RAIDER FANS

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="689454" timestamp="1256834802"]
The more I read this thread, the more I start seeing ignorant people that obviously have something against beaumont for some strange reason.  But trust and believe.  I know the reason why.  It's really sad.

But you know what?  I will continue to talk FOOTBALL, which is what this thread is about.  
[/quote]

Ima here with you Soulja---nothing makes a good dish better than just the right amount of salt and pepper.  When you have too much of one without the other it gets nasty.  8)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Ranger83" post="689539" timestamp="1256839207"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=61410.msg689520#msg689520 date=1256837923]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61410.msg689452#msg689452 date=1256834753]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=61410.msg689427#msg689427 date=1256833711]
This is proof positive, the higher you go, the bigger the let down. One of the reasons the stadium was remodeled, what 7 or 8 years back, was because we were overflowing the other side even though we had nothing more than so so teams. Now, we have a couple of great years and stumble this year and it's like roaches in the kitchen, turn the light on and we scattered. I admit, I left early last Friday, it won't happen again, but like I said in another post, it was a combination of disappointment and physical pain (I forgot to take my magnesium). I'll keep an extra bottle of pills in my truck from now on.

Oh and to answer Rangers third question, the how for Lumbertons growth was of course the housing boom as well as expanding industry in the Golden Triangle. The why is a pretty good school district and not being land locked like PNG which has virtually no room to grow and the preception that Lumberton is a really nice community. I once heard estimates that within 20 years Lumbertons' population could actually reach 50,000. Now before anyone pops off, is the perception real or not? That depends on each individuals opinion. I do know one thing for sure, until Interstate 69 is built, we will continue to have traffic jams that rival Houstons' own.  :o  :P
[/quote]

What industry is there in the Golden Triangle area? (Seriously) I can remember going to my grandparents in Silsbee and stopping in Lumberton only because they had a stop light. I would assume that the town was founded around the Kirby paper mill and the lumber industry. What has changed?

I think we all assume, I know I do, that the "white flight" from Beaumont has played a much larger role than any "expanding industry" for the growth in Lumberton.

Is that wrong? Not entirely. What people must understand is that the schools and the school districts are only as good as "active" parents make them. Diversity is just a way of life. Schools do not rot at the roots, they rot from the branches down.

(There, I'm done being serious)

[/quote]

I think your right, the "white flight" did play a huge roll in Lumberton population. With that said, why would people choose Beaumont versus Lumberton if Lumberton had better schools, better crime rate and new houses.  I moved for the reasons I stated. I'm sure others moved for different reasons, just [b]don't paint with such a large brush.[/b]  :)
[/quote]

Fair assesment. Be sure to use that same brush.
[/quote]

Absolutely, and if I came across the wrong way, I apologize.  I'm not making personal opinions about the good people of Beaumont, just using statistics. I'm sure both communities has their pros and cons!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="thetragichippy" post="689559" timestamp="1256840557"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61410.msg689539#msg689539 date=1256839207]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=61410.msg689520#msg689520 date=1256837923]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61410.msg689452#msg689452 date=1256834753]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=61410.msg689427#msg689427 date=1256833711]
This is proof positive, the higher you go, the bigger the let down. One of the reasons the stadium was remodeled, what 7 or 8 years back, was because we were overflowing the other side even though we had nothing more than so so teams. Now, we have a couple of great years and stumble this year and it's like roaches in the kitchen, turn the light on and we scattered. I admit, I left early last Friday, it won't happen again, but like I said in another post, it was a combination of disappointment and physical pain (I forgot to take my magnesium). I'll keep an extra bottle of pills in my truck from now on.

Oh and to answer Rangers third question, the how for Lumbertons growth was of course the housing boom as well as expanding industry in the Golden Triangle. The why is a pretty good school district and not being land locked like PNG which has virtually no room to grow and the preception that Lumberton is a really nice community. I once heard estimates that within 20 years Lumbertons' population could actually reach 50,000. Now before anyone pops off, is the perception real or not? That depends on each individuals opinion. I do know one thing for sure, until Interstate 69 is built, we will continue to have traffic jams that rival Houstons' own.  :o  :P
[/quote]

What industry is there in the Golden Triangle area? (Seriously) I can remember going to my grandparents in Silsbee and stopping in Lumberton only because they had a stop light. I would assume that the town was founded around the Kirby paper mill and the lumber industry. What has changed?

