Nederland vs. Lumberton Predictions?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be a good game. Lumberton is more difficult to prepare for than Vidor and Livingston were. It is pretty much assumed that those teams will run the ball 95% of the time. Lumberton has a good QB who can run and throw well and have some solid WR's. Totally different style than what we have faced the last 2 weeks. I still think that Dionte is what makes the Dogs go and he gets Brady involved. Lumberton has had our number for the last several years. Dogs are in a position to punch their playoff ticket and I think they will

Nederland 24
Lumberton 17

It will be a good game. I think Lumberton wins. Lumberton played a very conservative game against LCM and suffered no injuries.  They are healthy and if I'm reading their body language correctly, their attitude is much better than after the Ozen game.  They seemed to be fired up again and I know both teams will not be holding back here with playoff ramifications amok.

Hard to call. I have no hard feelings against Nederland and I have no great love for Lumberton so this is not from the heart and is totally unbiased. I think it will be hard to call. Any kid who does not get up for this game should not be playing. There is so much on the line. For many seniors this will be there last game! Emotions will be high. I think Nederland will pull this out, but I would not be surprised if Lumberton gets up for it and pulls it out. Prediction turnovers are key. The team that holds on to the ball will come out with the win. Nederland by 3 points. Sorry Big Blue! JMO

Turnovers killed the Dogs through mid season but they have protected the ball well over the last few games. Last night Dionte looked as if he has been at the QB position all year. Great poise in the pocket. He is very stong and accurate with his passes. He is still learning the offense and will continue to improve. The defense is playing much better and are laying some licks. Lumberton will have to score 35 to beat the Dogs in this one.

Prediction

Nederland 31
Lumberton 24

[quote name="Roughrider" post="692615" timestamp="1257019151"]
Turnovers killed the Dogs through mid season but they have protected the ball well over the last few games. Last night Dionte looked as if he has been at the QB position all year. Great poise in the pocket. He is very stong and accurate with his passes. He is still learning the offense and will continue to improve. The defense is playing much better and are laying some licks. Lumberton will have to score 35 to beat the Dogs in this one.

Prediction

Nederland 31
Lumberton 24
[/quote]

couldnt they beat them with 32 then?

[quote name="football fan34" post="692642" timestamp="1257022163"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=61610.msg692615#msg692615 date=1257019151]

Prediction

Nederland 31
Lumberton 24
[/quote]

couldnt they beat them with 32 then?

[/quote]

New Prediction

Nederland 34
Lumberton 24  :)

Think this will be a very tough game for both teams.  Ned seems to be peaking at just the right moment and Lumberton held on to survive a tough game on the road to end their 4 game losing streak.  Turnovers will again decide this game for the Raiders.  If they protect the ball, they are one of the top teams in the district.  I can honestly see this game going to either team and its just too close to call.  Dare I say it:

nah, I cant.  Good luck to both teams.

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="ranger357" post="694147" timestamp="1257134746"]
Should be an all out war on the field, but the L-Train should win this one.
[/quote]

Why?  No reason for L-Train to win this game.  Nobody knows how good Nederland is, heck, they don't know, they've only played with the same qb for two weeks in a row... this will be the third... bad news for LR.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• are you suggesting that if the football coach runs spring drills then the kids won't play fall ball without supervision?  Because if not, this argument has no relevance.  One doesn't take the place of the other.  one the AD has control of, the other he just tries to.  
    • I don't think it is overly hyped.. I am seeing less and less multi-sport kids when it can all be prevented.. A coach teaches l loyalty, work ethic, comradery, integrity, perseverance, etc.. to get kids to buy into their program. They talk about brotherhood and doing what is best for their community.... But some mean all of this  just for football... Kids see into this double standard and will quit.. either while on the field or off...  drives me crazy!!  and again... I work with these kids.. they tell me what they think.. so you can agree or disagree.. its their point of view!!
    • Hmm..... I tend to disagree. I was a multi sport athlete in High School and am now a coach. Kid is not going to be a very good hitter if he only hits in the spring and summer, I took BP and threw (to keep my arm in shape) during football and basketball season. Kid is not going to be a very good QB, WR or DB if he only throws passes, runs routes or covers receivers in the fall or during a few 7 on 7 games after baseball is over. And a kid is never going to be good shooter of the basketball if he only shoots during the basketball season. Skills are honed, not mastered, they need to be developed and practiced repeatedly.
    • and I'll concede that this is more realistic.  but a good AD can make football the primary focus without messing with the success of other sports.
  • Topics