Yankees vs. Phillies- World Series Thread

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Gabe" post="687746" timestamp="1256666391"]
Yanks in 6
[/quote]

I agree...the reason being, so they WIN THE SERIES AT HOME!!!  just like they did with the fruit n nut rally monkey crowd in the ALCS !!!  What a way to break in the new stadium!!! and stifle all the naysayers  ;D

And for all the philly fans (and in particular ONE Eagle fan...you know who you are  ;D   ;)  ):

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2009/10/27/2009-10-27_cheesesteakstinkin_town_of_philadelphia_poses_just_a_phantom_menace_to_mighty_ya.html

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="686597" timestamp="1256574139"]
Phillies in 6.
[/quote]

I'm with Admin on this one. Both teams have some lumber and no weak spots in the lineup but I think Philly splits the first two in NY and wins 2-3 at home then can win one back in NY. Should be some really close games with the pitching both have. I'll take Philly and their blue collar work ethic over the star studded Yanks.

C: Ruiz/Posada: This one is a toss up do you take the proven vet Posada who has struggled Defensively, or do you take Ruiz who is solid defensively and has been swinging the bat well in the post season?

I'll go with a PUSH on this one

1B Howard/Texiera: Howard has been crushing the ball in the post season Defense has been improved but shaky at times. Tex all around stud with the glove and the switch hitting ability however for this one

Going to take Howard

2B Utley/Cano: Utley has been down in the post season has an injury that he will have to get taken care of at the end of the season and is not talking about, Cano is playing well but this one has to go with

Utley just because

SS Rollins/Jeter: Rollins better Glove than Jeter and has hit in the 9th innings for the Phillies this postseason. However Jeter is still Jeter Mr. Postseason himself gotta give the nod to

Jeter how could you go against him

3b Feliz/ARod: Feliz has a great glove and gets hits at times. Who are we kidding AROD his blistering hot at this point in the postseason

AROD not even close

RF Werth/Swisher: Werth has come to play this postseason multiple Homeruns and driving in runs. Swisher has been bad

Werth not even close

CF Victorino/Cabrera: Victorino a pesky hitter good D much to the same of melky. Melky connects yankees lineup very well

PUSH

LF Ibanez/Damon: 2 very different style players Ibanez had a very good start to the season but has slowed down. Damon has been average in this post season. Ibanez first time in the bright lights of the WS think he is going to bring it

Ibanez

DH: Dobbs/Francisco/Stairs/ Matsui: Matsui has to be considered better here

Starting Pitching:
Phillies hit CC in the past
Lee has been on fire

Slight edge Phillies

Bullpen: with Mo Rivera yanks get the checkmark

This gives 5-4 edge Phillies

After comparing the players head to head I like Phillies in 6.  But this doesnt take into effect Home field advantage, fan noise, travel fatigue etc. 

Phillies winning games 1,3,5,6

[quote name="spoonbill" post="689276" timestamp="1256824345"]
where's the guy that was asking me if any piggies are in the majors? he never got back with me. one did pretty good last night. ;D ;D
[/quote]

No doubt...what a masterpiece by Lee. In total command from start to finish.
Go Phillies !

I think he did pretty decent last night.  He did miss some calls but that is going to happen. 

I am SO GLAD they got the Double play correct in the 6th inning.  Glad they took the opportunity to meet and discuss it.

Heard Bud Selig say that there has been several bad calls in the playoffs but he wants his Umps to be judged for their work throughout the season. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami