RAIDER FANS

i know we have not been doing as good as our last two seasons but come on show our boys we still believe in them. it was sad seein our stands not as full friday night as they been in the past and seein so many people leave right after half time was over. come on lets pull our boys through the last two weeks with wins.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. During the games i always support the boys on both Offense and Defense whether they are doing well or not. I am not a puppet waiting for something good to happen or the announcer to announce a big down coming up or to stand up. I was impressed with PNG 's fans last week because the whole crowd participated with the cheerleaders and bad with their chants and they were loud. Now thats support! Nobody had to tell them anything. C'mon Raider fans ,don't just show up , let the boys know you are there without them having to look over there shoulders at you.Don't wait for something big to happen either.They play for 48 minutes and they should be supported for 48 minutes. GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="dayton" post="687790" timestamp="1256668482"]
3 hours and 1 reply.... yikes! :-\
[/quote]

I think maybe most of them are packing for the move back to Beaumont. ;D

[quote name="Ranger83" post="687800" timestamp="1256668851"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=61410.msg687790#msg687790 date=1256668482]
3 hours and 1 reply.... yikes! :-\
[/quote]

I think maybe most of them are packing for the move back to Beaumont. ;D
[/quote] :D :D

So ranger, what do you have against Lumberton?  Why don't you tell us where you are from?  Some of the things you are saying on here are just wrong. Nobody is going anywhere, especially to Beaumont.  The raider fans are still here and we still have a chance to make that fourth playoff spot.  You're just another one of those idiots on here who don't know what they are talking about. Get a life.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="hayliv09" post="688346" timestamp="1256704762"]
So ranger, what do you have against Lumberton?  Why don't you tell us where you are from?  Some of the things you are saying on here are just wrong. Nobody is going anywhere, especially to Beaumont.  The raider fans are still here and we still have a chance to make that fourth playoff spot.  You're just another one of those idiots on here who don't know what they are talking about. Get a life.
[/quote]

I have nothing against the TOWN of Lumberton. I am from Baytown, TX. I am not an idiot. I know what I am talking about. I have a life. Thanks for your concerns.

Where are YOU from? How long will you stay? How and why did the population of Lumberton grow SO fast?

Don't hate, elevate!

[quote name="hayliv09" post="688346" timestamp="1256704762"]
So ranger, what do you have against Lumberton?  Why don't you tell us where you are from?  Some of the things you are saying on here are just wrong. Nobody is going anywhere, especially to Beaumont.  The raider fans are still here and we still have a chance to make that fourth playoff spot.  You're just another one of those idiots on here who don't know what they are talking about. Get a life.

[/quote]

So Havliv, What do you have against Beaumont?  Geeze what have we done?  We have life here also?  Why so sensitive?   ROFLMBO  

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
If anybody is interested in moving, come out her to Hamshire-Fannett.  We have several position open immediately on the varsity.  No sense of humor required, so Lumberton residents are welcome.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="688402" timestamp="1256732020"]
[quote author=hayliv09 link=topic=61410.msg688346#msg688346 date=1256704762]
[/quote]

I have nothing against the TOWN of Lumberton. I am from Baytown, TX. I am not an idiot. I know what I am talking about. I have a life. Thanks for your concerns.

Where are YOU from? How long will you stay? How and why did the population of Lumberton grow SO fast?

Don't hate, elevate!
[/quote]

At least they are not on me anymore  8)....something having to do with 8-7  8)

[quote name="Ranger83" post="688402" timestamp="1256732020"]
[/quote]

[b]1. Where are YOU from? 2. How long will you stay? 3.How and why did the population of Lumberton grow SO fast?[/b]

Don't hate, elevate!
[/quote]

Those are easy questions for me........

1.  I'm from Port Arthur

2.  Until my Son completes High School and probably longer

3.  The crime rate in Beaumont on a scale of 1-10 is a 7.  Lumberton is a 2.  To me, that is huge if you want to raise your kid in a safe environment.  The school districts are also rated better concerning education. Beaumont compared to the state is given a 3, and Lumberton a 6. So, those are the main reasons I moved to Lumberton. How's that for an evaluation?

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="thetragichippy" post="689356" timestamp="1256830282"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61410.msg688402#msg688402 date=1256732020]
[/quote]

[b]1. Where are YOU from? 2. How long will you stay? 3.How and why did the population of Lumberton grow SO fast?[/b]

Don't hate, elevate!
[/quote]

1.  I'm from Port Arthur

3.  The crime rate in Beaumont on a scale of 1-10 is a 7.  Lumberton is a 2.  To me, that is huge if you want to raise your kid in a safe environment.  The school districts are also rated better concerning education. Beaumont compared to the state is given a 3, and Lumberton a 6. So, those are the main reasons I moved to Lumberton. How's that for an evaluation?
[/quote]

I'd give it a 5.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="689391" timestamp="1256832028"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=61410.msg689356#msg689356 date=1256830282]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61410.msg688402#msg688402 date=1256732020]
[/quote]

Don't hate, elevate!
[/quote]

1.  I'm from Port Arthur

[/quote]

I'd give it a 5.
[/quote]
LOL, Ranger, I'd move to Dayton before I'd move to Beaumont.  ;)

This is proof positive, the higher you go, the bigger the let down. One of the reasons the stadium was remodeled, what 7 or 8 years back, was because we were overflowing the other side even though we had nothing more than so so teams. Now, we have a couple of great years and stumble this year and it's like roaches in the kitchen, turn the light on and we scattered. I admit, I left early last Friday, it won't happen again, but like I said in another post, it was a combination of disappointment and physical pain (I forgot to take my magnesium). I'll keep an extra bottle of pills in my truck from now on.

