally dedicated to BB.... 

Guest baseball25
I think we have some people jealous of corbin bell rightnow why be jealous this kid could help lumberton get back to the playoffs for the first time in over five yrs

crazy8, first off be a man and post your name with all this stuff. Quit hiding behind 'crazy8'. Since you're so positive about everything and you're the only one who knows what goes on there apparently. The fact that I spent 4 years playing sports and developed relationships with every coach at the school (and btw, as a player you learn an awful lot about your coach) it just happens. And all of the coaches there are great guys. Every player that has gone through that school would tell you that, unless they did something to get in trouble and get kicked off. As for not playing two or sports and blah blah blah.. I know for a FACT the baseball coaches LOVE football players.. Heck, they both help coach on friday nights! They also don't care if you don't, most of the baseball team lastyear was compiled of ONLY baseball players. I don't know who told you what about not playing two sports. The only time I could see that to be true is if you try to play both soccer and baseball, and it's because they PLAY AT THE SAME TIME. And it's kinda funny how you say lumberton sports are below average. Our football team just won back to back district championships a year ago, both of our soccer teams are solid. Girls basketball, softball, and BASEBALL were within a game or two of the playoffs lastyear. Geez, do you expect every sport to make it every year? And sounds like the only true basis is these apparent "hunting trips" that coach goes on paid for by mr. bell? really.. baseball25 is right, get over the fact that he's good.

I started this topic to see what people thought of their returning pitchers, not to debate who has the biggest cup size or the politics of baseball.  These are high school kids that are still maturing and developing from year to year.  Some will work to get better, some won't.  We won't know until they are put on that stage in a district game. There are plenty of tourney and pre-district games to figure out who the best pitchers are.

Also if Lumberton plans on making a playoff run, they will need Bell, Townsend, Erickson and a few others to step it up on the mound. You can never have too much pitching in baseball, just ask Nederland in game 3 of the regional finals. 

I don't think it matters who is better or not...they have who they want playing no matter if the other guy might do a better job. Jealousy i think that has nothing to do with it,more like being fair would be a better description.If you have a pitcher not getting the job done then what do you do....not in Lumberton. and AJ25 I don't see your real name for everyone to see,whats up with that.your telling others to man up and show theirs, what are you a woman??

This has got to be worse thing i have ever seen people take something who cares who is better than who let the kids play ball townsend happens to be my cousin the kid is a great person in and out of the class room and strives to be the best he can be at anything he does...for u people to starting throwin the kids names out there is absurd.....but there will be politics everywhere u go even in college been there done that......

batbreaker44.. My name is Tyler Wilson. Most people on this site know who I am. And phatmack, I was logging on this time to say exactly what you said. It's my fault for carrying on the conversation as long as I have. All I was doing was defending my school which I devoted countless hours each week to bettering our program. If I have offended anyone, I am sorry. But I'm doing what everyone should do of their alma-mater, and that is defend it. I will stand by the fact that there is no politics there, trust me.. I know. Until you people tell me your names and TRUE stories as to why you believe there is, I won't believe it. As I stated in nearly every post, I never once put down either player in anyy of my post.. So I have nothing to apologize there. And Mack, again I'm sorry for dragging this conversation on.. You know me, I had good intensions in doing so, it just carried away. The rest of this thread [b]WILL[/b] be devoted to[b]ONLY[/b] District 20-4A pitchers. If you want to continue to debate, then send personal messages.

[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=61642.msg692392#msg692392 date=1257004018]
[b]Nederland[/b]
    Kirby Bellow
    Cody Laird
    Tyler Smith
    Nick Cardenas
    Jacob Pitts
    Brett Brown
    [b]Ryan Brady???[/b] 

[i]Is he playing[/i]??? or will it be like last year :'(

With or without him Nederland has a solid bullpen.  After Bellow take your pick who starts and who comes in for relief.  3 lefties and 3 maybe 4 righties that could start for most teams.  If they all get and stay healthy it should be a great season. 

Brady is a heck of a ballplayer and could help any team. He hopefully will play for them, because he has potential to play at the college level.
And Mack, I have to say one more thing to clear ignorance. Batbreaker I think it's sad that you felt it necessary to create an account just to speak on this subject. I also find it funny that the fact Bell is the coach of the fall, it must mean that is a form of politics? In case you don't know, high school coaches cannot be apart of the fall program, meaning a parent must coach. Bell's dad was nice enough to put forth the time and effort to give these kids a place to play this fall. Don't think that has anything to do with Corbin's playing time. He will be the ace again this year, because of how he pitched last year. Not because of the fact his dad coached the fall team. Quit attacking players and their family members. If you have a problem, contact the coach.. Leave your personal vendetas out of this. Now, this is the last time I will comment on this subject, regardless of your response.

aj25  you dont listen very much do you?  I am trying to tell you that i dont know this corbin bell.  taylor townsend or any other baseball player.  I dont care who is good bad great or what.  I am only replying to your nonense of no politics in lumberton.  Im sure this corbin kid is great.  i have no idea. not a topic for me.  or the other players. not a topic at all.  my topic is politics.  so i am typing this very slowly so maybe this time you might understand....  you say no politics.  i say plenty. say my name??? well being in a position of what i am with the school... no thanks.  lol  i talk to the caoches daily too. see them every day too.  big deal.    here is your politics... so pay attention.   boys/girls basketball gym.  bleachers are half blocked off because they are broke.  told no money to fix.  if the bleachers or any thing was wrong on the football field was broke.... fixed immediately.  in the conversation of why the bleachers are not being fixed and that im tired of fielding calls from parents about it... i get told its not that important because its only basketball...   can you say politics???  another thing.  the board approved a new position..  a new AD for the girls.  wow.. excitement comes parents are happy.. the girls will get equal representation... lumberton finally cares right???  oh wait..  we also need a new basketball coach for girls....  here comes killam.  proven winner..  proven motivator.  loved by all...  a returning coach of the past. HE wants the job..  lumberton offers way too little.  in the meeting it is brought up that he will take the AD position and coach the girls team too for the same price they are paying for the AD..  wow...  but wait... the football AD says he already has decided on an AD for the girls position. a FOOTBALL Assistant who knows nothing about basketball.. even says he dont like it... and knows nothing of coaching girls....   POLITICS......  it all revolves around football and football coaches.. the other sports suffer and the girls suffer the most.    This is what is called politics and we have it a plenty... so stop all this stupid ranting about this pitcher over the other pitcher.  im talking politics... and we got plenty of that.

[quote name="AJ25" post="731753" timestamp="1261007819"]
Brady is a heck of a ballplayer and could help any team. He hopefully will play for them, because he has potential to play at the college level.
And Mack, I have to say one more thing to clear ignorance. Batbreaker I think it's sad that you felt it necessary to create an account just to speak on this subject. I also find it funny that the fact Bell is the coach of the fall, it must mean that is a form of politics? In case you don't know, high school coaches cannot be apart of the fall program, meaning a parent must coach. Bell's dad was nice enough to put forth the time and effort to give these kids a place to play this fall. Don't think that has anything to do with Corbin's playing time. He will be the ace again this year, because of how he pitched last year. Not because of the fact his dad coached the fall team. Quit attacking players and their family members. If you have a problem, contact the coach.. Leave your personal vendetas out of this. Now, this is the last time I will comment on this subject, regardless of your response.
[/quote]

Don't worry AJ, one day you wake up and see the world with both eyes open.

I'm Taylor's mother and i want you all to know that i hate the fact that there is comparing and comments being made about my child and another. Taylor is a 16 yr. kid that loves the game of baseball...he has worked very hard to get to where he is today and will continue to practice to make himself a better ball player. If you know Taylor then you know he is a very good kid whom gets along well w/ others and hates CONFLICT! So please stop judging him....he's done nothing wrong...expect become a better ball player over the years. I'm very proud of Taylor and i hope he will always keep his head up and not let little things like this forum get him down. Always stay positive!!

Taylor and Corbin.... Good luck to you and keep up the hard work!!!!!!

THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST POST THAT WILL BE MADE AND I HOPE YOU ALL CAN DO THE SAME!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hawedex
    Newest Member
    hawedex