I think we all assume, I know I do, that the "white flight" from Beaumont has played a much larger role than any "expanding industry" for the growth in Lumberton.

Is that wrong? Not entirely. What people must understand is that the schools and the school districts are only as good as "active" parents make them. Diversity is just a way of life. Schools do not rot at the roots, they rot from the branches down.

(There, I'm done being serious)

[/quote]

I think your right, the "white flight" did play a huge roll in Lumberton population. With that said, why would people choose Beaumont versus Lumberton if Lumberton had better schools, better crime rate and new houses.  I moved for the reasons I stated. I'm sure others moved for different reasons, just [b]don't paint with such a large brush.[/b]  :)
[/quote]

Fair assessment. Be sure to use that same brush.
[/quote]

Absolutely, and if I came across the wrong way, I apologize.  I'm not making personal opinions about the good people of Beaumont, just using statistics. I'm sure both communities has their pros and cons!
[/quote]

Good Luck to you and the Raiders on the remainder of their season.

[quote name="meanjoe" post="689616" timestamp="1256843463"]
At least Lumberton folks don't mind working and spending money in Beaumont!
[/quote]

Thats because we have a 5AAAAA powerhouse WALMART while Lumberton  is a 3AAA Walmart.  You are also welcome to enjoy an adult beverage while you are visiting.  ;D

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="689627" timestamp="1256843859"]
[quote author=meanjoe link=topic=61410.msg689616#msg689616 date=1256843463]
[/quote]

Thats because we have a 5AAAAA powerhouse WALMART while Lumberton  is a 3AAA Walmart.  You are also welcome to enjoy an adult beverage while you are visiting.   ;D
[/quote]

Since this has nothing to do with football or the raiders then I will put in my .02....You may have the 5AAAAA powerhouse wal-mart, but will you still have those nice wheels on your ride when you walk out, or how about your stereo, heck is your ride still there? Just speaking from experience. No pun intended.

[quote name="BORAM" post="689660" timestamp="1256844928"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=61410.msg689627#msg689627 date=1256843859]
[/quote]

Thats because we have a 5AAAAA powerhouse WALMART while Lumberton  is a 3AAA Walmart.  You are also welcome to enjoy an adult beverage while you are visiting.   ;D
[/quote]

Since this has nothing to do with football or the raiders then I will put in my .02....You may have the 5AAAAA powerhouse wal-mart, but will you still have those nice wheels on your ride when you walk out, or how about your stereo, heck is your ride still there? Just speaking from experience. No pun intended.
[/quote]you need to worry about turbo charging that l-train mota scoota!

[quote name="meanjoe" post="689679" timestamp="1256846086"]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=61410.msg689660#msg689660 date=1256844928]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=61410.msg689627#msg689627 date=1256843859]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]you need to worry about turbo charging that l-train mota scoota!
[/quote]

[size=16pt][b]IJWMPLOL[/b][/size] ;D ;D

I'd like to throw in my two cents here as well. This is a sports forum. This is high school football. It's a kids game that we all have an interest in. To see people attack Lumberton as some "white flight" community or to label all of Beaumont as the "hood" bothers me. I don't know why we, as adults, have to lower ourselves to such a level. I live in Lumberton but I am not a racist nor do I hate Beaumont. I support our youth (be they white, black, green, etc.) and I am thankful that we have a kids game (high school football) to help bring us together. Let's not let other "petty" opinions ruin that bond. This thread could easily go much further south from here and turn into something that none of us want. So, let's keep the talk between the goal lines and above the junior high level.

And, if Central makes a playoff run, this white Lumbertonite will be rooting for them all the way just as I know a lot of members of this forum (from outside Lumberton - be they black or white) rooted for a bunch of written off Raiders when they finally made the playoffs. We are all part of Southeast Texas, a great place to live in my opinion, and we should be proud of all of our local youth for the efforts they put forth on the playing field.

Lastly...don't worry about the Raiders. We have a lot of kids coming up and I think Coach Creduer has laid a foundation that will keep us competitive for years to come. We should all hope so because it definitely makes it that much more exciting in 20-4A when the competition is strong and the outcome is unpredictable.

Well spoken LR1969 and I couldn't agree more.  I'll throw my 2 cents in as well.  It's easy for anyone to get upset when others make ignorant comments.  We've all come a long way from the way it used to be and let's be proud of that and keep moving forward.  Let's not get sucked in or fooled by someone else's ignorance.  If you hear it, just consider the source and move on.  There will always be ignorance in the world.

[quote name="liltex" post="689868" timestamp="1256860062"]
Nice post ;)Now can we get the UIL to bring Dayton back into the 20-4A dist.To make it even better. ;D
[/quote]

I would welcome that! There may be a lot of trash talking between Dayton fans and Lumberton fans (as well as a few other 20-4A schools) but there is no doubt that Dayton helped make 20-4A a very competitive and exciting district. I miss their presence and would love to see them back in the mix.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="689427" timestamp="1256833711"]

[/quote]

I know you didnt mean it as a dig against PNG, but it sounded like it a bit.  I dont want to expand anymore in Port Neches.  We have 400+ more kids than you in our highschool, so, once you reach that student registration....if you do, which I heard you will not due to the city being unable to accomodate much expansion with your infrastructure....due to lack of businesses, then we will see how much room you have left.  Hell, as a matter of fact, I know many areas in Port Neches and Groves that are expanding, so bring your butts to PNG.....GREAT school district, GREAT football, and NICE community.

Aside from that, why is everyone so afraid to mention the real reason in Lumbertons expansion?  I hear it from just about every Lumberton person that I know who has relocated out to Lumberton.

[quote name="Layingemdown" post="689886" timestamp="1256862237"]

[/quote]

I know you didnt mean it as a dig against PNG, but it sounded like it a bit.  I dont want to expand anymore in Port Neches.  We have 400+ more kids than you in our highschool, so, once you reach that student registration....if you do, which I heard you will not due to the city being unable to accomodate much expansion with your infrastructure....due to lack of businesses, then we will see how much room you have left.  heck, as a matter of fact, I know many areas in Port Neches and Groves that are expanding, so bring your butts to PNG.....GREAT school district, GREAT football, and NICE community.

Aside from that, why is everyone so afraid to mention the real reason in Lumbertons expansion?  I hear it from just about every Lumberton person that I know who has relocated out to Lumberton.
[/quote]

My wife and I both grew up in areas that have very diverse demographics.  We both work in Beaumont, but we moved to Lumberton after living in Beaumont for 5 years because we wanted our kids to live in a community where the schools have no gangs and the neighborhoods have little crime.  Also the air does not have the chemicals like Beaumont or mid county.  Now I'd like to know the "real" reason you're talking about?  It's not race.

Lumberton will be Beaumont in less than 5 yrs....Annex...then I will send all the gangs to the area formerly known as Lumberton....to steal cars from the AAAWalmart and pollute the air and build freeways that connect Houston to LA...

OMG

you guys are rediculous...we live in Beaumont...not Chicago or inner Houston...with the pollution of LA??

Whatever....your only 6 miles away and you think your crap don't stink.

Like I said...this is supposed to be a forum about football...not community bashing. As much as I'd like to comment more about the "off-topic" discussion, I know doing so will only make it worse. So, again, let's talk football. I think the Raider fans have been phenomenal the past three seasons. Will numbers die off a little if we're not winning? Sure they will, just as they do in just about every other sports venue out there. People love a winner. There's nothing wrong with that. It's human nature. Win games and people will flock to the games. Lose games and many will stay home. Does that mean they don't support their kids/town, etc.? No. It just means that it's far more exciting to be a part of something that has the potential to go somewhere (the playoffs in this case).

I'm one of those people myself. I went to games for years when the wins were few and far between but I didn't go out of my way to make the games to the extent that I have since things turned around. It's been far more exciting and it has given our community a sense of identity and something to rally behind. That's a good thing. It's a good thing in any community and it just shows how powerful high school sports can be.

I think a good deal of fan support will continue now that a foundation has been laid. Will it be better during more successful seasons? You bet it will! I would even go so far as to say that PN-G, despite their already very loyal following (probably no better per capita fan support in Texas), is probably seeing a few more ticket sales this season than they did last year. It's just human nature.

Still have foolish comments going on...  You don't think there are gangs and stuff in Lumberton?  Come on now.  There may even be gang activity.  But I do know for a fact there is violence out there. 
The chemicals comment?  In lumberton, you have to smell that ceud from the wood/paper mills, so don't let the bad fums thing be your excuse.  Just come straight out and tell us why you ran out of Beaumont.  Man, these comments get more and more ridiculous...

[quote name="LR1969" post="689856" timestamp="1256858803"]
I'd like to throw in my two cents here as well. This is a sports forum. This is high school football. It's a kids game that we all have an interest in. To see people attack Lumberton as some "white flight" community or to label all of Beaumont as the "hood" bothers me. I don't know why we, as adults, have to lower ourselves to such a level. I live in Lumberton but I am not a racist nor do I hate Beaumont. I support our youth (be they white, black, green, etc.) and I am thankful that we have a kids game (high school football) to help bring us together. Let's not let other "petty" opinions ruin that bond. This thread could easily go much further south from here and turn into something that none of us want. So, let's keep the talk between the goal lines and above the junior high level.

And, if Central makes a playoff run, this white Lumbertonite will be rooting for them all the way just as I know a lot of members of this forum (from outside Lumberton - be they black or white) rooted for a bunch of written off Raiders when they finally made the playoffs. We are all part of Southeast Texas, a great place to live in my opinion, and we should be proud of all of our local youth for the efforts they put forth on the playing field.

Lastly...don't worry about the Raiders. We have a lot of kids coming up and I think Coach Creduer has laid a foundation that will keep us competitive for years to come. We should all hope so because it definitely makes it that much more exciting in 20-4A when the competition is strong and the outcome is unpredictable.
[/quote] Very good post! If everyone thought like this the world would be a better place.

[quote name="meanjoe" post="690009" timestamp="1256869523"]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=61410.msg689856#msg689856 date=1256858803]

[/quote] Very good post! If everyone thought like this the world would be a better place.
[/quote]wanted to respond to that post, and I'm so glad you did, my Irish temper sometimes gets the best of me! well said, thank you!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What were the issues at Rusk?  SB, Admin, Culture, Pay?  Inquiring minds would like to know.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up From the article: “As a parent, then as a homeowner, if you have some equity in your home, then you can say to your child, you know, ‘don’t take out the loan,’” she said. “‘I’ll take out some of the equity to help you pay for tuition so that you don’t graduate with extraordinary student loan debt, and so that when you graduate, you can do your dream job.’” Essentially, Harris suggested that parents give their kids a leg up in the world by being the ones to take out a loan instead. Except theirs would have much higher stakes than just needing to be paid back — it could mean losing their home. 🤦‍♂️
    • Good luck and safe travels. Bring it home.
    • It has been frustrating seeing the lack of coverage from virtually EVERY media outlet.  We (Chester) are in the SE Texas coverage area.  There are no radio broadcast from our area, and Ch 12 is the only one that has even mentioned it.   I know I could have gotten donations to cover a SETX Sports broadcast.  Oh well, water under the bridge - we aren’t as big as Silsbee, WO-S or PN-G.
    • PJ LOCKE                                DENVER BRONCOS               BMT CENTRAL  GRAYLAND ARNOLD           PITTSBURGH STEELERS        KOUNTZE  ELANDON ROBERTS             PITTSBURGH STEELERS        P.A MEMORIAL  TONY BROWN                   CLEVELAND BROWNS              BMT OZEN  ERIK MCCOY                        NEW ORLEANS SAINTS               LUFKIN  DAN MOORE                    PITTSBURGH STEELERS                BMT WESTBROOK  ROSCHON JOHNSON          CHICAGO BEARS                      PNG    PLAYERS I COULD COME UP WITH IN NFL.  NOT SURE IF ALL ARE STILL WITH CURRENT TEAMS. 
  • Topics