Oh and to answer Rangers third question, the how for Lumbertons growth was of course the housing boom as well as expanding industry in the Golden Triangle. The why is a pretty good school district and not being land locked like PNG which has virtually no room to grow and the preception that Lumberton is a really nice community. I once heard estimates that within 20 years Lumbertons' population could actually reach 50,000. Now before anyone pops off, is the perception real or not? That depends on each individuals opinion. I do know one thing for sure, until Interstate 69 is built, we will continue to have traffic jams that rival Houstons' own.  :o  :P

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="689430" timestamp="1256833793"]
I kind of like the education my kids got in Beaumont.  Once all the dummies left things got better really quick.   ;)
[/quote]
Now weed, I have you know I'uns got a grate edacation in Lumbrton. I can speel reel gud and I can calaculate furst rate, well shoot, I don't even haf to take off my shoes to count to 23. Well I evn knows mah history, I know how we beat the English in the American revalation back there in 1865 and how we even whooped them thar northerners from Canada in the civil war back in the 1920's.  ;D :o ;)

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="689427" timestamp="1256833711"]
This is proof positive, the higher you go, the bigger the let down. One of the reasons the stadium was remodeled, what 7 or 8 years back, was because we were overflowing the other side even though we had nothing more than so so teams. Now, we have a couple of great years and stumble this year and it's like roaches in the kitchen, turn the light on and we scattered. I admit, I left early last Friday, it won't happen again, but like I said in another post, it was a combination of disappointment and physical pain (I forgot to take my magnesium). I'll keep an extra bottle of pills in my truck from now on.

Oh and to answer Rangers third question, the how for Lumbertons growth was of course the housing boom as well as expanding industry in the Golden Triangle. The why is a pretty good school district and not being land locked like PNG which has virtually no room to grow and the preception that Lumberton is a really nice community. I once heard estimates that within 20 years Lumbertons' population could actually reach 50,000. Now before anyone pops off, is the perception real or not? That depends on each individuals opinion. I do know one thing for sure, until Interstate 69 is built, we will continue to have traffic jams that rival Houstons' own.  :o  :P
[/quote]

What industry is there in the Golden Triangle area? (Seriously) I can remember going to my grandparents in Silsbee and stopping in Lumberton only because they had a stop light. I would assume that the town was founded around the Kirby paper mill and the lumber industry. What has changed?

I think we all assume, I know I do, that the "white flight" from Beaumont has played a much larger role than any "expanding industry" for the growth in Lumberton.

Is that wrong? Not entirely. What people must understand is that the schools and the school districts are only as good as "active" parents make them. Diversity is just a way of life. Schools do not rot at the roots, they rot from the branches down.

(There, I'm done being serious)

The more I read this thread, the more I start seeing ignorant people that obviously have something against beaumont for some strange reason.  But trust and believe.  I know the reason why.  It's really sad.

But you know what?  I will continue to talk FOOTBALL, which is what this thread is about.  

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="689449" timestamp="1256834525"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=61410.msg689430#msg689430 date=1256833793]
I kind of like the education my kids got in Beaumont.  Once all the dummies left things got better really quick.   ;)
[/quote]
Now weed, I have you know I'uns got a grate edacation in Lumbrton. I can speel reel gud and I can calaculate furst rate, well shoot, I don't even haf to take off my shoes to count to 23. Well I evn knows mah history, I know how we beat the English in the American revalation back there in 1865 and how we even whooped them thar northerners from Canada in the civil war back in the 1920's.  ;D :o ;)
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="Ranger83" post="689452" timestamp="1256834753"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=61410.msg689427#msg689427 date=1256833711]

[/quote]

What industry is there in the Golden Triangle area? (Seriously) I can remember going to my grandparents in Silsbee and stopping in Lumberton only because they had a stop light. I would assume that the town was founded around the Kirby paper mill and the lumber industry. What has changed?

I think we all assume, I know I do, that the "white flight" from Beaumont has played a much larger role than any "expanding industry" for the growth in Lumberton.

Is that wrong? Not entirely. What people must understand is that the schools and the school districts are only as good as "active" parents make them. Diversity is just a way of life. Schools do not rot at the roots, they rot from the branches down.

[/quote]

I think your right, the "white flight" did play a huge roll in Lumberton population. With that said, why would people choose Beaumont versus Lumberton if Lumberton had better schools, better crime rate and new houses.  I moved for the reasons I stated. I'm sure others moved for different reasons, just don't paint with such a large brush.  :)

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="thetragichippy" post="689520" timestamp="1256837923"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61410.msg689452#msg689452 date=1256834753]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=61410.msg689427#msg689427 date=1256833711]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think your right, the "white flight" did play a huge roll in Lumberton population. With that said, why would people choose Beaumont versus Lumberton if Lumberton had better schools, better crime rate and new houses.  I moved for the reasons I stated. I'm sure others moved for different reasons, just [b]don't paint with such a large brush.[/b]  :)
[/quote]

Fair assesment. Be sure to use that same brush.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder