Evadale @ Chester predictions

bignazty

[quote name="immastar4" post="686660" timestamp="1256578196"]
[quote author=Chester86 link=topic=61359.msg686534#msg686534 date=1256571123]
I love my 'Jackets, but they will be limping into this game.  The injury bug hit hard, and the kids will be struggling.  I look for <b>Evilsmell,</b> oops, sorry Evadale (I can't spell) to take this big.  Hang in there Chester, and hope those kids are doing better.
[/quote]

Hahaha, hilarious. Evadale will beat ya'll, like always, so if dissing their town makes you feel better, so be it. :)
[/quote]

Man, there was no "dissing" intended.  One of my best friends is from Evadale, and when I pick with him that's what I always called it.  His son is actually on the team right now, and I hope ya'll can have a great run into the playoffs.  Not everything typed is a shot across the bow, I think far too many people take things too seriously on here.  Best of luck to the Rebels for the remainder of the season.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Chester86" post="688369" timestamp="1256716052"]
[quote author=immastar4 link=topic=61359.msg686660#msg686660 date=1256578196]
[quote author=Chester86 link=topic=61359.msg686534#msg686534 date=1256571123]
I love my 'Jackets, but they will be limping into this game.  The injury bug hit hard, and the kids will be struggling.  I look for <b>Evilsmell,</b> oops, sorry Evadale (I can't spell) to take this big.  Hang in there Chester, and hope those kids are doing better.
[/quote]

Hahaha, hilarious. Evadale will beat ya'll, like always, so if dissing their town makes you feel better, so be it. :)
[/quote]

Man, there was no "dissing" intended.  One of my best friends is from Evadale, and when I pick with him that's what I always called it.  His son is actually on the team right now, and I hope ya'll can have a great run into the playoffs.  Not everything typed is a shot across the bow, I think far too many people take things too seriously on here.  Best of luck to the Rebels for the remainder of the season.
[/quote]

sorry man. read the first post wrong. didnt mean anything to get started.

I heard that back in the 90's Chester's coach at the time mentioned that they should probably drop to six-man, but the community didn't like that too much at all and got rid of him.

Chester should stay at 11 man football but a few of the players should suck it up and quit bein scared. I think that everyone in the town is scared that someone might be hurt for baseball.  A few years ago nothin was said about the season bein canceled. They just played anyway. It was not a question. The district was way tougher also with Groveton, Lovelady and West Sabine. That showed a tremendous amount of courage by the players that led to them having a winning record last year i believe.  Now everyone is just scared. That bein said i wish the hurt players all the best and hope that they recover quickly.

[quote name="Saints_25" post="689981" timestamp="1256867941"]
Chester should stay at 11 man football but a few of the players should suck it up and quit bein scared. I think that everyone in the town is scared that someone might be hurt for baseball.  A few years ago nothin was said about the season bein canceled. They just played anyway. It was not a question. The district was way tougher also with Groveton, Lovelady and West Sabine. That showed a tremendous amount of courage by the players that led to them having a winning record last year i believe.  Now everyone is just scared. That bein said i wish the hurt players all the best and hope that they recover quickly.
[/quote]

Wow..... it's amazing that a psychologist finds the time to post something about one of the smallest 1-A schools in the state.  I mean, you would have to be someone in the mental health field to know how young men and an entire community feel.  To post that the team cancelled the season because they were "scared" is amazing.  When you lose six (6) kids at one game, with several to serious injuries, and you don't have many players to begin with it is easy to see why the district made the decision they did.  I guarantee you that most of those kids disagreed with the school district, but the decision was made anyway.  As far as the six-man thing goes that everyone keeps posting about, logistically it's not feasible.  Six-man football is primarily in west-Texas, and economically it would be very taxing for the district. 

The schools in 23-A must stick together, as the state sometimes makes reference to consolidation of small schools.  Everyone knows we do not want this.  Keep Chester in your prayers for a speedy recovery and don't forget H-I as they are struggling with enrollment from IKE.  Hopefully Chester and H-I will get a big number of move-ins and boost their enrollment.  Good luck to all of our 23-A teams and hopefully the schools will see increases in enrollment and improve success in all of their athletic teams.  Have a great weekend.

[quote name="txstar" post="690233" timestamp="1256908114"]
The schools in 23-A must stick together, as the state sometimes makes reference to consolidation of small schools.  Everyone knows we do not want this.  Keep Chester in your prayers for a speedy recovery and don't forget H-I as they are struggling with enrollment from IKE.  Hopefully Chester and H-I will get a big number of move-ins and boost their enrollment.  Good luck to all of our 23-A teams and hopefully the schools will see increases in enrollment and improve success in all of their athletic teams.  Have a great weekend.
[/quote]Well said big guy.  You should post more often, kinda spreads positive karma through the threads... ;D ;D

Please don't jump me for asking a question! I just want to know?

I heard that the realignment count for Chester was 59 - Is that correct?

If that is correct how many young men are in that number?

Now for the sticky question....At what number of students does a school have to fall to making it too expensive to have a staff in the high school to afford to keep the doors open?

I know that schools go through cycles, but with teachers for English, Science, Math, Social Studies, Spanish(?), Athletics one for boys and one girls, ag(?) and one other elective thats 9 teachers with even an average of $25,000 (which is on the low end) that $225,000 in salaries alone and that does not count administration which I am sure they share in some way.

I am not advocating consolidation, dropping to 6 man or anything of the sort. I just want to know is there are trigger that makes the cost of a school have to be looked at in a different way in order to provide a well rounded education for students and the best use of the money that people pay in taxes?

Please I am not trying to start anything I really just want to know!

[quote name="Saints_25" post="689981" timestamp="1256867941"]
[/quote]

What an insensitive, rude and ignorant thing to say. No one is scared in Chester. They showed that in the High Island game where SEVEN starters were injured. The Chester boys played that entire game with NO fear and with all heart. Even after watching one of their teammates leave in Life Flight! By the way, I am not from Chester. I am actually a High Island mom, but have been in constant contact with a couple of Chester players. They are completely "bummed" the season was canceled.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="690378" timestamp="1256914822"]

Now for the sticky question....At what number of students does a school have to fall to making it too expensive to have a staff in the high school to afford to keep the doors open?

I know that schools go through cycles, but with teachers for English, Science, Math, Social Studies, Spanish(?), Athletics one for boys and one girls, ag(?) and one other elective thats 9 teachers with even an average of $25,000 (which is on the low end) that $225,000 in salaries alone and that does not count administration which I am sure they share in some way.

I am not advocating consolidation, dropping to 6 man or anything of the sort. I just want to know is there are trigger that makes the cost of a school have to be looked at in a different way in order to provide a well rounded education for students and the best use of the money that people pay in taxes?

[/quote]

58 kids  26 of them boys  20 played football.  One player broke his foot a week earlier and all the injuries in the HI game.  It left 12 guys. 

[quote name="BOSoxfan4life" post="690406" timestamp="1256916026"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=61359.msg690378#msg690378 date=1256914822]

[/quote]

58 kids  26 of them boys  20 played football.   One player broke his foot a week earlier and all the injuries in the HI game.  It left 12 guys. 
[/quote]

Thanks BOSoxfan!

You must be a parent in Chester if you are does the cost/tax/quality debate get talked about? You can PM me if you do not want to discuss on this open forum.

Rebel Yeller:  Cost and quality are always, always subjects that are discussed in our district.  With 182 students K-12 would you expect any less?  However, we always strive to insure that our kids are not slighted in the classroom or on the field/court.  And with the Lord's help we have always been able to provide for our kids.  We do not anticipate losing the decades-long tradition of 11-man football any time soon.  And even though our numbers are expected to be down for the next year or two, don't think for a moment that our boys will not try to work hard to compete.  Fear is NOT in our vocabulary.  Thanks justryansmom for noting that character trait in our boys.  I can't say that I have seen a community where the kids have such big hearts.  And we've been seeing it more and more in recent years.  And the blessing in it all is that our kids don't just have a heart on the field, they have it off the field as well.  It doesn't just stop with the high school kids either, nor with just the boys.  We have a great bunch of girls and kids coming through Jr. High that I expect to see the same character traits as well.

And for our High Island friends, when you see the inexcusable comments by know-nothing critics of high school kids (read the Beaumont Enterprise) just know that it doesn't come from anyone who knows either team.  Why slam kids???  What a blessing to know that both sides gathered for prayer on that field that night.  That just does not reflect a group of boys out to hurt others.

Thanks to all who have prayed for our kids and our community.  May God bless you in all you do!  Yellowjacket Mom

[quote name="fbmom" post="690882" timestamp="1256937112"]
And for our High Island friends, when you see the inexcusable comments by know-nothing critics of high school kids (read the Beaumont Enterprise) just know that it doesn't come from anyone who knows either team.  Why slam kids???   What a blessing to know that both sides gathered for prayer on that field that night.  That just does not reflect a group of boys out to hurt others.

Thanks to all who have prayed for our kids and our community.  May God bless you in all you do!   Yellowjacket Mom
[/quote]

Its the Enterprise, they finally found some sort of a story about the little schools.  It is just to bad that they don't do a story about the small schools and what it takes for these young men to commit to something that means so much to football fans across Texas.

"The Cardinal Fan"
Roger George

To fbmom and all of Chester

I want you to know that I have the utmost respect for Chester the school and the community. I know that you all will be stronger and that you will support one another through this situation.

I have an invitation to make after having read the Beaumont Enterprise today. I would like to invite the three Chester seniors to come to Evadale next Friday night so they could be introduced at halftime of the Evadale/Colmesneil game.

Last year it was our honor to host the Sabine Pass senior night introductions when our game with the Sharks had to be moved to Evadale after the destruction that happened with Hurricane Ike. I know that the Rebel fans would be more than happy to shine the spotlight on the Yellow Jacket senior football players all be it at another school and without their team being on the field.

With as big a game as this one is built up to be I know that the Jackets would get an incredible standing ovation from both sides of the field for their adopted senior night. Please contact me and we will be sure to get this set up if the players are willing to come and be recognized. I say again that it would be our honor to call out these three fine young men.

God bless you all, Chester

58 kids  26 of them boys  20 played football.   One player broke his foot a week earlier and all the injuries in the HI game.  It left 12 guys. 
[/quote]
Only need 11 to play.  Have seen, officiated, and coached a few games where teams have kicked off to start a game with nobody on the sideline but a couple of coaches and a waterboy.  Why cancel the remainder of the season?  This isn't fair to the remaining 12 healthy players and the last two district opponents that need games every friday night going into the playoffs.

Let me handle this for you guys....Yes I am a coach at Chester, Coach Meeker. I do not get on here often just wanted to check district scores to see how everyone was doing and came across this. To deal with the finance thing, as a teacher u either teach multiple subjects and multiple grades 6th-12th. We have 6 total coaches for Jr high and High School. We have 9 total teachers for jr high and hs. We have 4 guy coaches and 2 ladies coaches. 3 of us guys coach football, baseball and basketball. 1 of the other guy coaches is our tech guy who films games and is in the box for football, he also does track and cross country boys and girls. Our 2 female coaches coach volleyball, basketball and softball. As coaches we do not make money for every sport we do we mainly share responsibilities and do our part, life coaching at a small school. Ok now for the football part. We had 17 with us at High Island, had 20 oon the roster but really had 18: 1 hurt previously, 1 other reasons, and 1 was at a hunter safety course. So lets do the count against High Island: 3 with broke bones, 2 head injuries (concussions and spinal damage), 1 shoulder (previously injured as well), and 1 hand (not to serious). 3 finished the game against High Island not bc we wanted them to bc they left everything they had out there. After arriving home that leaves us 10 semi-healthy kids. Here is your choice put more kids personal well-being and health at risk for a game? Ask yourself if you want your kid or yourself put in the line of fire? My job and every teacher, coach, parent and responsible human being is to protect kids and your faced with a decision can you have a kid seriously injured just to finish a season. Sry my friends I could not have done that and obviously there were more ppl who did as well. God puts us in a position to protect and guide children, this will teach them 1. their self worth to a team 2. value of every human life there is 3. how important that "1" person is. No I don't like quitting, but for the best intrest of the kids it was the final decision. Do you think we want to take away something like this for the remaining few, esp srs? TRUTH to address you, you seem to be selfish. You are just worried about the last 2 games of district and not the lives of the kid's They sure did not go through 2-a-days and practice to end it like this. Remember when you talk about hs sports first thing is first the kids, then worry about your school and winning. I am not trying to be rude but I see this in society and ppl talk about the kids like they r empty objects that just are production tools. These kids r our future and it is up to you and I to sculp and mold them into good young men and women of God. About this not being fair no it isn't, life ain't fair. Ask ne woman if she thinks its fair she has to get pregnant and experience all that pain while the husband did his part too. Same in this situationChester kid's did their part but can't have the baby or in this case play. Sry just the first thing that came to my head.I have one thing to leave you with and its this......PSALMS 127:3 "Behold CHILDREN are a gift of the Lord"

[quote name="YellowJacketCoach" post="692171" timestamp="1256980085"]
Let me handle this for you guys....Yes I am a coach at Chester, Coach Meeker. I do not get on here often just wanted to check district scores to see how everyone was doing and came across this. To deal with the finance thing, as a teacher u either teach multiple subjects and multiple grades 6th-12th. We have 6 total coaches for Jr high and High School. We have 9 total teachers for jr high and hs. We have 4 guy coaches and 2 ladies coaches. 3 of us guys coach football, baseball and basketball. 1 of the other guy coaches is our tech guy who films games and is in the box for football, he also does track and cross country boys and girls. Our 2 female coaches coach volleyball, basketball and softball. As coaches we do not make money for every sport we do we mainly share responsibilities and do our part, life coaching at a small school. Ok now for the football part. We had 17 with us at High Island, had 20 oon the roster but really had 18: 1 hurt previously, 1 other reasons, and 1 was at a hunter safety course. So lets do the count against High Island: 3 with broke bones, 2 head injuries (concussions and spinal damage), 1 shoulder (previously injured as well), and 1 hand (not to serious). 3 finished the game against High Island not bc we wanted them to bc they left everything they had out there. After arriving home that leaves us 10 semi-healthy kids. Here is your choice put more kids personal well-being and health at risk for a game? Ask yourself if you want your kid or yourself put in the line of fire? My job and every teacher, coach, parent and responsible human being is to protect kids and your faced with a decision can you have a kid seriously injured just to finish a season. Sry my friends I could not have done that and obviously there were more ppl who did as well. God puts us in a position to protect and guide children, this will teach them 1. their self worth to a team 2. value of every human life there is 3. how important that "1" person is. No I don't like quitting, but for the best intrest of the kids it was the final decision. Do you think we want to take away something like this for the remaining few, esp srs? TRUTH to address you, you seem to be selfish. You are just worried about the last 2 games of district and not the lives of the kid's They sure did not go through 2-a-days and practice to end it like this. Remember when you talk about hs sports first thing is first the kids, then worry about your school and winning. I am not trying to be rude but I see this in society and ppl talk about the kids like they r empty objects that just are production tools. These kids r our future and it is up to you and I to sculp and mold them into good young men and women of God. About this not being fair no it isn't, life ain't fair. Ask ne woman if she thinks its fair she has to get pregnant and experience all that pain while the husband did his part too. Same in this situationChester kid's did their part but can't have the baby or in this case play. Sry just the first thing that came to my head.I have one thing to leave you with and its this......PSALMS 127:3 "Behold CHILDREN are a gift of the Lord"

Excellent post coach, get those boys ready for baseball, and my hometown is always on my mind.  Things always have a way of working themselves out, and this will be no different.  God has a plan.
Tim Bean
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder